Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 08-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Actually there is a way if you find a russian program to open SCH and wdb files...and many other russian encrypted files in the game.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melkor View Post
Actually there is a way if you find a russian program to open SCH and wdb files...and many other russian encrypted files in the game.
Do you think this really helped him? If your going to give advice, give guidance also. This will lead to a ton of questions as to "How do it do this....."

This is why I, and probably others didn't answer him. You gave him half an answer. Not everyone knows what you're talking about. Most here are gamers, not decoders, and will need additional help here. I know you mean well, but you are getting some of us more lost than aid.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Its kind of hard to explain, because ive just started getting into decoding and other stuff since i Rig'N'Roll came out and im eager to edit the game files and make mods....
But for starters if you look into the Data folder and open the scripts.jar file with a jar extracter you can see all the scripts to the game
With this you can edit anything you wish such as game time and starting location for your truck too.
BUT the only thing that is holding me back is the SCH files that are alos in the DATA folder...Ive tried downloading programs that can open this but it says it is corrupted. So ive decided that it is a russian program that has encrypted the file, so at the moment im seeking help from modders on the russian side to help me out. When i figure a way to open these files ill let you guys know and provide a tutorial for it.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Now wasn't that better than the last one you wrote?
Old 08-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Approved Member

Well i got good news lol
this shows that the texture files are in the wdb for the geopard truck in stroy mode

I got all the .dds files from the Argosy and the shaders, i just need the meshes

GREAT NEWS IF SOMEONE CAN CONVERT WDB TO XML I MIGHT BE ABLE TO MOD THE TRUCKS!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg k.JPG (183.5 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Melkor; 08-24-2010 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Fixed
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Hello.

I have a question about the storyline... because I think, that there´s a technical problem (Bug?):

Are there missing cutscenes?

First the mission, where you must drive the second time to the police station...

The Journal says, that Dakota saved Nick from arresting. But there wasn´t a cutscene, where you can see/hear Dakota, you even don´t read his name in the dialogues (Except from the dialogue with Crane). There was just the one policeman, who asked for the Sergeant and then Nick suddenly got out?!?

Currently I got a call from Dakota, because of the fortress in the mountains. Nick said, that he called John before. Well, Nick never called John. Another missing cutscene?

Is this normal or a bug? If there are more information in the Journal than in the cutscenes, then there must be something missing.

By the way, who is John? I could swear, that I never met him before.

I have the original version of the game. There were no Installation-Problems.

Thanks for help.

Last edited by GAZ Vodnik; 08-23-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Approved Member

Well, I mentioned that with John some posts before. I'm confused about this, too. Especially because Nick said, that he talked to John before, what he didn't do, as you said.
John seems to be an old friend of Nick and a mechanic who built his ramp truck and this special truck you have to use for solving the mission.
(USA Trucker will look at this, maybe he finds out something...)

To the police:
Nick's wheel spider obviously had his finger prints on it. Jack Murdoc (Nick won a race for information against him.) was killed with this wheel spider. But Nick lent this thing to Crane.
(Later outside the police station Crance says, that he lent it to Matthew.)
Now Nick is the suspect because of his finger prints. Dakota was an unknown man until this moment. He is introduced later to Nick by calling and then meeting him in Oxnard. Dakota works for the state. That's why he acted concealed in the beginning until Nick meets him. He seems to be an undercover agent or something like that. Because Nick is an important person for Dakota and his case he contacts Nick and takes him out of the police station, no matter how he achieved that.

Last edited by BleDrajor; 08-23-2010 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:34 AM
Registered Member

Ok Great i hope that someone will be able to make a mod that allows the truck to be playable any time
Old 08-24-2010, 06:44 AM
Approved Member

well as we speak no ive converted the WDB files to another format, but now i need a program that can convert .csv files or .xls files to .XML files.
Or to make it simple .WDB To .XML....and ill have everything up and running for modding
Old 08-24-2010, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

So... Where can we find these "tricky to find" roads? One road shows last mission. How about others?