Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-19-2017, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

I noticed the red sand team also made an extreme red sand, with 400% creatures...

is the normal red sand too easy because of the Familiar? Or have you just "played too much", too good. Have you tried my Hylfire mod? More challenging than normal WoTn Ice'nfire.

How much land in red sand is altered? Noticed a lot of been changed on Debir (not passed that one yet). I'm not impressed by the looks of the new landscape... but the familiar is very good modding!! And interesting altered creature skills. Maurauder can be dangerous to fight with the change position talent...
Old 02-19-2017, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
I noticed the red sand team also made an extreme red sand, with 400% creatures...

is the normal red sand too easy because of the Familiar? Or have you just "played too much", too good. Have you tried my Hylfire mod? More challenging than normal WoTn Ice'nfire.

How much land in red sand is altered? Noticed a lot of been changed on Debir (not passed that one yet). I'm not impressed by the looks of the new landscape... but the familiar is very good modding!! And interesting altered creature skills. Maurauder can be dangerous to fight with the change position talent...
Normal Red Sands is way too easy IMO. Red Sands Extreme is also not too hard as you can easily see from settings (Red Sands Extreme vs Ultimate Challenge mod 2, Impossible difficulty):

exp=1.9 vs 14.0
alead=3.0 vs 6.8
spexp=1.3 vs 5.2
money=0.5 vs 0.4
rage=0.7 vs 0.1
manarage=0.5 vs 0.1

Haven't tried those mods yet, I'm still busy with my own mod

I like landscape and familiar is useful but gets arse kicked very easily (at least on my mod).
Old 03-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Approved Member

Default Bravo!

Impressive mod, huge and well made. Are you a game maker?
I m lvl 50, still cant do elven castle. Using Red Sands Extended_0813. And thats a good thing
Like the changes in medals, there is a minor bug with 3 of them, but cannot find the right file to fix that.
Congratulations and I hope to play more of your mods if you still work on some other chapter.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post

All the islands are altered, except the island you land on if you do the Red Sand questline also death and demon island not altered.
Also made a new island.
Thanks Belcanzor, and Im not a game maker.

Last edited by ecania; 04-03-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Default Ultimate Challenge modified v3 under testing

I decided to make another version for difficulty mod, this time there are much more difficulty adjustments. Currently under testing, beginning feels very hard, just like it should be. It's possible that some later fights are not hard but impossible, but that's somewhat difficult to say yet. New version will be published when I can say first islands are what I like and later islands are quickly tested.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:01 AM
Approved Member

Default Ultimate Challenge modified v3 scrapped

Due to serious limitation/bug on editor, v3 is scrapped.

v4 does some things differently.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Default Ultimate Challenge file modified v4

Much bigger overhaul this time. Now this should be so hard that player is required to use every means available to complete game. Just like Impossible difficulty description puts it.

General:

- Amelie gets more leadership from levelup (returned to normal)
- Leadership gained from banners decreased a lot (returned to normal)
- More starting crystals (because Asmadeo "dies" a lot at beginning)
- Bit more starting mana and rage
- Spell book size is now about 1000 (practically unlimited)
- Asmadeo slightly better

To make first islands better balanced:

- Much more money (0.7 vs normal 0.4)
- Experience divisor 14.2 (was 14.0)
- Enemy strength 7.0 (was 6.6)
- Pet dragon experience 6.4 (was 5.2)

Location changes:

- Shettera and Reha are now much harder
- Blue collar tomb Magic spring next to trader could no longer give +11 defense

Spell changes:

- Phantom spell slightly weaker
- Call of nature mana cost decreased
- Slow spell mana cost increased

Army changes:

- Legendary Phoenix has much less defence and health

Rules same as before

- Impossible difficulty of course as settings are modified only for it.
- No losses challenge, meaning no single unit lost on any fight, including Mages tower fights. Note that Asmadeo cannot "die".
- Completing training session in Debir start is very hard without luck, feel free to use cheats there. Perhaps easiest way is to modify config/spells.txt and modify spell_fire_arrow damage to 1200. Remember to mod it back to 70 after completing training.
- No use of wanderer spells

Install:

- Install Red Sands extended (can be loaded from http://www.mediafire.com/file/1jfom0...ended_0813.rar )
- Make backup of ...red_sands\ directory
- Zip file now contains four directories. Extract all directories to ...red_sands\ directory (so that files on directories overwrite old files) and overwrite
- Start new game
Attached Files
File Type: zip Ultimate Challenge 4.zip (250.8 KB, 54 views)
Old 06-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

how do I actually install this mod ? I have downloaded the file, but there's no guide there...
Old 06-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robizeratul View Post
how do I actually install this mod ? I have downloaded the file, but there's no guide there...
Extract red_sands directory to

...Kings Bounty Crossworlds GOTY\sessions

Start game and choose Red Sands campaign.
Old 06-30-2017, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Game works now, played it and it's OK.

One problem. Can't get camera to work. Battle camera works fine, but exploration camera doesn't. I can't get it to work in the normal game either,don't know why.

I have this: mod_cw13_orcs_eng_camera in the redsands/mods folder. But it seems like it doesn't work. How to fix it? Can't play with stupid standard camera, makes my head hurt...