Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

that's sound interesting
Old 08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
If you add an additional 5 or 6 hours by days, I'll be able, yes.

I understand...and if you fly at all, you have your own opinion I'm sure

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 08-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=BlackSix;

Yes, you are right. I've not enough information about CloD and I've a lot of restrictions on the disclosure of details.
But, the community has very simple choice:
1) communication as is. It will improve over time as I study language and I obtain new data.
2) no communication. My main task is publication of news and Friday updates, I can do only it.

I'll tell more about our situation on Monday.

[/QUOTE]
standing by for tomommow, and btw, shouldn't you know by now, nobody is blaming you for anything, on the contrary, and i'm not blamig you for whatever in the first place. S! to you
Old 08-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Approved Member

Are there plans to accept 3rd party ground objects to be imported into CLOD, such as buildings, trees, static objects etc.
Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 Superclocked
4G Patriot Gamer
Corsair 750 Watt PS
Vista Home Premium SP2 64-bit
Old 08-27-2012, 07:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Tomorrow I'll start collecting bugs in special themes on strictly limited issues. Details will be tomorrow.
This initiative has been canceled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUJO_1970 View Post
Are there plans to accept 3rd party ground objects to be imported into CLOD, such as buildings, trees, static objects etc.
We have no this plans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FM discussion moved:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=34080

Next posts about FM will be delete in this thread.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Approved Member

Hello Black6

May I ask following Questions:

1. I think the Community understands that your first priority is to release the sequel. Because of that, you only can "fix" CloD. My question is: After you have released the sequel, will the new things of the sequel be implemented in CloD? For example: If you release the Sequel with a news Radio-Command-Menu, will this be in CloD as well?

2. In the current Beta-Patch, many Radio-Commands are removed compared to the last official version. Are you planing to fix only the radio-commands of the last beta or all the radio commands, including the radio-commands from the last official version?

Thank you for your time!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Some earlier questions below that were saved in a locked thread which has now been updated with all current known Q&A's. Apologies if there are some inaccuracies or errors. We'll get them sorted in the next day or so.

No hurry B6 to answer these below, answer what you can and get to the harder ones when you have time.
Cheers
Phat
  1. Is dedicated server going to be available? Timeframe for release? Before sequel or after?
  2. If no dedicated server is being worked on (above) is the MP code still being worked on and what improvements would you like to make?
  3. Are you expecting further maximum FPS improvement or are you focusing on minimum and average FPS and removing micro stutters?
  4. Will there be an improvement to the GUI for setting up control device axes? Compare to old IL-2 where it was very simple to do.
  5. Will there ever be a document or readme what the graphics options in conf.ini do or could they be integrated as Options in Graphics, if applicable?
  6. Will the user interface be simplified or implimented as per 1946 to allow easier use?
  7. Will a QMB function be set as above to expand single player?

PS... please note that most of those original questions have already been answered!
Old 08-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Hello Path

As far as I know:

GUI and QMB will stay the same and will only be changed in the sequel.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
This initiative has been canceled.
No offense intended here and please don't take this personally B6, but if this company could stop continually shooting itself in the foot regarding its PR and customer relations the situation might improve a little.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Approved Member

I've one universal answer to all these questions. In the sequel, we'll use the same engine that is now apply in CloD. We need to achieve stable operation and remove all the bugs. These fixes are also apply in CloD. All other bugs and improvements have a very low priority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continu0 View Post
1. I think the Community understands that your first priority is to release the sequel. Because of that, you only can "fix" CloD. My question is: After you have released the sequel, will the new things of the sequel be implemented in CloD? For example: If you release the Sequel with a news Radio-Command-Menu, will this be in CloD as well?

2. In the current Beta-Patch, many Radio-Commands are removed compared to the last official version. Are you planing to fix only the radio-commands of the last beta or all the radio commands, including the radio-commands from the last official version?
1) Sequel will have very many differences. Such issues will disappear after the announcement. Now I can't comment this.

2) I think we are planing to fix only the radio-commands of the last beta. We have no time for full rework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
  1. Is dedicated server going to be available? Timeframe for release? Before sequel or after?
  2. If no dedicated server is being worked on (above) is the MP code still being worked on and what improvements would you like to make?
  3. Are you expecting further maximum FPS improvement or are you focusing on minimum and average FPS and removing micro stutters?
  4. Will there be an improvement to the GUI for setting up control device axes? Compare to old IL-2 where it was very simple to do.
  5. Will there ever be a document or readme what the graphics options in conf.ini do or could they be integrated as Options in Graphics, if applicable?
  6. Will the user interface be simplified or implimented as per 1946 to allow easier use?
  7. Will a QMB function be set as above to expand single player
1-2 This work has a very low priority
3 We will try to work on all fronts
4-5-6-7 We are not planning this now for CloD
Closed Thread