Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Default Seat adjustment lever

Hi Oleg,

Absolutely stunning to see the thing "in action"

However since you asked us to pick errors... I think the pilot seat adjustment lever (to the left of the sear) is wrong. I've seen the original one. Its a shiny piece of finely molded aluminium, with a black rubber grip.

So I think there are two problems with it:

- the end of the lever misses the rubber grip
- the colour doesn't seem to be right either. On your picture it has grey primer as the rest of the cocpit, but the original piece I have seen was polished aluminium. I didn't see any traces of paint on it, it probably wasn't painted originally. I tried to find a picture, and I managed to find this:

This is picture taken by the French (or the British) of a 109E-3 (WNr. 1304) in the end of 1939, when the plane was captured. It seems the original lever and the rest of the assembly was unpainted, natural aluminium finish. Note also the black rubber grip.

via: http://kurfurst.org/Tactical_trials/...ls/Morgan.html

The second thing I don't like so much is the weathering inside the cocpit. All planes look like as they have seen many, many years of use. Some pre-war manufactured planes might have, and looked this way, but in reality, losses were such that fighter planes did not have much time to age. Avarage lifespan of a Bf 109 was like 4 months and about 40 hours in 1942, from RLM records... then it was wrecked or shot down in avarage. Most planes were still had the factory smell in them and no wear on the cocpit when they went into the trash can. As it is, it looks a bit strange, the wings are all new and shiny, but the cocpit looks 500 years old...

So, since the externals of the plane "age" already, I wonder if it would be possible that the internals would have less "beggarish", with less or no paint chipped etc. Perhaps a multi-layered texture with transparency set according to the age and use of aircraft?

Or some random effect, that at start of carreer, you get a well worn airplane, get higher in rank, crash the previous aircraft etc., and get a new one fresh from the factory, with no wear in the cocpit at all?

I can send you some accurate Russian drawings of 109E seat adjustment system too.
Il-2Bugtracker: Feature #200: Missing 100 octane subtypes of Bf 109E and Bf 110C http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/200
Il-2Bugtracker: Bug #415: Spitfire Mk I, Ia, and Mk II: Stability and Control http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/415

Kurfürst - Your resource site on Bf 109 performance! http://kurfurst.org
Old 10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Hecke

Oleg, can you please answer this question.

Will I be able to fly in a cockpit that is completely new (without "weathering")?
Old 10-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
I have a question Oleg.

Will we be able to open the vent and sliding windows on the 109s?
It is done in all models. Was in plan to make openable, but can't say will or not for all working. At least it is possible.
Canopy itself - openable for all.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
Oleg, can you please answer this question.

Will I be able to fly in a cockpit that is completely new (without "weathering")?
probably no.
We want to make such thing, but it is really not easy to put any wish (even my own) in a sim. Sometime we are going for compromises.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
Just to show that the work over lighting tuning is still there... and due this tuning was changing textures.

So finally you all will get really close to photorealistic picture.
Nice! Your colors are are matching nicely so far....Here is the second of tree parts of a flight from London Heathrow to Bremen in Germany in early morning... . I am currently uploading the first and the third part at the moment. Sorry for no editing.. But the colors are very good captured like my eyes were seeing them..

Please please, let the far horizon melt or fate smoothly into the sky like there is no border.. you can see that also in the video! that will look really amasing and realistic!!

Thumbs up for your and your teams good word!

Last edited by PhilHL; 10-22-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Lovely full tree cover in the Landscape image...
Old 10-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
It is done in all models. Was in plan to make openable, but can't say will or not for all working. At least it is possible.
Canopy itself - openable for all.

Thanks for answer.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Hecke

Quote:
probably no.
We want to make such thing, but it is really not easy to put any wish (even my own) in a sim. Sometime we are going for compromises.
True, but I was thinking it was the same with the plane texture, that you do the weathering after the texture was done.

For my taste, some parts of cockpit are too much used up.

Last edited by Hecke; 10-22-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Not bad but, but now it"s about time to see some more of the game like some meteo effects, ground textures, the famous animated cities and not always close up views. We didn't see much of the french cities yet ... I hope that the next update will not have a serie of ground vehicles on dummy textures ...

I have noticed that there is no pilot's reflections in the glass of the gauges.
Does it mean that we will we be also flying a ghost plane like in IL2 or will we have a half ghost like in Lock-On (legs and no arms) or will we se some gloved hands on the stick ?

If there is a pilot in the cockpit, will we see the reflection of it's head in the gauges move when using track-ir ?
Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwan View Post
Not bad but, but now it"s about time to see some more of the game like some meteo effects, ground textures, the famous animated cities and not always close up views. We didn't see much of the french cities yet ... I hope that the next update will not have a serie of ground vehicles on dummy textures ...

I have noticed that there is no pilot's reflections in the glass of the gauges.
Does it mean that we will we be also flying a ghost plane like in IL2 or will we have a half ghost like in Lock-On (legs and no arms) or will we se some gloved hands on the stick ?

If there is a pilot in the cockpit, will we see the reflection of it's head in the gauges move when using track-ir ?
You can see the pilot reflection in screenshot 7, 8 and 9.
Look at page 10 for a verry nice non close up ground shot with sunrise and stuka.