Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Patches

Patches Patches for RNR

Old 08-30-2010, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

OMG, can't believe there's only so few reported:
Let me give a few:

1. Damage model
- things are falling apart in the wrong place, e.g. I bump into something driving 5 mph backwards, and my mirror comes broken, or my sunshield comes off, or my forward lights are broken.
- looks like all trucks are made of glass, and "literally" when one bumps into flying moskitos, truck gets damaged.

2. Police
- They chase only you, even for infractions caused by others.
- You can get infractions for things caused in the accident, e.g. AI insta-stops ahead of you, and your truck bumps into his back, in effect I loose my headlights, for which I get infraction - Driving with no headlights !!!!
- when AI bumps into you, you get infraction.
- wrong infractions, e.g. I was driving about 25 meters behind another truck (not competitor), and police gave me a ticket for "Reckless driving", even though I was nowhere near anything.
- They follow you to the warehouse, and sometimes cause accident if there's no space to fit two cars on leaving the warehouse.
- Police is dumb, they don't do anything but chasing you. No roadblocks, no big chases, 2/3 cars at most, no matter for how long you don't stop.
- Sometimes they drive so fast that when you stop, they are too far already, and you have to catch them to get ticket.

3. AI
- Cars bump, fall, turn into you, causing infractions on your account
- Some cars change lanes in the middle of your trailer, causing infractions on your account, again.
- Competitors are easy to catch up with, but then suddenly, outrun you as they like (when driving untuned trucks).
- Sometimes competitors are causing accidents between themselves and if you're on another lane close to them, you get infraction, they also bump into you, because they're in such a hurry (infraction on ur acc).
EDIT1:
- they stop on the highway to change lane. How ridiculous is that? High speed road, and they stop because there's traffic in another lane, and they want to change lane...
- AI does not respect left/right turn signals, or horn.

4. Sound
- Every time one pressed gas, it starts the same sound sequence, even when driving 80mph, pretty annoying.
- Is repetitive, and looping is easy to hear.

5. Graphics
- Sometimes trucks and trailers are disappearing on the road, like falling through, especially on bridges, and floating roads.
- Rain is not degrading visibility at all
- Rain drops are about 1000x too big
- Raining on sunny days
- Are those truck related animations required??? Can't we have them skipped? ESC anyone?
- external views are useless, please allow for free look and smooth zoom, without panning and annoying camera resets.
- Lights are sometimes not visible on the road, even though undamaged
- when looking into the mirror, some cars don't have wheels

6. General
- Mirror adjustments are reset on many occassions, e.g. entering/leaving warehouses, talking to other characters, changing views, etc...
- No fov adjustment, it's too big at the moment
- No TrackIR support, even though it was promised
- No way to adjust keyboard steering sensitivity - yes, not everyone has got a wheel
- Memory leaks, causing CTDs after an hour-two, quite consistently, especially when driving north from the base.
- Some roads are closed, even though road signs are pointing you at them, which one will find out after quite few miles.
- No way to disable police, damage, etc...
- Cars are floating above the road
EDIT:
- Picking up the trailer - truck should be able to pick up the trailer by going under the trailer with the back of the truck, not bumping into it, and causing trailer to magically jump on to the truck.
- Sleep, food not required ? Should at least be optional, for better realism. There are bars already.
- Road service should allow you to select what you want to be repaired, whether one wants to refuel or not.
- No traffic in urban areas
- Extra tank doesn't add more space for fuel.
- No cabin swinging on turns, etc.

7. Physics (EDIT)
- It's nowhere near the word "physics". Even havok is 100% better.
- Boost causes insta speed up, which is completely unrealistic, should be a lot more fluid.
- 80mph on 45 degree turn, without changing lane - that's a grip.
- Damage is not causing loss of performance

EDIT:
- Tips section of the main website: Those tips are not applicable to the game. Why are they called like that ? Should be something like "Road and Driving Safety Rules".
- News section only points out patch 3.0.1, where my version if 3.0.4 (Steam).

That's for start, I'll continue later.

I could start recording videos with all those issues, but that wouldn't help you sell more copies. Hope most of the issues will be fixed with the next patch. There are suggestions for the game as well, but no point in giving them here, not now anyway.

Regards.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-31-2010 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Relocated to the proper thread.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Nice list, but just about everything you listed has been said before in other threads. What you did was bring it all into one spot where it belongs. Nice job.

I moved your post here because these aren't really bugs. They are design flaws that should be corrected, or improved, and this thread better describes your concerns.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USA Trucker View Post

Nice list, but just about everything you listed has been said before in other threads. What you did was bring it all into one spot where it belongs. Nice job.

I moved your post here because these aren't really bugs. They are design flaws that should be corrected, or improved, and this thread better describes your concerns.
Thanks.
It would be nice to see those things re-implemented in RnR.

Cheers
Old 08-31-2010, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by galatei View Post
Thanks.
It would be nice to see those things re-implemented in RnR.

Cheers
You're welcome. I just thought this was a better place for your post. It was a nice listing, and a job well done.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
You're welcome. I just thought this was a better place for your post. It was a nice listing, and a job well done.
I pretty much listed everything I found after about 10 hours of playing.

This game has lots of potential, and it would a waste to leave it just like that.

I played most of the SCSSoft truck simulators and their physics and truck simulation would be a good example of what it should be in RnR. What they lack most is the environment, as rich as in RnR, as well as better economy and storyline.

Fingers crossed.
Cheers
Old 10-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Driving on ice (I suppose it's that because this only happens when you see snow) feels more like a loss of power rather than loss of traction. If you floor the accelerator, the rpms don't go up, which feels like the rear wheels are running on tar rather than ice. On the other hand, the front wheels do seem to lose their traction as the truck does not respond to the steering wheel and easily slips out of control.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaarlo Käki View Post
Driving on ice (I suppose it's that because this only happens when you see snow) feels more like a loss of power rather than loss of traction. If you floor the accelerator, the rpms don't go up, which feels like the rear wheels are running on tar rather than ice. On the other hand, the front wheels do seem to lose their traction as the truck does not respond to the steering wheel and easily slips out of control.

Truck physics is most certainly the number one reported problem with this game. It needs to be re-done from scratch I think. However, your post is a new twist to the physics that nobody else reported, and is a good find. I can only assume that not many have had snow yet, and if so, didn't put it to the test as you did. I'll have to keep this in mind. That's good attention to detail.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 10-01-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I can only assume that not many have had snow yet, and if so, didn't put it to the test as you did. I'll have to keep this in mind. That's good attention to detail.
Winter driving is natural in this corner of the world, so in R'n'R it just felt so...so...unnatural. I'm used to slippin'n'slidin' and the engine revving when I step on the gas, so when I encountered ice for the first time in the game, I was wondering what was wrong with my truck. It seemed someone had substituted a moped engine for the standard 600 hp one.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

It's a really good game and beats fairly the competition.
One thing that I would like to propose besides some of the things that other players have said and I would also like to see them improved is adding some new europian models of trucks like MAN VOLVO SCANIA and DAF and some europian trailers with the 3 axle system.
It's my job and I want to see some of this trucks in this game because as I said it's by far the best there is in this kind off games.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbatos18 View Post
It's a really good game and beats fairly the competition.
One thing that I would like to propose besides some of the things that other players have said and I would also like to see them improved is adding some new europian models of trucks like MAN VOLVO SCANIA and DAF and some europian trailers with the 3 axle system.
It's my job and I want to see some of this trucks in this game because as I said it's by far the best there is in this kind off games.
the game take place in California, do you remember?