Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 10-15-2016, 01:26 AM
Approved Member

Currently in the dwarven areas, hard mode, uh, level 44 I think. Iceshaper.

It's true that this game is way too long. That's something I think Crossworlds did far better on.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

In our version 1.1 Merlassar and Ice Garden is not there. We are actually working on another mod, Bonfire, which is very different. It is a mix of used islands from the games and new areas. It is NOT like starting on Nordlig, then Vestlig, it is completely different and with more randomness. It is as close to a random map generator as we can make. For instance on a certain island when you go underground, it is a random underground and when you go deeper it is another random. And a lot more!
Old 10-24-2016, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Tactics rank 3 may be glitchy somehow. I couldn't figure out how to rearrange my troops with it. I jumped straight to 3 from 0 (I had a bunch of stored up mind runes) so I can't speak to ranks 1 and 2.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiras View Post
Tactics rank 3 may be glitchy somehow. I couldn't figure out how to rearrange my troops with it. I jumped straight to 3 from 0 (I had a bunch of stored up mind runes) so I can't speak to ranks 1 and 2.
Tactic is different now. You CANNOT rearrange troops. Instead you can rearrange the scenairy (the altars - read the Tactic info plz!). When there aren't any, you still have to press the Ready button. We intend to reduce the price for Tactic to 5-5-5, since it is quite expensive now. It is only a little help, thats why. We had to change tactic, because we had crashes with the Companion or the Extra Summoning skill half the heroes have. Sometimes you would move troops to place where the Companion would be. The companion is first shown AFTER Tactic, that's why it crashed.
Level 1: You can rearrange close ones and only move them a bit forward.
Level 2-3: you can rearrange them further away.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:32 PM
Approved Member

It has been quite here for a while, just wanna check if people are still playing... what level and what hero etc...
Old 12-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
It has been quite here for a while, just wanna check if people are still playing... what level and what hero etc...
Can you give date when the new mod will come out?
Old 01-04-2017, 12:31 AM
Approved Member

Tried HYLFIRE like 10 hours, I decide to go back to standard ice and fire.

These are my opinions.

Battles are hard and painful to play
We have shitty start unit, and lots of choice restriction due to lack of leadership.

The first or second battle after I walk out of nording castle has to fight ancient vampire who regenerates full health every turn.
That's really frustrating.
I'm forced to use every damage spell scroll to kill vampire.
If I don't get random damage scroll I have no way to beat vampire as certain class.

Another thing I don't like is that enemy will chase you for very long distance.
Sometimes you used up all mana in last battle and can not find a break to replenish.

3 Some class are extremely weak in early game. Especially for those who doesn't have summon spell or damage spell
I tried to play dragon rider to lv5, but I never successfully summoned a dragon once.
Does this skill really work?

4 Skills are too random to get.
I don't like the idea of locking skills.
You randomly get skill not fit your style when level up.

5 Battle result/ level reward is too random.
While random generator can be fun, you still need some fixed guarantee for our rewarding gameplay.

Sometimes you get nothing from level up. WTH?
Sometimes you get permanent stat bonus after battle, that's not fair
Old 01-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Approved Member

We made a mod with bigger challenge, you can play on normal or easy if it is too much for you. I can just say that I have played many times and have no problems on Impossible Level - yes our mod is a challenge but that was the point since WoTn got a lot of critics about being toooo easy even on Impossible Difficulty. It is ONLY on the first 2 islands you will find enemies chasing you a long time. Dragon Rider should work, you first have 20% chance it will come then 40-60-80-100% when you level the skill up. It is actually a rather strong char IMO. In the text it says how much mana or rage you need to summon dragons (low lvl dragons). When that is said, we have found some bugs on that char but it is the only bugged char (out of 15)
About leadership: one hint is finding all flags on Nordlig before entering fights.

If you dont like randomness then dont play this... most people find it better this way... more replay value. I have tried playing the original game myself once or twice after making this mod, but find it too borring after playing Hylfire.

BTW, Vampires DONT heal completely up but partly in our mod.

We have made a game that we like, since we have played the game so many times, we need a bigger challence. Some will like the randomness, some not. That's it.

I have noticed some people always think they have to play on Impossible Level, but not in our mod, Normal or Hard er fine too.

I hope it helps.

Last edited by raknefne; 01-04-2017 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spell erros
Old 01-04-2017, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

You are playing it wrong .even on impossible is easy.the only bad thing was the sail tax but after patch not the case anymore
And how raknefne said we play mods because normal game și so f.....ng booring
Old 01-04-2017, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

I recall the Heroes of Might and Magic 3 map generator: Sometimes games were ok, other times hard. This is the thought we had when making the mod. Randomness.