Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 10-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

o.o nice
Old 10-12-2009, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
Are you kidding? That's a great score and only 23 days!

It's gonna take me twice that amount of days cause it's just a bit of fun isn't it. I go back and forth I aint bothered about days..they help the score I assume?
Yeah cheers, it's a good score but Vilk and Calinda have done a fair bit better, as have a few others. I don't really like the need to hurry in order to get a high score. As I said before, I always like to scour new areas for runes/scrolls/flags before engaging the enemies, and I also like to open up new areas of the main quest (eg Ellinia) to give myself more options in terms of units, spells and equipment. All of this prevents me from getting anywhere near the 7 days people have managed. I'd say I could get it under 20 playing the way I do, just being more careful with the timings, but 7 days isn't going to happen.

The thing I like about Armored Princess is that travel times have been improved. Now it takes a fixed number of hours to travel from one island to another. No more 7am stuff...
Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
The thing I like about Armored Princess is that travel times have been improved. Now it takes a fixed number of hours to travel from one island to another. No more 7am stuff...
Amen brother.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

SCORE: 1727

Paladin on impossible, 7 days, 103 quests, and no casualties.

Killed everything (except for 1 enemy at Islands of Freedom that was used twice for the no-army-suicide-travel trick), grabbed a Tactics Treatise very early at level 4 (and kept on using it except for the last two fights), prioritized getting Learning 3 and Keeper of Light 3, but still nowhere near reaching level 31. So it's safe to say level 31 is unreachable except via mods/cheating.

Of note is that I used Phantom A LOT, and used it primarily for the "free" Emerald Green Dragons. Looking at the combat statistics, it seems that the phantom EGDs where not counted as spells, but as EGD damage.

It's also funny that the Thorn Warriors that my Dryads summoned actually surpassed the Dryads in damage.

It has been a blast playing this game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg record - highlights.JPG (183.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg record - combat statistics.JPG (189.4 KB, 88 views)

Last edited by loreangelicus; 10-19-2009 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

beat calinda's score
Old 10-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
SCORE: 1727

Paladin on impossible, 7 days, 103 quests, and no casualties.

Killed everything (except for 1 enemy at Islands of Freedom that was used twice for the no-army-suicide-travel trick), grabbed a Tactics Treatise very early at level 4 (and kept on using it except for the last two fights), prioritized getting Learning 3 and Keeper of Light 3, but still nowhere near reaching level 31. So it's safe to say level 31 is unreachable except via mods/cheating.

Of note is that I used Phantom A LOT, and used it primarily for the "free" Emerald Green Dragons. Looking at the combat statistics, it seems that the phantom EGDs where not counted as spells, but as EGD damage.

It's also funny that the Thorn Warriors that my Dryads summoned actually surpassed the Dryads in damage.

It has been a blast playing this game.
You must be ready for Armored Princess now! Well done on mastering the game. You've done a lot better than most of us here, including myself.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
You must be ready for Armored Princess now! Well done on mastering the game. You've done a lot better than most of us here, including myself.
I'm pretty hyped for AP, but I heard there are no more "07:00" time tricks there, so it would be a real challenge time-wise. But I get the feeling a lot of people in this forum appreciate this change and would be more than up for the challenge.

If you look at this post, one page back, someone actually got a score of 1,742 by doing it in 6 days. Fun stuff, I'm glad a lot of people push the limits of this game and find it both challenging and fun as this is the only way we could discover new and innovative tactics.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

As one of the people who played through the russian version of AP, I must say it provides much more of a challenge. The impossible difficulty of KBAP is much harder than KBTL's. This way people will have much more fun doing playthroughs on impossible - although Calinda once again found a cheesy way to beat the game without any losses on impossible in record time, but that's another matter...

In addition to that, there will be one funny side mission - that is the Pathfinder mission. We must find the best travel option to minimize the extra travel time, since there is no more 7AM trick due to the fixed travel times. That alone will prove to be a serious challenge, which everyone who strives for a higher score should find to his/her liking, I'm sure of it!

Just a few more days guys, and everyone will bask into the new world of KBAP. You will most certainly enjoy it.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:26 PM
Approved Member

Glad to hear you think AP is more difficult on Impossible, DGD. I hope that it will be a challenge for me. I much prefer the travel times in AP (fixed number of hours between one particular island and another) and I doubt we'll be seeing the game completed in 6 days. But I would have said that before about TL as well.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

It will be more difficult, I promise you

There is much more to play for in it, at least in my opinion. The medals alone are worth investing some time into, although some of them are based on some stuff that you may or may not use in your playstyle.

A side note, based on what's happening here in KBTL - now in KBAP you get a score penalty if you lose a battle. It is only 1%, but it is something, especially if you use that more than a few times. This means no more fast travel tricks in KBAP. I just saw it in the scoreline after I finished the new playthrough...