Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 12-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT_Gasher View Post
thx. Solved the problem. As I played a lot in the demon-world and did not have older savegames (it's just too long ago that I played Gothic 3 ), I just walked to the border of the map, checked the automap and then continued moving blind with the arrow-keys to the teleporter. After switching there and back again, everything was fine again.
The reason why this happened, is also obvious: After the patch, the models were changed. You're on foot now.

Just for anyone having the same issue: Try to hit one of the teleporters and everything's fine again.
Ah thanks for the workaround! Even after hitting a teleporter, it got stuck, but going blind with the automap is a great idea (plus using the arrow keys). Good find!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Another fix for the Demonis/Hades/etc. issue I just did.
  • In Steam, go to Library
  • Right-click KBWOTN and go to Properties
  • Click Betas
  • Choose "previousbuild - Nov12 build"
  • Click Close
  • Launch the game. It should be build 6246 instead of 6250. You should be back on the horse with a working camera
  • Exit to the overworld. Save into a new slot. Exit the game.
  • Go back to Steam, Properties, Beta
  • Choose None, then Close
  • Launch the game, it should show the newer build
  • Load the save game and re-enter the underworld. The character should be on foot with a working camera
Old 12-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAT_Gasher View Post
Awesome. Steam updated the game again. Dunno, if others got that bug, as well but whenever I load any saved game, my character is missing his horse and the camera doesn't follow him anymore. That way the game got unplayable for me. I'm not sure, if that happens to everyone because I am in that demon-world where it's also not possible to fly.
Maybe someone could tell me, if I'm the only one having this issue.
Hi all,
exactly the same problem for me, unplayable
Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratamiez View Post
Hi all,
exactly the same problem for me, unplayable
Read post #111 (just 4 posts before yours).
Old 12-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

I really wanted to buy and play this game, but there are so many bugs that need to start a new game that I'm gonna wait for the critical ones to be fixed before I buy. x(
Old 12-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhowen View Post
I really wanted to buy and play this game, but there are so many bugs that need to start a new game that I'm gonna wait for the critical ones to be fixed before I buy. x(
The current build is fairly stable. Most problems are
a) people seeing OPTIONAL quests still broken after the patch
b) people refusing to patch even though it will help the crashes/weird behavior.
c) the not so common demonis bug which has a workaround anyway.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
The current build is fairly stable.
I cannot see it like you. In my last game as soothsayer I lost all spells from spellbook and had to continue the game without any spells
Also the demon portal key quest was bugged and I couldn't revisit demonis.

No, I will wait with KB until a real major patch will be released. The actual state of the game is close to unplayable.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xev View Post
I cannot see it like you. In my last game as soothsayer I lost all spells from spellbook and had to continue the game without any spells
Also the demon portal key quest was bugged and I couldn't revisit demonis.

No, I will wait with KB until a real major patch will be released. The actual state of the game is close to unplayable.
Fair enough, but as work arounds

a) get another ally, you won't lose all spells. Also, to lose all spells, you are already at the final boss and can use a cheat code to recover (I'd prefer to just get another ally instead).

b) out of my three full playthroughs, did not run into that one. Sorry about that. That is pretty bad.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Fair enough, but as work arounds

a) get another ally, you won't lose all spells. Also, to lose all spells, you are already at the final boss and can use a cheat code to recover (I'd prefer to just get another ally instead).

b) out of my three full playthroughs, did not run into that one. Sorry about that. That is pretty bad.
you did already 3 playthroughs?
can you tell which one was the hardest and the most easiest one?

Also, can you share me your opinion about which kings bounty is the best?
The original of crossworlds or... ?

for me warrior of the north is a big let down.
playing on impossible and playing mainly without losses at all.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikbenrichard View Post
you did already 3 playthroughs?
can you tell which one was the hardest and the most easiest one?

Also, can you share me your opinion about which kings bounty is the best?
The original of crossworlds or... ?

for me warrior of the north is a big let down.
playing on impossible and playing mainly without losses at all.
Well, technically I only beat it once. First run was with Viking using Rune Mage / Paladin / Horsemen. I threw in a few Rangers and Elves and almost got to 100% crit chance, but the broken Unicorn Quest made it so I couldn't get my 2nd Yew Bow.

My Soothsayer, I stopped short at the last island because I noticed a broken quest bug and it was already pretty easy at that point. I was using mostly level 5s with Ancient Phoenix being my primary damage / tank. Or, switching to Greasy Mist + Fire Rain to deal 20-30K damage PER HEX.

And I have slowed my 2nd Viking run considerably as well. Already killed Loki. Using mostly Demons as my damage dealer with very high critical hit. Infinite retaliation with nearly 100% critical chance speeds up battles a lot.

I've specificallly decided not to play the Skald because I find his unique abilities bring nothing special to the table. Resurrecting 90% of a single stack is terrible compared to 100% and while the songs are nifty, I think they only work for the first 2-3 rounds? The higher leadership is a pretty strong advantage though but nearly 100% crit seems to be ~ or better than high leadership advantage. I also typically have a surplus of mind runes anyway.

They all have their pros and cons. For true no loss, Viking has it very hard on the first island. You really need tons of luck. On my second Viking play through, I had to take losses on Uldar and Ahriman as I did not get lucky with Call of Nature like the first time. Soothsayer was pretty easy IF you can get Ancient Phoenix somewhat early on. (not to mention Level 3 Healing is an AWESOME nuke spell and works well with Level 5 units).

I never played The Legend. I really love Crossworlds with the Rune Mages that can resurrect Black Dragons.

There are things I do like about Warriors of the North. The mid-game is really flexible so I can build my "super army". I usually do playthroughs with general themes, and this time through my overpowered theme is using an unorthodox team

Archdemons, Bone Dragons (yup, you heard it. Bone dragons), Demonologists, Paladins, and Demons.

I like it.