Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Approved Member

DT:
Do you have in mind for the near future adding new brit and german bombers to be complementary whit the radar feature ?
And there´s one of you working or planning to work in new maps?
We really preciate your work. Thanks.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

I dont post here very often, but I'd like to thank Team D. for volunteering their time, with 1C's approval, to make future patches for our favorite sim.

Please don't be afraid to work flight model issues, as there is zero controversy over a 1C - accredited group making those (or any other) changes. However, I completely understand your reasons for not wishing to discuss these issues on an open forum.

The sim already has many, many planes. More planes are nice to have, but I hope your priorities will become fixing the old. I moderate a forum elsewhere which discusses aircraft performance in game, and despite the inevitable arguments its a good thing that players are so interested in the sim that they will spend hours testing stuff and discussing the results. I think its one of the reasons we are all still here.

From those comments on that other forum, the major issues raised are what I'd call the consistency of aircraft performance 'within' the type and obviously the comparisons 'between' types. We also have a great deal of debate on the accuracy of the FM in areas such as stalling, spinning, and low speed high power flight regimes.

Good examples of things that leap out are:

1) Spitfire energy retention in tight turns
2) The relative performance of the 109G2 vs the 109G6
3) The relative performance of the A8 vs the A6, A5, and especially the A5-1.65

...so I hope you share my interest in those issues. Wishing you all the best and look forward to seeing your work.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

We do already have many aircraft...I too would like torque looked at, as a possible priority to fine tune this great sim.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 08-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

Hello DT,
i just want to you fix German plane damage moddelling. Pilot has no chance when his Bf-109 or FW-190 has a hole on wing. Becuse planes strart hardly roll to damaged side. However planes can not fly fast. But most of red planes still can do sharp maneuver even they have hole(s) on their wings.

For example, you are flying a FW-190 or a Bf-109 and one-two 50 cals bullets hitting your right wing. You can see only one or two black dots (not hole) but they are effecting too much on turnings. And also you can not fly fast anymore. And of course if you have a hole on your German fighters wing it means you already dead. It is same flying a Zero or any unarmored Japan planes. Only one difference is German fighter pilot dying a few seconds later, thats all.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Approved Member

@rakinroll: I don't think that's an issue of German planes. I think it's some Russian ones that have a bit too generous DM.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

I do not want to discuss in this threat but i am exactly sure about what i wrote.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:16 PM
4S_Nero

Hi DT ))

I own a microsoft Sidewinder FFB2 joy. There will be the availability to set up custom feed back settings like i can do with ROF sim ?

THX 4S_Nero

Last edited by 4S_Nero; 08-30-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Default Has the patch been released yet

So has the patch been officially released yet and irf not when is the planned date?
Old 08-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakinroll View Post
Hello DT,
i just want to you fix German plane damage moddelling. Pilot has no chance when his Bf-109 or FW-190 has a hole on wing. Becuse planes strart hardly roll to damaged side. However planes can not fly fast. But most of red planes still can do sharp maneuver even they have hole(s) on their wings.

For example, you are flying a FW-190 or a Bf-109 and one-two 50 cals bullets hitting your right wing. You can see only one or two black dots (not hole) but they are effecting too much on turnings. And also you can not fly fast anymore. And of course if you have a hole on your German fighters wing it means you already dead. It is same flying a Zero or any unarmored Japan planes. Only one difference is German fighter pilot dying a few seconds later, thats all.

Thanks

Can of worms officially opened.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 08-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Global Moderator

It is interesting to read all the requests.

IMO, it would be good to get a final 4.09 with a final set of dlls, and the ability for IL2 to be playable with standard 4.09 online servers.
Closed Thread