Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Registered Member

I'm using the same build as you...still looking into the lua files
Any help would be appreciated my good sir
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Approved Member

Okay, another bug extravaganza!!!

- The Ice Minion and the Ice Ball are immune to magic, despite not having the "Magic Immunity" ability. They have 80% magic resistance, and you cannot target them directly with spells. However - bug #2...
- ...cast Ice Snakes next to them, and it will affect them. Ice Snakes is supposed to heal "Ice Creation" units, right? WRONG - it hurts them. Heck, it even makes Ice Minions bleed, despite, well, them not having any blood. Sigh...
- Justice spell is an instant desktop crash, no matter what I do. Not that it'd be an useful spell, but still...
- Further idiocies with Christa's Gift - I managed to make it work in one battle only - against Pirate Ghosts. They will run for the coins every time, but... the "Greed" icon does not appear on them. In contrast, Greed appears as an icon on some enemies, it seems to be totally random, and they never pick up the coins.
- Spells and Rage skills sometimes do Critical hits, even though I have not invested a single point in the Might skill that's supposed to raise Rage skill critical chance. I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen.
- Warrior Maidens have the ability Messenger of the Gods - supposedly gives allied Vikings +1 initiative, this doesn't happen. Maybe they meant 'Vikings' as in the Level 2 unit?
Old 03-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

I guess we need feedback from one of the devs as this is turning into a mess any luck with the lua files?i suspected arena.lua but no luck
Old 03-16-2013, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

I found out why Ice Snakes does not heal Ice Minions or Ice Spiders - this is not in the spell description, but according to spells.txt, only the middle cell receives Cold damage, the neighbouring cells receive Physical damage. Also, Winter Dance does Physical damage, too... oddly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessFell View Post
I guess we need feedback from one of the devs as this is turning into a mess any luck with the lua files?i suspected arena.lua but no luck
Oh trust me, this was worse last November. At least the game doesn't crash in every battle now... (I'm being sarcastic, of course). But then again, this is a common trend these days, releasing half-finished strategy games. Look at HOMM VI... I'm sorry to admit that my countrymen made that game, to their defense, Ubisoft pushed them for an early release and basically neutered their game ideas.

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 03-16-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:07 PM
Approved Member

A new bug, and thankfully, a revelation that one "bug" from my above list is not a bug at all...

- Oddly, the Jarl's talent Encouragement doesn't work on Ice Minions. They are Level 2, and the Magic Immunity should not be a problem since other Talents work on them fine...

-As stated above, I found out that Ice Snakes does Cold damage in the center, and Physical in the 6 hexes next to it. What I now realized is that yes, you can use it to heal Ice Dragons, Ice Minions, Ice Spiders and the Ice Ball - despite them being Magic Immune (save for Ice Spiders), but the spell will only let you target them if they are damaged already. See attached screenshot - the Ice Dragons will be healed for the damage they have suffered, but the Ice Minions standing next to them will be hurt because the splinters inflict Physical damage.
Sadly the spell doesn't resurrect Ice Creatures, only heals them, but hey, still there is a way to heal your Ice Dragons now, right?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...gonhealing.jpg
Old 03-16-2013, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

As much as i'm pissed by all the bugs i just love this game...note to devs:please fix it and give us more Kings bounty love in this and future titles
Old 03-16-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Default Devs?

They re not fixing it,i bet, last update was January...
Is it so hard to just make a bugfix patch? dont know if ill buy future KB games
Old 03-16-2013, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Why should they bother if the fans are doing it for free? See also Age of Wonders... they only made 2 patches, then abandoned it, fans made like, 5 patches since then.

It's a testament that a game is basically good if us gullible chaps are investing our hard-earned leasure time to fixing it. I'm admitting, I am just as guilty as many others of this. Maybe if we sat back and made a promise not to buy their next game unless they ensure there are no bugs... But frankly, I could probably not restrain myself from buying it...
Old 03-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered Member

The game is indeed bugged and sometimes infuriating, but its so damn fun that one may overlook its shortcomings over its good points
Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 PM
Registered Member

I found a Crash to Desktop bug; when asking the bird Rind (the scroll writing bird) if he is hungry and trying to feed him an Ent sprout it causes an instant CtD. I don't even know what feeding him does. I know that feeding him thorn seeds doesn't seem to do anything...