Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: When will the next beta patch be released?
thursday!!! 1 0.74%
this friday 18 13.24%
during next week 15 11.03%
during the week after the next week 12 8.82%
in three weeks 9 6.62%
after a month 12 8.82%
two months 2 1.47%
three months 5 3.68%
this year, hopefully.. 20 14.71%
in two weeks 42 30.88%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

As you have already understood, nothing came with the news.
Ilya is not in Moscow and I couldn't communicate with him yesterday. I can not publish anything without his permission. I apologize. Try to fix next week.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for trying B6.

Luthier might of posted something himself though, he must be too busy poor chap. i hope hes getting enough rest and eating ok.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Wow. That's a new one to me. Has there been any word about this somewhere or just speculation?
It was not outspoken, but i did take it from this post

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=25324

wer was said that they need money.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

And this:
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26936

2012 is the crunch year for RoF. Apart from the financial side, it looks like the constant sniping and complaints are damaging them.
Some people should take note of what Jason says in those posts, about a lot of things...

Last edited by JG52Uther; 01-21-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

@JG52Uther
Agreed.. So... for those that worship RoF and think it can do no wrong, you had better think again in terms of it's longevity... RoF is a wonderful game and I love it enough to have bought all the expansions, and I hope it continues long into the future, but... one thing is clear, the constant complaining and whining doesnt do anything but damage this fragile genre of gaming for everyone.

So please, I ask all of you to just try and behave like people that enjoy this genre and enjoy helping others to discover and enjoy this wonderful niche world of flight simulation. Otherwise we may lose investor and publisher support for any decent flight simulations in the future.

As my Grandmother used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!"

Last edited by FS~Phat; 01-21-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongodriver View Post
Simply....no, the scathing criticism must be countered here, the Nett result of all the whinging is actually going to damage the prospects for this game, I have also invested money here and want my dollar to come to fruition, the accusations of being a 'fanboi' are quite unfounded on me, you will have no luck dragging up a post where I blindly 'hi5' Luthier and claim nothing is wrong.

The 'core' issue here is the game didn't work particularily well on release, the devs even openly accepted that, they have subsequently laid out a roadmap as to what they are trying to achieve, they did try to make some updates but were met with hostility from the outset, so here we are living with the consequences......way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
And this:

2012 is the crunch year for RoF. Apart from the financial side, it looks like the constant sniping and complaints are damaging them.
Some people should take note of what Jason says in those posts, about a lot of things...
And that folks is what I've been on about all this time, not purely about anti-whingeing, just looking out for my investment and a game genre.

Intel Q9550 @3.3ghz(OC), Asus rampage extreme MOBO, Nvidia GTX470 1.2Gb Vram, 8Gb DDR3 Ram, Win 7 64bit ultimate edition
Old 01-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Good lord! How many languages does Jason know?

Amazing, as much improved as that sim is, that they're having problems. 1C should definitely pay attention!
I think the community is the one that needs to pay attention if you actually read the posts and understood the real situation. These guys (777 & 1C) put their heart and souls into this genre "as a labor of love" If you think its the developers at fault your not listening, they need your support not your constant criticisms.

Last edited by FS~Phat; 01-21-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
And this:

Thank you for the link, I missed it. Worth putting into our mods' sigs Hope 777 breaks through. I own almost all their aircraft however constant whining convinced me that I should not invest in bombers which I would never fly anyway. Thus, whiners reached their goals partially.

@mods & all
Let's make sure Luthier or his successor does not have to post the same 3 messages here in 2013. This is our responsibility to stop usual local saboteurs. ¡No pasarán!

Quote:
I will post the important stuff. Too many here who like to attack me personally in 2011. Get's old. I'll just focus on work. Nothing really will change with regards to the product.

Jason
Quote:
2012 will be the final test to see who really wants ROF to continue. The malcontents have done their damage over the past 2+ years and taken their toll on all involved. We are done trying to convince people how great ROF is and how free enterprise works. We'll let the market decide in 2012. If you really do love what we do, you will be given opportunities to support our continued work, hopefully it will be enough.

Jason
Quote:
What some users don't seem to grasp is that ROF development can stop at any time, forget after 2012, think next month. As I've said a million times, our future lies in your hands at this point and has for quite some time. Potential investors are not interested in flight-sims unfortunately.

Hey if it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be, that's how markets work. But I have always made it a point to inform our fans what's going on with the product so there are no surprises and mysteries as has happened with other sim products. This is how we have always been different, but that approash has it's limits and when a certain segment of the community would rather argue the shortcomings of ROF over it's virtues it's future growth potential is stunted.

If you like ROF support it and tell others to do the same.

Jason

Last edited by Ataros; 01-21-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
I think the community is the one that needs to pay attention if you actually read the posts and understood the real situation. These guys (777 & 1C) put their heart and souls into this genre "as a labor of love" If you think its the developers at fault your not listening, they need your support not your constant criticisms.
+1

And we, the positive part of community, have a responsibilty too.

Putting aside reasonable criticism and complaint, the doomsayers and trolls do not in themselves damage the game or its development. Its how the rest of us react to it that can amplify it, exaggerate it and seemingly add to the pile labelled 'doomed'.

Ignore the Trolls, give calm, evaluated/considered replies where you have something of value to say, don't reply if it won't help and let the rest of it float downriver.
And don't get personal.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 01-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
@JG52Uther
RoF is a wonderful game and I love it enough to have bought all the expansions, and I hope it continues long into the future, but... one thing is clear, the constant complaining and whining doesn't do anything but damage this fragile genre of gaming for everyone.
Bingo!

I have all but one of the RoF expansions.. and many of the upgrades for each plane..

But RoF is not the 1st sim, nor the last that I have supported with my $

Off the top of my head I can only think of a handful of sims that I have NOT bought over the past 20 years of flight simming

Why?

Because I realize that flight simming is the red headed step child of gaming

Any company that sets out to make a flight sim does so against the advice of the marketing departments!

Which means they do it because they themselves love flight sims

But love does not put food on the table

So I see my small $50 per game payout as my way of supporting flight sim community as a whole..

In the hopes that it will not die off and these sim makers are NOT forced to go make 'other' games

Long story short, flight sim games need our support good or bad. With that said, IMHO everyone should view a new flight sim not as an investment, but as a gambler views a roulette table. You lay your $50 dollars down and spin the wheel. Some times you win, some times you loose. And if you hesitate at any moment while plunking down your $50, that is your inner voice telling you that this flight sim HOBBY of yours is too expensive for you in the first place. That is to say if your budget is such that your livelihood depends on the success of a flight sim game.. You really need to look in the mirror and re-evaluate your priorities in life.

Last edited by ACE-OF-ACES; 01-21-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Closed Thread