Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
I already don't like it. Jeez, people were freaking about the 2sec arming feature and now you want to jam their guns?!
If you look at the first video, you will see that bomb fuses have changed. You can select low level, delay, and long delay fuses.

Also, I don't see why this can't be an option. This could fall under the general category of "reliability" to include engines, airframes, and weapons.

I for one, would vote for such features, even if it makes campaigns and missions more difficult.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

Lightbulb

What about a failing interrupter gear? In Il-2 now you'll never shoot your propellor off. What about making this an option for reliability or damage?

If you are insecure: use more bullets.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up oh yess, Gimme some gun jams :))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
Anything that improves realism is fine by me.

For people who don't like it, there should be a button to turn it off.
+1

Same here, gun jamming, especially caused by high g and frame stress, will considerably improve gunnery realism and overall difficulty, this by making firing windows less wide under very high gs, it would be a good addition to structural G limit that tend to be a greater problem for boom-and-zooming pilots (less sensitive for turn-and-burner as far as i experienced).
Old 12-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Default A new cowling for FW190A? new MiG3? P39 missing frame?

Any possibility to have a new 3D work for the Fw190A (cowling is to wide open)? I once saw a mod correcting this. Also the ETC501 rack is weird and could need refinements...

A new Mig3 model would be nice too, i saw a russian mod greatly improving it, would be nice if it could be implemented in, what do you think?

There is a missing metal frame in the P39 cockpit view, giving more visibility:

Thank you guys for reading this topic!
Old 12-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Approved Member

Does anyone know what variables AI planes are actually effected by FM wise?
We constantly see AI flying with perfect trim, no overheat ect but are their planes effected by the same environmental, structural & g force limitations.

The reason I ask this is I once tried to dive away from an AI LA7 in a 190D9. The LA7 followed me down, if this was online the LA7 would have torn its wings off, however it was offline so LA was in good condition even though I had the dora at 900kmh when diving away.

An idea would be to have the difficulty settings we apply to ourselves apply to the AI as well, but one would assume this would be a massive code re write.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Default pilot-copilot changes in coop missions.

Dont know if this was discussed before, sorry if it was: Would it be possible to the pilot of a bomber, to deliver control to other crew member? And then regain it when he wanted to, by pressing some key? Would it be very dificult to do it in the game-coding? And could we have access, in a recording, to the views of the cockpit of other players/AI, just instead of external views?

This are not requests... just questions of someone that is allready very gratefull with Team Daidalos work.

Thanks guys!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered Member

Default Autopilot

Hi all,

Don't know if this has already been discussed here too, but I would like to know if there will be any improvements on the autopilot system. It's kind of common that my plane breaks formation, do not follow the leader or the waypoints, or even puts nose down straight to the surface when on autopilot...

Thank you very much for keeping working on this great game!
Old 12-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelas View Post
Dont know if this was discussed before, sorry if it was: Would it be possible to the pilot of a bomber, to deliver control to other crew member? And then regain it when he wanted to, by pressing some key? Would it be very dificult to do it in the game-coding? And could we have access, in a recording, to the views of the cockpit of other players/AI, just instead of external views?
To make things more clear:

1st of your question is about human bomber crew in COOP, where pilot and gunners/bombadier can switch positions by will during flight?
2nd of your question is about just watching others (for teaching issue maybe)?

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 12-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tropical Storm View Post
Hi all,

Don't know if this has already been discussed here too, but I would like to know if there will be any improvements on the autopilot system. It's kind of common that my plane breaks formation, do not follow the leader or the waypoints, or even puts nose down straight to the surface when on autopilot...
So far no issues with autopilot has been recognised. It generally follows waypoints (note: it also flies back if you have missed one) and starts attacks on enemy planes.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 12-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolelas View Post

This are not requests... just questions of someone that is allready very gratefull with Team Daidalos work.

Thanks guys!
This was asked for years ago but was told netcode blah blah blah by Oleg and team, since then most of the "netcode blah blah impossible" remarks have been proven otherwise especially friendly outside views only and take off outside views etc etc which were asked for years ago also and are now in v4.11.

So it should/could be possible to hand the bombsite and ac controls over to a crew-member or at least let them have the bombsite controls and you pilot making adjustments on comms

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 12-16-2011 at 07:27 PM.
Closed Thread