Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

View Poll Results: Battle of France as add on?
Yes, will buy this. 55 58.51%
OK, if for free. 21 22.34%
No, looking forward to Eastern front. 18 19.15%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
....that would rebuild some trust and tighten the relationship between devs and community again.
they should give us some insight.
I think the same, but to be more precise if a developer has the lucky occasion to read that (lol ok that was funny but you never know..):
some insight is not a picture of BOM or something likea declaration of intent to continue to program that flight simulator in the future, some insight is something like

"so the old graphic engines was not able to be modified better cause of his not modular structure, we redid everything from scratch and with some test made with X configuration machine we are able to fly on london with Y airplanes, explosions in air and ground and Z AA guns on the terrain with a average framerate of W per second with a lower rate of U, everything is going well but we have minor issues with the integration of the old maps in the new graphic engine, cause we midified the working pipeline, but we have a plan how to do it"*

It is preferable to not exaggerate or lie about that infos, because this forum, as the world, is full of people that understand if what is said is real, unclear or false, moreover because the target people of simulators is relatively older than the other games.

*The Tamat Co&Co declare that this is totally coming from his imagination

Last edited by 6S.Tamat; 03-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force10 View Post
Wow Chivas. Not sure where you went to business school, but it might be time for refresher course. Your saying that having 70% of your customers annoyed and questioning the quality of your product doesn't matter? I would guess that BOM will have 75% less pre-orders than COD had. Not a good business strategy if you ask me. With the shameful release of COD the best thing to do is damage control. The way you do that is good customer relations. What do we get? Luthier thinks we should be grateful that he is supporting the sim 7 months after release. Huh? They need to remember, we rely on them for a fun hobby, they rely on us to get a paycheck. See the difference of importance there?

I bet the best thing they could do for "business" is shut these forums down as this is the what they have become, persistant drival that does nothing to further the genre or hobby.

Question; Do you forum more than fly as well?
ASUS Sabertooth MB--Intel 2600k@4.7--EVGA GTX580 3GB--Corasir 1200 watt psu--Corsair 16gb 1866--Corsair H70 cooler--Corsair 650d case--OCZ Vertex 3--Track IR5--CH Eclipse Yoke--CH Trottle Quadrant--CH MFP--CH Rudders-MSFF2
Old 03-16-2012, 06:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Oh no! It's the opinion police! Here you go officer: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...790#post398790
I'm not policing anything, I was just wondering where you saw it would be ready "any day". Now I see it was probably a translation issue. Carry on with your meltdown.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu View Post
This is the problem: if you have bad issues then tell us.. bad news are better than no news at all.
Let's be honest here. You know as well as I do that if the developers are the least bit open, there will be the same contingent of forumites who will ride them like an old horse. Frankly there was a topic posted last week by one of our members that I think put them over the edge. There's no respect from certain people, and it has caused every one to suffer.

I get that we're paying customers. I understand the frustration of not having something in working order. What I don't understand is how some could behave so poorly.... and then whine about it as if they have no bearing on why things are the way they are.

Some have complained about the updates regarding BoM as smoke and mirrors, when in reality it's proof that further development of the series is assured, AND that the product isn't abandoned. The developers aren't stupid. They know the lacks.

1C isn't without culpability, but we as forum members should look at our own behaviour too. If some of the folks here went on and on out side a resturant because of poor food, (like they do here) they'd be arrested for harrassment. Some have likened the release of this game to a $50,000 auto mobile. I invite you to try some of the shennanigans there as you do here.

We're all in the same boat waiting for this product to be what we all hoped it would be, but some folk's behaviour warrants the black out. No one is any more disappointed than the other forumite. Yet there are some who think they are doing good by being pretentious children. But then again, a child never does grasp the ramifications of their childish behaviour.

Regarding BoM? I'll wait to see whether improvements are executed before making a final decision. Making false threats of not purchasing because my feelings may be hurt because of the lack of updates is fool-hearty, IMO.

We're a small community. I've seen the same names from other forums for ten years. Others have changed names but can be recognisesd. 1C is small too. It's the relative size of both that permitts the intimacy and good communication we grew used to. I also think that's one of the reasons it's easy to take some of this personally. (Jusy my opinion.)

Last edited by Robert; 03-16-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBoris View Post
When was il2 "finished"? CoD may not be finished for another 10 years as well

Yeah...but when was IL-2 playable? Pretty much from the start. Don't care about finished as much as it being playable.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

steady weekly update are good for moral
can be posted in a locked sticky
comments will develop in new threads by users
devs no need to reply
important for devs to communicate progress weekly for
all who can't use this game and need information for
their sanity sake
Old 03-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBoris View Post
I bet the best thing they could do for "business" is shut these forums down as this is the what they have become, persistant drival that does nothing to further the genre or hobby.

Question; Do you forum more than fly as well?

LoL! That's the spirit! Although I don't think releasing garbage and then shutting down communication is good for our hobby but your the expert apparently.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Approved Member

this stuff is meant to be on the crystal ball thread, thats why they gave us that thread so people could get it out of there system.
Posting seperate threads just gets them deleted and infractions/bans handed out etc.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu View Post
IMO the damage is already done with all these B6's "chief says there's no update". Poor guy.

Me and many others will not buy the sim at release.
Manu I will send you a copy as gift ...
Old 03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

lol we've had a lot of translation issues over the year right david.