Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 04-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Approved Member

Ok, first of all, thanks to those who responded to the questions I posted.

Initially I wasn't keen to invest $49.99 (Australian Steam Price) to try this out based on the information I have read.
However I discovered that the UK Game site has CloD for 9.99 Quid. After conversion and my bank passing on the foreign exchange cost, this equated to approximately $17AU. So I bought it.

Here is the link to the GAME site, for those interested. http://www.game.co.uk/en/il-2-sturmo...f-dover-159279
They sent me an email with the serial key, it activated without any issues on my Steam account. All in all a great saving.

Running the game itself I can see what people are getting at, regarding the bugs and what not.
The game reminds me of how badly optimised ARMA2 was on release. Clod is not nearly as bad, however it feels somewhat similar in some areas.

It's highly playable on my rig, on some decent settings, but overall, I would usually be expecting slightly better performance than what I am getting. Bring on that update hey?

In conclusion, this game is by far one of the best I have played in the genre. In it's current state, it's very playable, and pretty much everything in this thread seems to correspond to the current state of the game. If certain issues are resolved in due course, I would happily recommend this game for the retail price. As it stands, for $17AU I'm happy with the risk I took.
If the developers are confident they can make this beauty perform better, I'm happy to wait and see how that pans out.

If you're still on the fence. Wait for the update.
Despite its flaws this is still an excellent game!

Regards,
Hippy.

Last edited by Hippy Druid; 04-04-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Hippy

Now Go to the ATAG on line server, get on Team Speak and really get your moneys work, We have a blast. We re changing and upgrading the server all the time.

Besides we really need Blenheim pilots
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Approved Member

You will not believe this guys!

Game arrived today!

Power Supply blew up, dramatically, last night whilst flying in FSX, and after just three weeks use. Will be contacting the retailer tomorrow for refund or replacement. FML.

Does anyone pay if it hurt my other components??? Surely the PSU manufacturer is liable?

Powercool 550w modular, stay away!
Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

Worth getting, just make sure you don't skimp on the pc you have or build, but if the fps kick up as much as we have been told, then you wont need a super fast pc to play it well.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Approved Member

Is it worth getting..Yes especially now after the patches have come out. IL-2 1946 and COD reminds me of another match up. Silent Hunter III and Silent Hunter V. IL-2 1946 and Silent Hunter III are both fantastic sims that have been patched and modded very successfully. Silent Hunter V and COD are improved in areas but lack greatly in others compared to the old standby so much that people are ignoring the new game. In my opinion Silent Hunter V blows. But as far as COD goes I can see that it will improve and keep on getting better because of the people behind it. So buy COD and if you're a Silent Hunter III fan skip Silent Hunter V

Last edited by Richie; 04-06-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

COD is currently beautifull. Hoping (and sure) that it will become awesome!

Last edited by RazzyMan; 04-06-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

I agree. Don't get what I said the wrong way. In my opinion it will keep improving. The difference is it is so much more complexed than IL-2 1946 it takes much longer to add any thing to it so I think it will just take time that's all.

Last edited by Richie; 04-07-2012 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation

only if you get it on sale and plan on getting a super computer,,

IMHO
EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 Video Graphics ard
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
Cooler Master HAF 922
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W
46" Samsung LCD HDTV
Win8 x64