Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 04-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered Member

I a same but dont botter whit this game, is so screwed that you regret having spend any money on it.

You lost more time fighting agains the game itself than the AI.

Broken paths.

Enemy who knows perfectly where you are and whit more accuracy than you.

A very unrealistic RTS based in time spended in actions. You need X seconds to aim, who is not bad, but when you need 6 seconds to shoot and the enemy not... and when you missed and have to wait another 5 seconds (who dont are in real time, they seen to be like 15 to me)...

A damage system very stupid. You get hit and get shocked, whitout posibility to do nothing (even whit a damage of one hitpoint) but the AI dont seen to be affected whit this. So you were in the middle of a firefight whit a scrach and doing nothing at all except get killed.

If you get hit in one arm you lose your weapon for the rest of the combat, you cant take it back or take another one, only what you have in your inventory.

Knowing that this game is in the market more than a year in other languages than english i dont expect to have a patch to fix this now (if not fixed a year a go why fix it now?).

So keep away from this game until you all know for sure is fixed good and properly.

Greetings

Last edited by Seg; 04-11-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-11-2009, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Seg,
The game has several shortcomings and some bugs, but the fighting system you are trying to describe, Smart-Pause-Mode, is by far the best that has ever been made for a tactical game. It is realistic, violent and allows for a lot of tactical decisions. It is not RTS.

However, it does take some time to get used to and handle properly. You have obviously not reached that yet. Give it some more time, adjust some of the pause settings, and you will have a fantastic fight experience. Make sure you have cover, change positions, use short bursts to suppress your enemy and do not get hit!

Pretty realistic, I'd say...
Old 04-13-2009, 02:20 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrabas View Post
However, it does take some time to get used to and handle properly. You have obviously not reached that yet.
This kind of a condescending attitude is what leads to games like these never finding an audience. I've seen quite a few where both the devs and a handful of dedicated fans share the same "heh you're just not good enough for our awesome game" attitude, which a few months later would inevitably change to "why are all there tumbleweeds here instead of fans and why did our game sell four and a half copies".

The underlying core of the tactical element in this game is good. You may even be right about it being the best concept in a tactical game. However what's built around it is nowhere near best. As a matter of fact, the devs seemed to work overtime to pad the tactical core with as much filler as possible. One thing they completely lost track of while building a thousand types of ammunition boxes is how to make this game fun. Or how to design a coherent functional user interface. For a tactical combat game there's precious little tactical combat, and ten times as much walking around empty towns and struggling with the horrible camera while looking for the next quest, which most likely will be a boring fetch quest with no combat involved.

And once you do get into the tactical combat, the difficulty is masochistic bordering on insane. The only way to ever go through a battle is to save literally every 2 seconds of game time, and reload every other time.

You can't be good at that kind of thing. You can just have the mindset for it. Mindset that perhaps shares something with the Asperger's syndrome. You have to be willing to suffer through hours of mindless non-combat gameplay, and once you get to the good part, have the inhuman patience to micro-manage everything and obsessively save and reload time and again ad infinitum. In short, the game pigeonholes itself into such a tiny niche that makes it impossible for 99.9% of people out there to enjoy it. It's not that we're not good enough. We are. We just don't see the point.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:06 AM
Registered Member

Thank you very much Flyboy_Will, you have writen my exact toughs about this mess of a game i cant express in my poor english.

You can say it more loud but not more clear.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

When I play I spend about 70% of my time in combat and the rest for training my merc and travelling. Learning the short-cut keys are essential and using the "Speed Up Time" when running across a map is very useful. So is holding down "shift" when scrolling the map. The "raise weapon" reduces your aiming time a lot. I only spend 6 sec when I use a sniper scope, and then only with the first shot. The second shot costs around 3 secs. But you only use scopes on targets that are far away. When dealing with enemies close by, use pistols or SMG's. When using an AR or Rifle at enemies close by, use "Hip Shot" or "Quick Aim". If you are expecting an enemy to come around a corner, use "Aim at Point". When the enemy appears you only have to spend 0.05 sec to fire off that first shot.

If you find the game to difficult and constantly getting hit, try different tactics, like "Fire and manoeuver" or set up a "Cross Fire" ambush. The faster you run, the harder it is for the enemy to hit you. Run for cover and "Prairie Dog" them to death.

There are a lot of these kind of tricks that makes this game easier, the more you play, the more you learn about them. As Barrabas said, it takes some time getting used to and to learn the quirks, but when you do it's soooo worth it. I've been playing this game for more than a year and I still play Brigade E5 from time to time. The re-playability of these games are great, the tactics you'll employ will evovle as your enemies gets better weapons, and so do you. This is a squad based tactical game, it's about testing and using your tactics in battle. It is not about delivering parsels to mayors

Some of the recent comment are from people that hasn't played the game through and might be of the "instant gratification" types. If you are one of those, don't buy it. But if you are like me and many others who love the game and genre, you know, "harder challenges = greater reward" types, this game is worth a try. I'm glad that there are developers out there with the cojones to make these kind of niche games, otherwise I'd be forced to play the mindless crap that 99.9% of the gamers would buy, but stop playing as soon as a "new" one appears.

Despite the bugs its a great game.

EDIT: I forgot to say that there are some very talented russian guys working on a mod that adds a lot to the game. The community is very much alive and will be for a long time.

Last edited by R@S; 04-13-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
I forgot to say that there are some very talented russian guys working on a mod that adds a lot to the game. The community is very much alive and will be for a long time.
Mind leaving a link?
Thanks.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

If you like this kind of games, give "Hired Guns" a chance. After a few patches its now more near to the "JA" series than the "brigade" games. It´s a pitty though ....
Old 04-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

Argh what an awesome game but I'm litterally ripping my hair out with the bugs.

Steep learning curve was fine, good game play, obviously spent 1000's of hours on this game but holy F*** its ANNOYING AS HELL when you finially finish clearing out a town and you click "leave" after waiting with the game on fastforward and the entire thing CTD's. RAWR.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs down

I was realllllly looking forward for the English version of 7.62 in hopes of seeing some improvement over the sadistically buggy original game... it did not happen unfortunately. I guess Russian game developers have no respect for their customers whatsoever, no matter the language they speak, nor the country their games are being released in. I have to say that I've seen a lot of beta versions of various games that work more stable than the retail version of 7.62. -_-
Old 04-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Can anyone help me with the mission 'The Convoy? I am not allowed more than 75% casualties and I have been playing this mission for the last 3 days.

Each time I get near the end and the suicidal friendly guys always run into my fire or the enemies.

I have two mercs with pretty good weapons (modded AKM with fast shooting scope, and my other merc has a SR25 sniper without the scope for the far off enemies.

There are around 40-50 enemies to kill, I can do it but not saving 25% of the friendlies as they are stupid.

Has anyone managed to get past this level AND have no more than 75% friendlies die?

Thanks in advance...loving the game btw its awesome, but this level is killing me....