Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

Just one question, you use this patch without -mod=lowtex ?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

Testing on XP: FPS increase, no doubt. I get at least 10 FPS more on the same settings as before the patch.
BUT! Going lower than 100 feet the framerate will go from ~30 to 8 in an instant!
Will test on Win.7 and see what's going on there...

Also, since this new version the view jumps to random angles around the cockpit and F2 mode. Again, will test on 7 also.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

RS link is dead
Old 04-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered Member

Hi Luthier,
Here are some initial results for you:
My System:
CPU:Intel i7 CPU 920@2.67GHz (Quad core)
System RAM: 12GB
Display Adapter: Nvidia Geforce GTX 285 (2GB GDDR3 memory)

VIDEO OPTIONS:
Resolution: 1920x1080, 60Hz
Model, Buildings, Land, Visual Effects and Damage Decals - HIGH
Forest – LOW
Texture Quality – ORIGINAL
Buildings Amount – UNLIMITED
Land Shading – MEDIUM
Grass, Shadows and Roads - ENABLED
Antialising – OFF
Anti-Epilepsy Filter and SSAO – Unchecked.

First impressions: frame rates much improved; stutter/micro stutters, on the whole, hardly noticeable.
With the settings above, flying low level over London in a Spit, at around 240kts, average frame rates were 10-12.
Flying out into the suburbs, again at around 240kts at about 500ft, average fps was 12-15.
Flying further out to the ‘leafy’ outskirts of London, average fps was 20.
These frame rates may seem low, but due to the absence of stuttering, you experience smooth frame rates and you get a tremendous sense of speed and ground rush at low level. In fact, you don’t notice that the fps is low. It’s better to have smooth low-to-medium frame rates than high stuttering ones.
Observations since installing beta patch: program crashed on one occasion when switching views between land objects at an airfield.
Trim wheel in Spitfire doesn’t move in the cockpit, but the trim of the aircraft is still affected nonetheless.
Hope this of help.
Cheers and well done!
Baron
Old 04-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Huge improvement!!!Getting steady 45fps over water and few less over land.Some minor stutters at the beginning of the mission but they are gone in 2 or 3 seconds.All settings to max except forest and buildings to low,4xaa and ssao disabled at 1920x1200.As they guy above, flying really low im getting something like 20fps,but still feels ok because there are no stuttering.Once you climb up the fps go higher.Thanks a lot to the team for improving the performance in such way, you are doing a fine job,another patch or two and i think this sim will shine as it should.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

I've got a HUGE improvement in FPS!!

The game now runs smoothly with almost everything set on one higher setting AND going to native screen resolution - and still having about 5 FPS more than before!! This sim looks absolutely breathtaking, no game I have seen before (and especially no sim) looks as real as this one!

Here are my specs:
4gb Ram
ATI HD5650 (yes, a laptop!)
i540m @ 2,53 ghz

-THANK YOU!!- to Luthier, Oleg and team, I really, really have the deapest respect of you guys!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Default Minor graphical glitch

Love the new storage tank effects very nice and much better on the FPS front as well.

Just thought I'd post these shot so you could see the minor glitch with the fire when veiwed at a certain angle/distance.

Looking good

Huh?

ooer!

Settings used

Not a biggy for me just so you know...
Old 04-15-2011, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

I get nice FPS boost specially over London 20-25 FPS.Stutters are still there but only noticeable over London
Problem I've got is that some places there are no buildings and landscape looks odd.btw buildings are still popping up right in front of me and they look like see containers no matter what settings I use

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 04-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Building popping gone from London sightseeing. Fps still a little low and can't seem to boost it much. Quad cores being used and not maxed. GPU not maxed and 2GB VRAM, little difference with lower textures. I guess my CPU horsepower is very much on the low side by today's standards, so fair enough.

Still more than flyable, and was getting flyable fps with bomber intercept.

Then I grouped my displays for EyeInfinity and flew around Dover at 3600x1024 (ish, can't remember top number) at 36 fps average and it was simply amazing. No stutter. Smooth flying. Awesome immersion.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
You mean the patch has basically ruined your game?
Yes, I have reverted back to the official non beta version.

This patch left me unable to change video details, and gave me a massive FPS hit. I tried deleting the conf.ini to ge the game to reset video settings but no joy.