Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
I don't understand what people have against online DRM? (expect for those unlucky enough to not be able to get online at all).
So you don´t? Do you know the differance between buying and leasing?
When you buy something, no one tells you when you may or may not use your bought artical, leased is then a differant cup of tea as it is not really yours.
But when I buy something and give good money for a product I wish to choose when I use something or not. As you as a customer can not go to a store, and say well I will give you the money for now but I might object to you using it later on.
Sorry I do not rent software I buy it.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:53 AM
Hecke

DRM kills the true customers, not the pirates.
Bad luck for Oleg if he decides to cooperate with a publisher who uses DRM.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Approved Member

That's why I'm in favour of online DRM (as long as it's not so strict that a blip in comms will interrupt your game mid session).

All this starforce crap that makes it so you can't even install / play a DVD you legitimately bought and then have to resort to getting a crack is not on. But that's as a result of the protection method being rubbish and should never have been used.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr71mb0 View Post
That's why I'm in favour of online DRM (as long as it's not so strict that a blip in comms will interrupt your game mid session).

All this starforce crap that makes it so you can't even install / play a DVD you legitimately bought and then have to resort to getting a crack is not on. But that's as a result of the protection method being rubbish and should never have been used.
Yes opening the doors for any geek to tinker with your computer while you are playing. Are you maybe a representative of the software industrie?
Then watch this, even though it is not DRM it shows what companies do if they can lock on to your computer. Sorry I do not like being a glass clear costumer, opening myself for any kind of comercial bombardment.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutz View Post
Sorry I do not rent software I buy it.
You'll NEVER buy software. You'll just pay for the right to use it. See the difference.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'bar View Post
You'll NEVER buy software. You'll just pay for the right to use it. See the difference.
Yes same goes for music CDs too but there no one forces you to be online or to register before being allowed to listen to your CD that too is a big differance!
Old 01-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

All online drm does is screw the legitimate customer.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Approved Member

Well those who are so pro DRM seem to know little to nothing about data mining and simular stuff, I guess they just wonder why they get so much spam.
Some must really love virtual striptease for the sake of commercial interests
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

man you must be really suggestible to be so frightened of a little advertising. I don't even see spam these days.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

and btw I'm not really pro DRM, but developers do have a right to try and protect the stuff they have invested time and money on.

most of these tiny companies are knife edge as it is.