Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMF View Post
Wonderful clips. I really like what was shown. The Tiger Moth in the early morning haze was really showing off the lighting well. The wing outside the Spit's cockpit looked beautifully textured and detailed.

Observations:
1:10/1:11 - Splash in the sea. One would have expected an expanding ring (texture) that would have disolved in 3-4 seconds.
2:43/2:44 - A halo around the aircraft, when smoke envelopes the plane
3:17 - Cockpit in the mirror has some flashing happening. Shadow or canopy.

If that's all I can "complain" about, it's great and beautiful. Ready for 'Gold', as it would not stop anyone buying it.
I agree about the splash; it looked fake. But I'd imagine this is very WIP. It'd make sense, as most of the effects still look as though they are being heavily finetuned. I'd imagine this will be an ongoing process right until, and after, release.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

I imagine what we are seeing here is already out of date!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
I agree about the splash; it looked fake.
Can we expect sth more from from it than circular textured waves?
I'm wondering if it's possible to get shaped waves instead.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I agree about the splash; it looked fake. But I'd imagine this is very WIP. It'd make sense, as most of the effects still look as though they are being heavily finetuned. I'd imagine this will be an ongoing process right until, and after, release.
Yeah.

Rewatching the clip, I also noticed at 2:35 that the impacts are behind the Blen. Or is something else going on? Hmmm...

Last edited by JAMF; 11-12-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I noticed it, but you have certainly touched on something here I hadn't thought of this myself. Excellent suggestion I must say. The only thing to consider is how this smog looks. Is it just like a fog? or is it heavier and blends with the clouds?
If you look at the far horizon behind the 109 looking seaward, there's a band of 'atmospheric distortion cum mist' that looks a murky yellow colour. Coupled with the seamist effect, you'd get the 'dirty yellow, curry coloured, smoggy smoke' that Wellum speaks of.
Unfortunately, I'm also old enough to remember smog for myself.
I've no idea if that's technically possible of course!
Or if it's possible to have it 'hanging' over the city and petering out, but here's hoping.
I could happily live without it though.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 11-12-2010 at 06:44 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculum jockey View Post
Everything looks fantastic. . . but I was wondering about the flames.

When looking at the flames with the aircraft in front of in them, there is a bright white outline of the plane structure. Is this from lower settings being used or something that still has to be ironed out. To me it looks like someone photoshopping the aircraft in front of the flames without blending it properly, or is it the reflection from the flames on the edge of the aircraft surfaces?

Everything else looks amazing, just wondering about that one issue.
I've noticed it too. A glowing contour detaching the plane from the smoke ... ugly. I'm sure it's WIP.

Cheers,
Ins
Old 11-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
I've noticed it too. A glowing contour detaching the plane from the smoke ... ugly. I'm sure it's WIP.
Bug?
Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
If you look at the far horizon behind the 109 looking seaward, there's a band of 'atmospheric distortion cum mist' that looks a murky yellow colour. Coupled with the seamist effect, you'd get the 'dirty yellow, curry coloured, smoggy smoke' that Wellum speaks of.

I've no idea if that's technically possible of course!
Or if it's possible to have it 'hanging' over the city and petering out, but here's hoping.
I could happily live without it though.
+1
Old 11-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMF View Post
Yeah.

Rewatching the clip, I also noticed at 2:35 that the impacts are behind the Blen. Or is something else going on? Hmmm...
Some aircraft cannon shells have a self destruct fuse. I remember I read somwhere a distance of 1100 meters/3 seconds mentioned as self distruct distance for 20mm Mg151 shells. I could be wrong about the distance and of course the MG-FF may have a different fuse.
That's what you see in the clip. The 109 was around that range and his shells exploded just under the Blem, but stil do nice damage.

Last edited by Jaws2002; 11-12-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

Hey Luthier, can you tell me what the specs of the machine that rendered the Igromir video were?

Thx