Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for a quick reply but I cannot figure out how this guy come from chinese can add more reserve slots

I want to balance the higher level and lower level creature in my mod because ppl keep using higher level without consider lower level monster. I decided to make a drawback when buying higher level monster by raising the price of them up to 3 times. So that, the player has to consider carefully before decide to buy a level 5 unit What do you guys think about it? Any suggestion is appreciated
Old 08-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunblaze View Post
OK.....

So I tried your mod and so far it looks fine, but I constantly get pop-up windows where some sort of recource is requested. Seems like missing files or missing links. I did a complete reinstall and installed everything new but no change.

Also many descriptions seems missing and only show the link of the variable and not the text itself. Examples of that are King Frederick's last comment at the beginning or various skill-descriptions.

Anything I maybe missed to install?

Anyone an idea why I continue to get wierd text during game and bug-messages for missing content?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernal1800 View Post
I want to balance the higher level and lower level creature in my mod because ppl keep using higher level without consider lower level monster. I decided to make a drawback when buying higher level monster by raising the price of them up to 3 times. So that, the player has to consider carefully before decide to buy a level 5 unit What do you guys think about it? Any suggestion is appreciated
There are several drawbacks to using low level units:
-Many abilities do not affect level 5 units, but do affect the others. Sheep, Hypnotize, taunting, fear (it has no real impact on L5 units), and so on.
-All stacks lose combat power as they take losses. Lower level units have fewer hit points, so such losses tend to be magnified. In addition, healing a level 5 unit is much cheaper than resurrecting lower level units.
-Replacing units after battle can be a royal pain. At the very least, you waste time going back for more. At worst, you run out of a particular unit and have to resort to expedients such as Sacrifice.

Simply changing the gold cost won't balance these drawbacks. The second point can be addressed by lowering the mana cost of the Resurrection spell, or granting units more powerful resurrection abilities. The last point can be addressed by an ability like the Paladin Resurrection skill.

I don't see any simple fix to the first problem, which is sometimes the most troublesome. As those abilities make units more interesting, I wouldn't favor making mass Magic Shackles cheap or some similar change that nerfs such abilities.

I've tried to go through a game with lower level units, but at some point, I always end up in a fight where the troops simply are too vulnerable to enemy abilities and/or spells. Perhaps I could get through such fights, but I'm not inclined to reload over and over while trying. I'd love to see you come up with a fix for this, I'm just not sure what it it.

Last edited by Sir Whiskers; 08-02-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Whiskers View Post
There are several drawbacks to using low level units:
-Many abilities do not affect level 5 units, but do affect the others. Sheep, Hypnotize, taunting, fear (it has no real impact on L5 units), and so on.
-All stacks lose combat power as they take losses. Lower level units have fewer hit points, so such losses tend to be magnified. In addition, healing a level 5 unit is much cheaper than resurrecting lower level units.
-Replacing units after battle can be a royal pain. At the very least, you waste time going back for more. At worst, you run out of a particular unit and have to resort to expedients such as Sacrifice.

Simply changing the gold cost won't balance these drawbacks. The second point can be addressed by lowering the mana cost of the Resurrection spell, or granting units more powerful resurrection abilities. The last point can be addressed by an ability like the Paladin Resurrection skill.

I don't see any simple fix to the first problem, which is sometimes the most troublesome. As those abilities make units more interesting, I wouldn't favor making mass Magic Shackles cheap or some similar change that nerfs such abilities.

I've tried to go through a game with lower level units, but at some point, I always end up in a fight where the troops simply are too vulnerable to enemy abilities and/or spells. Perhaps I could get through such fights, but I'm not inclined to reload over and over while trying. I'd love to see you come up with a fix for this, I'm just not sure what it it.
Yes, you're right. I have thought about the replacing unit after battle and I think extra reserve slots are the most effective way to fix this issue. Also we can stock all the shop with various of lower unit so we dont have to travel that far Maybe I will provide lower unit some talents like summoning,attack spell or more skills. How do you think?
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

I wouldnt call relationship low/high lvl units so unbalanced as you ppl say it is.
Early game you can lead only couple of 5th lvl units because leadership requirements, and low lvl are your basic power. Later whit more leadership 5th lvls take over that role but still there is no way to compare dmg output of 1-2 lvls with 5th. It all depends of what you want of your army : survivability, tanking while kil enemy with spells, or other . . .
Low lvl units are not suposed to be used with mage, their strenght is in numbers(leadership) and +1dmg items, hight lvl are best for mage due to double cast and high % phantom spell (virtualy doubling army).
I managed 480000 crit with lake fairies and gorgunas once, that is simply not possible with any high lvl unit no matter what buff/debuf you use (girl power build and item set-initiative 13, speed 7, dmg 4-6 on 1st lvl unit).
All i want to say no need to rebalance low/high lvl units, because they all have their roles throughout game, it`s only question what you as player and their commander want of them. No1 can play shrek build and 100% crit archer at same time, just make your mind and lead army, if you want to change 5 reserve slots will be of great help, but keeping 2 diferent army build is simply bad commander
Old 08-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatt_Shade View Post
I agree elf and dwarf races are inferior to human undead, and so much harder to keep alive for no loss, (elf have only faun to resurrect and only plants-thx so much developers wtf am i suposed to do about my archers,unicorns and hordes of fairies in my army, dwarfs are even worse only droids can be kept alive).
Races in game arent balanced, but game have so much potential and with some good ideas, and spare time it all can be moded to interesting situations (my problem is stupid buged editor that crashes every time i try to eidt some item in it, so i ask other ppl to do it for me
As for more reserve slots, check this tread pcbun add it in his mode, so either PM him, or check his mod files and try to figure it out
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=14741 Good luck
It's true that elves and dwarves are a bit weaker but elves can get some nice morale boosts with Fairies, Dryads, Druids, Ents and Unicorns. Ancient Ents have 1400 hp, so you shouldn't need to resurrect them often if you use some protection spell like stoneskin/glot's armor. If you combine Dryads with Royal Thorns and Crown of Blackthorn you will do sick damage with your thorns. On top of that it doesn't matter if the thorns will die. Imagine having lvl 5 Trigger with those. CoB is just too OP so I stopped using it because it was boring. When it comes to resurrection, I think druids should be able to resurrect at least elven units, because they are probably the weakest unit in the game compared to their LS cost. There is no really good all-elven combo but they aren't bad when combined with other troops, like pallys or inquisitors.

Dwarves actually have a good set. It's Set of the young techno-alchemist which boosts your Engineers, Alchemists and Droids. The idea is to let the droids take the damage while your Engineers and Alchemists do the damage. Throw in a Giant for some extra toughness. I haven't tried it myself but it doesn't sound that bad?

Demons can resurrect with eviln? I tried it with my Demoness and they took damage from it. The only ways I found out to resurrect them was with Demonologists or Runemages.

Last edited by DeepSoul; 08-03-2011 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Approved Member

Ok all elven build is great for high moral (with princess set faries have +5 morale, wtf am i suposed to do with it, 3 is more then enough), but that`s it. No elven unit have mass attack, like giants, dragons, necromancers etc. That`s why i said elves are great in huge numbers and with warrior hero, and some +1(poison, fire) dmg item would be nice to have. As for druid resurection, it sound normal to at least ressurect animals: bears, unicorns and such. It stay`s that full elf army is weak considering full human/undead/orc or even dwarf, not to mention all dragon army.
Dwarfes do have nice setup, but their morale is problem, add any other human/neutral unit and no bonus, droids by default have neutral moral all time. They have some interesting builds but all droid is boring, add mechanics,alchemist and giants it`s more interesting but still low dmg output comparing to other races canonner is joke of unit for all ecsept towers, miner/foreman are useless without eachother and even if you have both of those units in army they die easy and no resurrection for them after Dwarf fighter is also useless. Set of young alchemist is nice but hard to complet and your plan to dmg with alchemist/mechanic wont work great because their low speed, in new red sands mod there is new dwarf set Mountain king that is great but also hard to find complet
Demon can resurrect with evlin ??? Who said that i love dmeons/executioners for their retaliations and dmeon rage, it`s just funny to teleport/infernal excange them in enemy army and just watch carnage . Bad thing is only couple of buff spells available to them No divine shield, bless, hell breath etc, and resurrection as way to keep them alive is so weak, rune mages are better choice even demonologist are bad because you need alive no magic imune enemy to cast. Demon set is also great, but even with it 360 leadership for executioner is to much. Just comparing 98 LS black knight on whom you cast hell breath, and 288 LS executioner with almost no available buff spells blackie win every time Just not fair.
Old 08-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

Demonologists are great if you get them early. Their demons are expendable and they will take great numbers with them in death. But late game they probably won't be that great. If you have real demon stacks, you would have to be careful with them, since ressing them is hard as already mentioned. I like getting no losses because of the LS bonus and that is needed in harder difficulties. On normal you can probably beat the game with a couple of thorns and no trap bonus at all. There are quite few enemies with magic immunity/resistance in the game. Only dragons, mages and gryphons and you don't fight those very often. There should be a unit vulnerable to magic in any army, if you don't attack a dragon's den.

Runemages are not that great imo. Their revive is weaker than inquisitors and their beam is also quite weak unless you have a lot of unused runes. I would prefer to use all my runes however. Their phantom skill is quite useful though.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:33 AM
Approved Member

Look how this thread turned into a discussion about units when it should be about adventure mod. I have encountered a bug in this mod. I can't go up to the second level in Wizard's Tower. Am I the only one who has this problem?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSoul View Post
Look how this thread turned into a discussion about units when it should be about adventure mod. I have encountered a bug in this mod. I can't go up to the second level in Wizard's Tower. Am I the only one who has this problem?
Come on, Adventure mod is going to close as Bladeking somewhat doesnt care about his topic

I totally agree that Elf too weak compare to other race. It is no way using those monster, even Ancient Ent. Despite of 1400 health, he still vulnerable to fire and TOO SLOW. I have beefed up the strength of Elf race in my mod now and they have another level 5 unit which can deal poison damage. Druid now has resurection spell which only affect his race and all other Elf unit have new skills and talent Dwarf is also stronger too, does anyone has any ideas to help demon race. I think they're suffering in our game and we gonna help them

To deep_soul: I think your problem is the portal lead to the second floor. If you can use the Editor, tell me and I will go into detail how to fix this issue