Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 12-03-2011, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivas View Post
The F4 and 190 will appear in new theaters, but there is nothing to stop people from making missions with the F4's and 190's on the BOB map when you've done a merged install. The plan for all new theaters will be merged or standalone installs.
You don't know how much I fear we'll have the bomber version AGAIN ... the one who performs worser than a damaged 190 with a Stuka propeller.

A whole generation of pilots learned to treasure the Spitfire for its delightful response to aerobatic manoeuvres and its handiness as a dogfighter. Iit is odd that they had continued to esteem these qualities over those of other fighters in spite of the fact that they were of only secondary importance tactically.Thus it is doubly ironic that the Spitfire’s reputation would habitually be established by reference to archaic, non-tactical criteria.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6S.Manu View Post
You don't know how much I fear we'll have the bomber version AGAIN ... the one who performs worser than a damaged 190 with a Stuka propeller.
please please please, a 190 with historical acceleration, and not that of a pregnant wilderbeast.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

the old plan was IIRC to release scenario related planesets.
If 1C is still following this plan, its a good decission IMO !

So no Würger for the Battle of Britain !!
And not for Battle of Moskau too btw. I consider it a Winter 1941/42 scenario.

that a lot of people here in this forum would have liked a 1942 Channel scenario AdOn like Dieppe or something MTO , well, and it will be now easterfront again so fast - may have to do that it is a russian developer

you remember the good old I-16 tanks with their green lasers we will meet them soon again
Old 12-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Approved Member

I'm glad they are in good enough shape to continue with BoM expansion - I hope they make a packet. Further expansion of BoB would have been nice but this might come later. Remember that after Moscow there will be other expansions.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

i would guess that depends on the succes of this BoM AdOn.......
Old 12-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

As far as battles like Dieppe, they can be done by third parties. I don't see the need for the developer to cover or concentrate resources on small short campaigns.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 12-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

its actually not about the campaigns....the official ones were never a strong part of this developer. its more about to give a planeset a timeframe.
and a channel 42 one would be interesting. BUT, its sensless in the moment to discuss this. the more or less near future is the Battle of Moskau.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
Good news! Source? Sukhoi?

I looked in pages 6-8

http://www.sukhoi.ru/forum/showthrea...t=73239&page=9

I am following the thread above and using google translate and just picking out black6's answers

-----

update; more on monday (woot!)

BlackSix ->

Re: Communicating and working with the community in the "IL-2 BzB"
People, I will answer questions on Monday. Over the weekend, very busy always, will appear occasionally on the forum.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
No Foobar i dont, FM, DM, clouds, dynamic weather, any weather!, sound,radio coms, memory leaks, Exe crashes, Track record feature, ground handling, map features, FSAA, Full screen, FMB docs, QMB, AI, single player campaign all need quite a bit of work.

Its about 60% done to me so far.
i'd call it 30% done (of what they need to fix, and they still need to add elements not included at the last moment because of the release debacle)

the ones you forgot in your list are,
- ground AI traffic at airfields and on roads. this was going to be a big part of the new BoB series to bring the virtual world alive ( and there is no sign of any of this so far)
- dynamic campaign which can run 24/7 on a server (with AI activity on both sides) over several weeks/months (in the style of falcon 4, confirmed by oleg to be included albeit in a "limited effect by individual player actions on battle outcome "
- dynamic weather
- complex AI ground battles with moving front lines (for coop and other online servers)
- some player control over artillery and flak guns (ideally this would be control over a flak battery for ex, but oleg iirc only ever spoke specifically about manning individual guns), and some control over ground vehicles and ships

another point, but i havnt seen to many people complain about this in the last months. right now CoD scenery simply doesnt look/feel like you are flying over england. in CoD you have mainly medium/large trees lining roads, and some token trees randomly placed as parts of boundaries between fields. the south of england should really mainly show large hedges lining the smaller country roads roads (and separating fields, with some trees and shrubbery added), and then area's of woodland separately.

i still have high hopes luthier and Co will deal with most of these major flaws soonish, and that the staff working on battle for Moscow are just surplus designers not needed on the "plu the sinking boat" project.
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children

Last edited by zapatista; 12-04-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
I'm glad they are in good enough shape to continue with BoM expansion - I hope they make a packet. Further expansion of BoB would have been nice but this might come later. Remember that after Moscow there will be other expansions.
good point !

and they have taken new staff on recently (including programmers), so it cant be all bad financially for them. lets just hope some of the main problems and omitted material gets dealt with soon.
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children