Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend

King's Bounty: The Legend Real-time RPG with turn-based battles. Move through the fantasy world of fearless knights, evil mages and beautiful princesses.

Old 08-08-2009, 04:28 AM
Approved Member

Thanks, and to correct my previous post it's been more a lot of sweat than a lot of sweet!

I made the Anga Ruby quest by using fast travel. When you lost a standard battle you take secret passages that lead you to Darion King castle instantly.

The problem is you don't carry your army with you and have to rebuild a full army. Quote that you could let all troop in castle and then use this special travel at next enemy met without to lost a single troop.

In this game I used this at end of Elven Islands. I did last battle (Karador) in time, let troop in both elven castles and fast travel to Darion. I had let close to Elven Queen Castle an enemy troop alive not far. After I took the boat to Freedom Islands, rush to ghost ship, end the quest and took the reward and asap did again fast travel to come back to Darion then I rebuild my army and continue.

I did this only at end of Elven Islands because I hadn't prepare full army rebuild at end of Freedom Islands. But that could be done at end of Freedom Islands too.

That's quite more complicate to do it in 6 days. But I think it's possible so I'm on it with a game restart from the beginning to prepare this well.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

Well, Vilk, that was indeed innovative

It would appear that losing a battle has its advantages and can be exploited for a better score. There are several good points where you can strategically lose a battle and save yourself the time to get back to darion for various reasons (troop restock, etc) - like freedom islands and elven islands, especially if you have time to spare and the day hadn't rolled yet. Great find Vilk, hands down.

Still, you should try ending the game without anga's I think that should shave off a day and improve the score - since you still need to travel, unless you do it in the beginning of day 7 after you beat up haas and just before talking to king mark - in that case using this trick will just net you a bonus quest and improve the scoreline.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
Still, you should try ending the game without anga's I think that should shave off a day and improve the score - since you still need to travel, unless you do it in the beginning of day 7 after you beat up haas and just before talking to king mark - in that case using this trick will just net you a bonus quest and improve the scoreline.
It cost much less time to use fast travel to achieve Anga Ring quest than to win a full day. Achieving Anga Ring quest don't win a day but only don't loose a day to do it, only few hours, about 2/3h.

Last edited by Vilk; 08-08-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Approved Member

Well, after about nine months off from playing KB, I finally finished my fifth overall game, Impossible Paladin. I've now beaten all three classes on Impossible, and I believe Paladin was the hardest.

Score: 1485
Day of Completion: 23
Completed Quests: 103 (no failed or unfinished
Stats: Attack 19 Defense 7 Intellect 32
Money left: 240,000

This was my best score, as 23 days was my best time. I'm still nowhere near the 7 days people like Calinda and Vilk have achieved, but then speed isn't really my priority. I like to run through each new area to pick up runes/flags etc before fighting enemies, and I'm not a powergamer that manages to achieve full mana at the end of every fight. I think 23 days is pretty good for Impossible though. I could probably have done it in 20 but I am also a completist (i.e. every stack must die ) Actually, I think I left about 5 stacks alive in total.

This was also the first time I completed 103 tasks. Apparently there are 104 in total, but two are mutually exclusive, so 103 is the highest you can get.

I can't believe I ended up with such miserable stats! 7 defense! This is the random element of the game influencing difficulty. On the other hand, I was basically a mage in that I had all three mage schools maxed and I was dealing 5000-5500 damage per hex with Fire Rain by the end.

Money was also a big issue, probably because of the poor Defense I had. Paladin is quite difficult because you don't have the high leadership of the Warrior or the powerful spell power of the Mage. Paladin seems okay early on but it's a real handicap by the end-game, IMO.

Well, off to bed for me.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Just finished my 9th and final game. Here are my scores in order

Normal Warrior - 749
Hard Wizard - 746
Impossible Paladin - 1131
Impossible Warrior - 1483
Impossible Wizard - 1497
Impossible Paladin (no losses) - 1505
Impossible Warrior (Human only) - 1462
Impossible Wizard (Undead only) - 1440
Impossible Paladin (Neutral only) - 1587

Time for a break before the expansion is released. It's been a blast.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

That's good work, Ryder. I notice your fifth game and my fifth game have very similar scores. I tried to start a no losses Impossible Mage game, but it's very hard without Resurrect or Gift. I guess Paladin is the easiest way to try for no losses. Doesn't seem to help the score though.

That was a good idea to role-play various factions to enable you to play again. I would have thought Humans would have been a solid faction, but the Undead not so much, especially early. Neutral? Well, there's a lot of neutrals in the game.

See you on the AP forum soon.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
That was a good idea to role-play various factions to enable you to play again. I would have thought Humans would have been a solid faction, but the Undead not so much, especially early. Neutral? Well, there's a lot of neutrals in the game.

See you on the AP forum soon.
You'd be surprised at how easy the undead were. 90% of the time my battles were just vampire bats against the enemy. No retaliate and regeneration, say no more.

As for neutral, that includes dragons remember, but I did only use them for about 3 fights in the labyrinth. Griffins (74.5%) were my main unit and then Royal Snakes (9.8%). My third best unit was the Ice Ball (3.9%). Griffs and Time Back are a great combo.

Cant wait for AP. See you in there.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Well, after about nine months off from playing KB, I finally finished my fifth overall game, Impossible Paladin. I've now beaten all three classes on Impossible, and I believe Paladin was the hardest.

Score: 1485
Day of Completion: 23
Completed Quests: 103 (no failed or unfinished
Stats: Attack 19 Defense 7 Intellect 32
Money left: 240,000

This was my best score, as 23 days was my best time. I'm still nowhere near the 7 days people like Calinda and Vilk have achieved, but then speed isn't really my priority. I like to run through each new area to pick up runes/flags etc before fighting enemies, and I'm not a powergamer that manages to achieve full mana at the end of every fight. I think 23 days is pretty good for Impossible though. I could probably have done it in 20 but I am also a completist (i.e. every stack must die ) Actually, I think I left about 5 stacks alive in total.

This was also the first time I completed 103 tasks. Apparently there are 104 in total, but two are mutually exclusive, so 103 is the highest you can get.

I can't believe I ended up with such miserable stats! 7 defense! This is the random element of the game influencing difficulty. On the other hand, I was basically a mage in that I had all three mage schools maxed and I was dealing 5000-5500 damage per hex with Fire Rain by the end.

Money was also a big issue, probably because of the poor Defense I had. Paladin is quite difficult because you don't have the high leadership of the Warrior or the powerful spell power of the Mage. Paladin seems okay early on but it's a real handicap by the end-game, IMO.

Well, off to bed for me.
Are you kidding? That's a great score and only 23 days!

It's gonna take me twice that amount of days cause it's just a bit of fun isn't it. I go back and forth I aint bothered about days..they help the score I assume?
Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

you can see formula at records xD
Old 10-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Registered Member

I think it max score we can complete 1742 pts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen_091011_001.JPG (181.7 KB, 113 views)
File Type: jpg screen_091011_002.JPG (184.1 KB, 97 views)