Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hayward View Post
What about them? They don't provide updates on patches. Ask them when the next patch is coming and they ignore you.
That's the stupidest thing I've heard today! If you have no idea of something, then keep your unqualified statements for you!

Thanks
Old 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
Most of us perfectly understand that accurate ETA are not posible.

What most of us want is this:

- a weekely update regarding what's in the work, and the actual progress made
- when they figure out they are close to release a patch, and can give an ETA, just say it to us, together with the expected content for that patch
I think this would work for you and for me but we are not the most negative thread starters here. Remember most trolls forgot that luthier wrote "we will try to ..." and accused him in lying about more communication and hiring a manger several times. I think he did not like it. I would not.

Any ETA or anything luthier posts would be used against him if trolls are not banned.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etzi View Post
That's the stupidest thing I've heard today! If you have no idea of something, then keep your unqualified statements for you!

Thanks
Prove me wrong. Go to the RoF forum and ask them when the next update is coming. Or ask when the next aircraft is going to be released. Or when the flight models are going to be reviewed. Then let us know what kind of response you get.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Approved Member

No Message is a Message

Obviously, some folks here still believe in the Easter Bunny.
They take much delight...In making excuses for the Bunny.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease"
Old 07-20-2011, 04:06 PM
Opitz

Quote:
Prove me wrong. Go to the RoF forum and ask them when the next update is coming. Or ask when the next aircraft is going to be released. Or when the flight models are going to be reviewed. Then let us know what kind of response you get.
flight model reviewed? why? Is it too hard for you to fly straight with it?
Old 07-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opitz View Post
flight model reviewed? why? Is it too hard for you to fly straight with it?
Flight model review to stop all the complaining about the Super Camel, the Dr1 going too fast, the SE5 glass engine, the Pup climbing too fast, the DVa being too slow, the N17 being a pig, etc, etc, etc...
Old 07-20-2011, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

adonys, etc, you are wasting your time.

Luthier has spoken at last - yesterday in his US release announcement. He has no communications 'resource' and clearly has no intention of spending 15 minutes on it himself. As infuriating and offensive as that may be, we're stuck with it. There's nothing we can do.

However, this is a direct matter between us and the manufacturer of a defective product and this, their forum, seems to be a reasonable way to contact them, especially as they say they are always looking at it for our feedback. If the self-righteous, self-appointed spokesmen for Luthier stopped poking their noses into what is a direct request from some of us to Luthier these threads would be a lot shorter. And if Luthier put finger to keyboard once a week there would be far fewer of them.

Our CoD software is effectively under repair and ours has been a legitimate request for progress information. The whining is coming from those who for some reason don't want to hear it and are happy to roll over and lay in the dark whilst goading the rest of us. Or perhaps it just makes them feel important. Can they really not be interested in when the major bugs will be fixed?

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 07-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Wow, this forum never seizes to amaze me! This thread was the wackiest piece of communication I've seen so far in this nuthouse! The subject alone made me giggle: "One explanation and we will stop whining".. like that would ever happen!

There is not enough terabytes on all the servers connected to internet to store the explanations and updates needed to stop whining on the banana forums!

I used to be a critique towards the poor communication practises from the devs. But after seeing the group of nutjobs I would need to associate myself with I decided to change camp: now I actually hope there won't be any update on anything anymore just to pour some salt on the wounds of these crybabies and see how much energy they can actually waste on repeating the same message.

Some superstar already started to list 'fanbois' in his tag line. I think we need two forums: one for whiners and haters, one for fanbois. Otherwise there will soon be an virtual explosion around here.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:35 PM
Opitz

Quote:
Flight model review to stop all the complaining about the Super Camel, the Dr1 going too fast, the SE5 glass engine, the Pup climbing too fast, the DVa being too slow, the N17 being a pig, etc, etc, etc...
Once all respectful and reasonable resources will be collected, as said, this will probably happen. The difference here is this: in IL2 dimension it was Oleg and his "resources" who said - this is climb rate, turn rate of Bf109, we have it like that in Moscow museum. In ROF anyone can provide resources and won't be ignored.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opitz View Post
Once all respectful and reasonable resources will be collected, as said, this will probably happen.
NO, it doesn't happen. The only way anyone knows an update is coming is when they announce that servers will be down for maintenance. They don't give ETAs. They don't give updates. They don't hold anyone's hand.

Oh, and any whining like you're doing here would be wiped off their messageboard in about 2 minutes.
Closed Thread