Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

I must agree with you WWFlybert about RoF. Nice models and a good FM do not a complete simulation make.

I'm not well liked on the SimHQ RoF forum because I don't drink the Kool Aide and I call 'em like I see 'em. And the way I see it, RoF won't survive.

I hope another publisher/developer picks up the pieces and develops it into a finished product, but that is a scant hope.

It really is sad because I, and many others want a high quality WW1 flight sim, and I have strong doublts that Canvas Knights will be anything more than a poorly modeled, low quality arcade shooter game.

SOW cannot get here fast enough.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 08-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

If this post makes no sense... it's ok... just take below as the gist of it...........

I am looking forward to whatever TD brings out... and I just hope that some of the facts and possibilities revealed to the IL2 community with the whole modding issue do not become tossed out with the bath water in what ever changes TD has coming and are not lost on TD.

Last edited by Bearcat; 08-28-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Global Moderator

Pay attention - check this link

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=6846

Go to your postings with the above prohibited content and delete the prohibited content.

I don't like having to explain everytime content is deleted.

Help me out here guys, until the rules change prohibited content is still prohibited.

Thanks

Discussion about

is not prohibited, since they are working on an authorized patch and modifications.

Last edited by nearmiss; 08-28-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

@WWFlybert,can we put the off-topic aside please?

@Nearmiss,i'll be very happy if you can clear up this thread from the off-topic messages regarding other games and the modding for IL-2.
DT would like this thread to be clean.Thanks.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Global Moderator

Thumbs up

I do not like to clean up threads, because I don't have time to start at the beginning, read every thread. There is often viable content discussed and it could get deleted. No one likes their postings changed or have content deleted. They like it less when I extract content from their postings.

Create a new thread, in the first posting make it clear about postings you would like to allow, and discussion content that is helpful. I will sticky the thread for TD.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 PM
Approved Member

Thank you for Stickying up the thread,Nearmiss.

To everyone else,please keep the thread clean from now on.
Don't advertise mods or mod website through this thread,and don't discuss about other games here.
If you want to discuss those things,there are proper forums that are up and serving for this job.This is not the forum,nor the thread for such discussions.

Thanks.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

This thread is a prime example of why I just don't bother over here much anymore.

I still have much love for IL2, but this forum...
Old 08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Approved Member

My apologies.. also PM incoming to NM..

However..... my other post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Hey TD a question....

Someone unlocked a way to increase the torque in the FMs... You couldn't decrease it lower than the stock torque.. (so it couldn't be used as a cheat..) but if you wanted to increase it , say.. so you could get even more realistic torque effects.. especially on landings & T/Os.. you could.. I never tried it.. and actually it wasn't a mod from what I understand.. but the mods enabled the feature to be unlocked.. it was always there... at least from my understanding of the "feature" I am wondering if it might be possible to include that feature in an upcoming patch as an additional CEM option. Some kind of varying degree of torque from say... stock to stock plus x , to plus xx .. up to the point where if you were not careful you could flip your plane on T/O like it sometimes happened in RL.. I seem to recall some time ago Oleg making reference to this feature @ UBI .. No one knew what he was talking about though and because it wasn't activated in the sim it couldn't be used so it was a moot issue.. I believe he said that he could make the FMs even more realistic but a lot of peope wold find it harder to fly.. but I figure since some of us have been flying this sim for what... 8-9 years now....

Is that doable?

Will not be edited.. at least not by me.. because from my understanding this is already in the sim but it was locked by Oleg & 1C because the rest of the sim was also locked..... it was not a *** so again... my thus far unanswered question to TD is... Can this feature be unlocked and added to part of the CEM scalability that is in the sim. Some of us have been flying this sim since .. what ... 01-02.. and it would be great to have the option to fine tune the CEM.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
My apologies.. also PM incoming to NM..

However..... my other post..

Will not be edited.. at least not by me.. because from my understanding this is already in the sim but it was locked by Oleg & 1C because the rest of the sim was also locked..... it was not a *** so again... my thus far unanswered question to TD is... Can this feature be unlocked and added to part of the CEM scalability that is in the sim. Some of us have been flying this sim since .. what ... 01-02.. and it would be great to have the option to fine tune the CEM.
I don't know which mod you have in mind but the one I checked doesn't unlock anything, it simply changes few parameters in FM. So this story about "locked" features sounds more like an excuse for messing with FM.

Whole FM issue is rather controversial, you can hardly find two RL pilots with same opinion about the torque so it's really hard to say what is correct and what not.

Anyway, there are no FM changes for 4.09, what is going to happen in 5.0 is yet to be decided, we have contacts with RL pilots and Oleg's main FM tester is helping us so anything is possible.

FC
Old 08-28-2009, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

TY....
Closed Thread