Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
Alas, for me I now have some stutters occasionally when offline and medium height (did not yet test it offline).

system:

vista 64
i7 920
GTX275
6 GB RAM
Try turn off hyperthreading for i7 920, reduces my stutter a lot.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:36 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

Uhmp. Isn't Vista supposed to have problems with this turned off? Actually I hesitate to twitch that deep in my system just for some stutters that should not be there in the first place.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

A Collision model for trees sounds pretty awesome. I really hope that its possible in the nearest future. For me its the worst issue in terms of atmosphere
Just imagine you're sitting in a plane with dead engine and you're desparately trying to find a spot to land with a ground full of trees etc
Old 10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Stormcrow View Post
Uhmp. Isn't Vista supposed to have problems with this turned off? Actually I hesitate to twitch that deep in my system just for some stutters that should not be there in the first place.
No problems, many of new prosessor doesen't even have that feature anymore.
You can allways turn it back to on if you need to, many gamers turn it off from bios because of problems with games.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

*Holds hands up* I had a dodgy download. From 25 FPS earlier,it is now excellent (50 plus)

Ok, did a complete reinstall (year zero) wiping out all traces of CoD from system (registry the lot). I would recommend trying this if you are having serious problems too, and nothing else is working for you.

Can confirm the framerates are now superb, performance is generally good barring slight microstutters at low level. Still not a fan of new landscape and different pits look (though the reflections are now back after my corrupt download and complete reinstall).

Overall, fairly happy thus far. Have yet to test new Spit prop addition. I apologise for playing funny buggers and being a sarcastic gimp prior, lol (have removed the post).

My performance was horrific prior to the complete reinstall though, in mitigation. Also remember (very important) to check that 'Stereomode' for 3d in confi.ini has not reset itself (it does) with a long string of numbers (6 figures or so I think beginning with '3') and keep it to 0 (your 1c SoftClub folder, not the other).

Much better now. Yours penitently, Orville.

Cheers.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Approved Member

tested online, no issues at all (though ATAG server crashed afaik before I could enter, at around 82 players), AI still behaving crazily, the next patch will be welcome for that.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

My Game has just got the patch. I must tell you IT'S WORTH IT!!!!
You will see what I mean
Old 10-17-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insuber View Post
tested online, no issues at all (though ATAG server crashed afaik before I could enter, at around 82 players), AI still behaving crazily, the next patch will be welcome for that.
Wish I knew why it acted that way. Here's a little perspective:

I captured the dedi server's cpu usage with 70 people on.

And the bandwidth:

I've raised netspeed again just incase the server wanted to use more. 20mbps of upload isn't really much with a 10gbps line. We'll see if it helps

But so far, for performance online is very very good.. Best ever IMO.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 10-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

thank you very much for the patch and csp for spit
Old 10-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
And here’s where we are in terms of plans. We obviously remain hard at work on the series. We will continue to improve the game up until the eventual release of its sequel.

Our main priorities now are:

1. Physics and FM. This means plane behavior in the air, brand new landing gear model on the ground, collision modeling including tree collision (if performance allows), and improved vehicle physics.
2. AI. Currently working on everyone’s favorite controls flutter and AI wingman behavior. Also working on improving radio comms, getting your crew to be more verbose on the intercom, and lots of other changes. Coupled with #1, this should give us quite a dramatic change in how air combat looks and feels.
3. Performance. We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%.
4. Sound. The sound in the v15950 is considered a beta. We will continue to improve existing sound, and to add new ones to the aircraft and to the world around them.
5. SDK. As promised earlier, still planning to release a map-making SDK in the near future. More details will be released when we are ready for them.

I won’t put an ETA on any specific feature at this point. We will go through the same general process as before: internal testing first, then open external testing, and then finally the release. Generally, releases should follow at about the same pace as they have with the current patch.

Thanks everyone, and we hope you enjoy the game!
That is great news!