Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Why steam is bad? Someone make a list of its flaws, cos' atm it's like: it is bad cos' I know it is bad.
I see most ppl, who hate steam, have used it only once or haven't at all.
Sorry for pasting my response from another thread, but this forum is becoming so monothematic, that I probably could paste it into another 5 threads and it would fit perfectly.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:02 AM
Approved Member

If we're back to the topic, IMHO Valve is easily the "lesser evil" of the two publishers. I do have the game preordered because I want the DVD though.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHB68 View Post
Well thats for sure the most impressive pro argument !

My personal conclusion: You pay for nothing, have no rights on it and your datas can be used for whatever. You buy a limited, terminable, non exclusive license and right to use and Valve is responsible for nothing. In future you won't buy shoes, only the limited, terminable, non exclusive license and right to wear them.

WAKE UP !

P.S.: ....my last post on this.
Bolds things to change context. Gripes about standard EUA verbage. You do realize basically every game you play says nearly exactly that Verbatim. I also suspect that your agreement to this forum says something similar about communications through it.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

At the end of the day,those who want CoD enough will buy it,regardless of what obstacles etc are put in the way.Some won't and thats a tragedy for Oleg with lost sales.
Unless we are hit with a serious bombshell in the next 2 weeks (like pay to play) then I will get it.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

I have no idea what steam is or Valve .. Actually i don't want to to know...

I refuse to go throught the three hundrent lines of the Steam - Valve Agreement -

and that is, before i issue a huge invoice (i charge a lot per Hour as a Producer & an Audio

Engineer) to someone for my time & effort ...

Who is going to pay for the fee of my lawyer checking out the possible sneaky claws

in your agreement ?

I agree to nothing!

I'm the customer - i will give my money only in exchange to be left alone - undisturbed - with frequently updated material (possibly paid one) - with the unlimited right to whine as much as i like about the product and without any software that will go scanning my drives and stuff ... (if this is the case - & this will have to be proven to me)

I understand that everytime you install something there are a thousent claws that you never read but you agree on and you click the agree button like a zombie ....

that doesn't make it less unreasonable ...

you click the agree button and on the other end a white collar freak is throwing a party ... on your expense ...

Too confusing ... keap it simple in a nice box and sent it to my place also!

Eh?
Old 03-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I/ZG52_Gaga View Post
I have no idea what steam is or Valve .. Actually i don't want to to know...

I refuse to go throught the three hundrent lines of the Steam - Valve Agreement -

and that is, before i issue a huge invoice (i charge a lot per Hour as a Producer & an Audio

Engineer) to someone for my time & effort ...

Who is going to pay for the fee of my lawyer checking out the possible sneaky claws

in your agreement ?

I agree to nothing!

I'm the customer - i will give my money only in exchange to be left alone - undisturbed - with frequently updated material (possibly paid one) - with the unlimited right to whine as much as i like about the product and without any software that will go scanning my drives and stuff ... (if this is the case - & this will have to be proven to me)

I understand that everytime you install something there are a thousent claws that you never read but you agree on and you click the agree button like a zombie ....

that doesn't make it less unreasonable ...

you click the agree button and on the other end a white collar freak is throwing a party ... on your expense ...

Too confusing ... keap it simple in a nice box and sent it to my place also!

Eh?
So you have your lawyer read every EULA for every game you play? That is well wasteful of your money.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=Avimimus;231549]Well, the big issues will appear if steam tries to mess with customised installs (patching etc.), has compatibility issues or hems in multiplayer modes.

Well, if a heavely modded Arma 2 runs smootly through steam I don't see why il2 shouldn't....

I also don' t see (talking in general) why some people are so concerned about steam, I find it very simple and "permissive". Once You've installed somehing you can play it just however you like. I reckon that in it's early days got some issues, but now it's a completely different thing.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
At the end of the day,those who want CoD enough will buy it,regardless of what obstacles etc are put in the way.Some won't and thats a tragedy for Oleg with lost sales.
Unless we are hit with a serious bombshell in the next 2 weeks (like pay to play) then I will get it.
The tragedy is that so many ppl here cant see past the end of there nose (guess they wouldn't be good pilots anyway) steam will being 200 more players in for every 1 person here that refuses to buy it...
Old 03-08-2011, 01:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chb68 View Post
well thats for sure the most impressive pro argument !

My personal conclusion: You pay for nothing, have no rights on it and your datas can be used for whatever. You buy a limited, terminable, non exclusive license and right to use and valve is responsible for nothing. In future you won't buy shoes, only the limited, terminable, non exclusive license and right to wear them.

Wake up !

P.s.: ....my last post on this.
+ 1 100%
Old 03-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchiyo View Post
Bolds things to change context. Gripes about standard EUA verbage. You do realize basically every game you play says nearly exactly that Verbatim. I also suspect that your agreement to this forum says something similar about communications through it.
I agree, its a standard EULA. When you buy a game you don't own the game. You own the medium its presented on but you do not get exclusive rights to do with that software whatever you want.