Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

I've read this but i didn't understand this change!
Old 03-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

The compass in the 109 and most other planes is just that, a compass, there is no Direction Finding ability. You use the compass to mark headings where you came from, where you're going, where the target is etc. It's there for manual navigation, like "pilotage". To home in on an NDB beacon you need to use the DF instruments, which are described in the 4.10 guide. The waypoints are just markings on a map, they don't represent anything real that you can home in on. The best guide I can suggest is look up NDB navigation, or pick up a copy of "from the ground up" (recommend for everyone, this will answer all your engine/prop/navigation questions, excellent book!) and read the navigation section. It's not difficult per say, it just takes practice. Some aircraft like the Ju-88 and Bf-110 have a direction finding compass that homes to a beacon, but I suggest learning to home to the crosshairs first.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
You mean the unit badge? I simply think that neither Cr.42 nor G.50 have an overlay for unit emblems specified. It's not a bug, but not really a feature, either.
Sorry for my poor English.
No, I don't mean the unit badge (if you mean a squad emblem or the like).
I mean the national insignia/markings (like the Russian red star) on the wings and the flight number on the fuselage.

The rest of the Italian squads do have them, that is, the same planes flying for another squad do feature the fasces on the upper wing surface and a red flight number on both sides of the fuselage. So do other planes (like Mc.200) even when 356squadriglia is used.

That is, SOME planes in conjunction with ONE particular squad do not have something that others have. And this is a change from 4.10.

Please check in the QMB with the planes and squads I referred to. (G.50 / Mc.200, and i01 / 356squadriglia). Four combinations to look at.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Approved Member

Ah, I understand what you mean. The red fuselage number will appear in the next patch, that was a simple fix. But:

The national markings for italy on the Fiat Cr.42 and Fiat G.50 are in both cases part of the default aircraft texture. As such there is no overlay for the game to put its own fasci marking onto the plane. This was changed in 4.09 by Maddox Games as requested by italian players. Then both types got a new default skin for Italy ... so the situation ATM is as it should be. If you use custom skins for Italy on either the Cr.42 or the G.50 you need to use skins which contain national markings.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Here is a possible bug I just found:

Light type (1, 2, 3, 4) do not show up on a Dogfight map. I'm not talking about the 'Activate runway lights' command (which also doesn't work). I'm talking about the lights themselves which should be lit all the time.

Neither 'Red', 'Blue' nor 'None' Army lights will appear on a Dogfight map.

However, they work fine in Single-player and coop missions.

EDIT: Just to amend my bug report, it's not the Dogfight map that seems to be the issue. Rather, it's the Home Base itself. In further testing, I found that the lights WILL work on a Dogfight map, but only if they are not located within a Home Base area. If the lights are located within the radius of a Home Base area, they don't work at all......they are never seen. *Since a 'Home Base' is almost exclusively used on Dogfight maps, I initially thought the map itself was to blame.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1

Last edited by Aviar; 03-04-2011 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
Ah, I understand what you mean. The red fuselage number will appear in the next patch, that was a simple fix. But:

The national markings for italy on the Fiat Cr.42 and Fiat G.50 are in both cases part of the default aircraft texture. As such there is no overlay for the game to put its own fasci marking onto the plane. This was changed in 4.09 by Maddox Games as requested by italian players. Then both types got a new default skin for Italy ... so the situation ATM is as it should be. If you use custom skins for Italy on either the Cr.42 or the G.50 you need to use skins which contain national markings.
OK, I got the picture.
I presume "as it should be" applies then to all Italian plane types, doesn't it?
Thanks for the info!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Ammo counter in He-162 doesn't work.

Wheels don't roll at slow speeds.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
Ammo counter in He-162 doesn't work.

Wheels don't roll at slow speeds.
Confirmed by me
Old 03-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Registered Member

Hello Team Daidalos,
thank you very much for so much work in your spare time !

I'd like to report that on my computer since 4.10 the standard gauge for indicated airspeed in the Me 262 does not move anymore, its fixed to ca. 340km/h whereas the yellow pointer for the true airspeed moves correctly.

Please test and confirm or reject, thank you.

Greetings
Jörg
Old 03-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Registered Member

I just ran into a little issue:

Bf-109F-2 - In the campaign arming screen, the option for the "MG151/20 Field Mod" no longer appears, it only shows the options from before 4.10m. It shows up in the QMB as well as the FMB, but if you try to change it in the FMB and then run the mission, it still doesn't show up and will set the armament to "Empty".