Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo kyu View Post
Eh? Fixed by the player? that doesn't sound like fun.

Runway craters would have been filled in a few hours at most (as they used to say at the time, there was a war on).

If you mean bullet holes should not evaporate when the graphics card gets bored of them, I'm with you, but if you want everybody to suffer unrealistically long-lasting effects from offensive actions, I'm absolutely not.
I mean this for campaign wars... not dogfight server type stuff. If you take out an airfields C&C as well as runway its gonna take a while to get back in teh fight. (how this is modeled in game via point/time ect.. would be a call on the devs part I guess. Would be a good way to keep/commit the other side from having/using resources. A well placed airfield was always a tasty target.

I am coming at this from Falcon4 where this sort of thing makes a difference in a campaign.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalNine View Post
I mean this for campaign wars... not dogfight server type stuff. If you take out an airfields C&C as well as runway its gonna take a while to get back in teh fight. (how this is modeled in game via point/time ect.. would be a call on the devs part I guess. Would be a good way to keep/commit the other side from having/using resources. A well placed airfield was always a tasty target.

I am coming at this from Falcon4 where this sort of thing makes a difference in a campaign.
I don't know how long you're expecting it to take to repair an airfield. There were a lot of people in Britain then, and the roads were adequate, so getting a thousand labourers or squaddies to a particular airfield to dig soil into holes wouldn't have been an insurmountable problem.

If there were no other airfields affected, it wouldn't even matter, particularly in the BoB where there were many airfields around about. Many were just big flat fields, in those days fighters didn't need the landing room they do now.

Aircraft factories would have taken much longer to replace.

It's not as if an airfield is an isolated installation that is unaffected by it's surroundings. If you are thinking of airfields as items that have to be self sufficient, that reminds me of Command and Conquer, I don't want BoB SoW to become a clone of that.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

Ilya, are you guys paying Feathered? You ought to be... His suggestions, particularly that last one, are great!
Old 11-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Approved Member

Default AAA behaviour

I don't know historically accurate it would be for the Battle of Britain but here goes

1) How about exclusive AAA belts or zones where any aircraft that enters is a target. (like during the V1 attacks)

2) And how about flack that stops shooting when a friendly aircraft comes in for an attack.

Picture this. the Crew of a He111 are being bounced aroud as their formation is being hammered by an intensive AAA bararge. All of a sunden everything goes quiet. Theres a sigh of relief until one of the gunners calls out "Auchtung Spitfire!!"
Old 11-18-2009, 03:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo kyu View Post
I don't know how long you're expecting it to take to repair an airfield. There were a lot of people in Britain then, and the roads were adequate, so getting a thousand labourers or squaddies to a particular airfield to dig soil into holes wouldn't have been an insurmountable problem.

If there were no other airfields affected, it wouldn't even matter, particularly in the BoB where there were many airfields around about. Many were just big flat fields, in those days fighters didn't need the landing room they do now.

Aircraft factories would have taken much longer to replace.

It's not as if an airfield is an isolated installation that is unaffected by it's surroundings. If you are thinking of airfields as items that have to be self sufficient, that reminds me of Command and Conquer, I don't want BoB SoW to become a clone of that.

Yes it very well could make a difference depending on the campaign and how it's set up... And if certain airfields have access to certain aircraft or loadouts it could make a whole lot of difference.

Have you ever played Falcon 4 and gotten into the campaign or flown in an online war such as Forgotten Skies and seen how that's set up?? May make a bit more sense than your C&C reference.

Btw - you don't happen to be the guy by the same name that posts over at the AMD forums do you??
Old 11-18-2009, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoyalNine View Post
Yes it very well could make a difference depending on the campaign and how it's set up... And if certain airfields have access to certain aircraft or loadouts it could make a whole lot of difference.
Aircraft can be flown into any airfield that has a long enough runway (so maybe not bombers at some fighter airfields).

Quote:
Have you ever played Falcon 4 and gotten into the campaign or flown in an online war such as Forgotten Skies and seen how that's set up?? May make a bit more sense than your C&C reference.
I tried Falcon 4, I didn't get further than the first flight (instant action?), it has a really nice database of aircraft and vehicles. I don't recall even seeing a box for Forgotten Skies in the shops, though my memory is particularly bad.

Quote:
Btw - you don't happen to be the guy by the same name that posts over at the AMD forums do you??
No, this is the only place I use this name, I didn't know it wasn't utterly unique, though as it's one possible version of a particular meaningful phrase, there's no reason it should be.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

a lot of ther replies seem to be requests for features that are seen regularly, rather than cool random once in a while events. feathereds suggestions are top notch though.

got a couple here anyway.

when landing at an airbase that's been raided recently, time delayed bombs go off nearby. would teach you to use homebase or a redirected base rather than the nearest one.

a ferrying mission. get bounced by the enemy and have to evade them in cloud until their fuel depletes enough to drive them off home.

foreign object damage as you blow bits off the enemy. perhaps some bits and pieces lodged in the leading edge or chunks flying off the prop causing vibration.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

It's surprising how much I've wanted a monocle - ever since the I.A.R. 81 was released as a flyable, actually.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

How about the possibility to collide with the body of a bailing enemy? Maybe see people on fire as they bail from a flaming bomber?
________
Harmed By Nexium

Last edited by Necrobaron; 04-26-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

You are clearly obsessed by blood and gore ... are you sure that you are in in the right game?. Btw Oleg said clearly 'no blood spatters or other gore effects AFAIK.

Ins