Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53Frankyboy View Post
from an UBI official in the german UBI forum:
only an online activation once is needed.
Yay!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:59 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Well, I won't be playing the game often (if at all). And I do not think anyone at UBI will read this.

IMHO, it will be fantastic if it would be possible to join as a gunner (or maybe flak operator), but not as a pilot, on the computer that was not activated.

Same applies to the tanks/ships/etc - gunners should be recruit-able among non-technical guys for free./

Though FPS shooter authors will sue Oleg for dumping, I afraid

------------
And I hope that in some point in future DRM will be dropped. As it was in Il-2 itself.

Last edited by =FPS=Salsero; 01-18-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

That's good news on the one time activation
Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Approved Member

I like Steam.

I buy games, install them in any computer I use, and play. With working auto-updates enable, save time.

It's a fully working sell platform. It's made by Valve, I like Valve. I will buy Cliffs Of Dover over Steam, will fly into the game untill my arms get sore and have a lot of fun without even think about corporative evil plans.

The life is short. IL-2 is about the fun part of it.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobisomem View Post
i like steam.

I buy games, install them in any computer i use, and play. With working auto-updates enable, save time.

It's a fully working sell platform. It's made by valve, i like valve. I will buy cliffs of dover over steam, will fly into the game untill my arms get sore and have a lot of fun without even think about corporative evil plans.

The life is short. Il-2 is about the fun part of it.
+1

b
CH Franken-Tripehound stick and throttle merged, CH Pro pedals. TrackIR 5 and Pro-clip. Windows 7 64bit Home Premium.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

If the DRM stops anyone from buying this masterpiece from Oleg/Maddox Games then they can **** off in my eyes, I couldnt care less about people whining about DRM.

These days developers >> CAN << indeed assume that the majoirty of their users will have acccess to a stable broadband connection, and if you dont then well sorry, sh*t happens.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-20-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauii View Post
If the DRM stops anyone from buying this masterpiece from Oleg/Maddox Games then they can **** off in my eyes, I couldnt care less about people whining about DRM.
Thanks for such a mature and balanced contribution to this topic

Quote:
These days developers >> CAN << indeed assume that the majoirty of their users will have acccess to a stable broadband connection, and if you dont then well sorry, sh*t happens.
Funny how Oleg says the opposite.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-20-2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
Funny how Oleg says the opposite.
Good then, that Olegs words aren't law I respect Oleg as a game developer but I don't always agree with his opinions. Isn't that nice though, being able to vent your own opinions here without being judged by others?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

Quote:

The snobism of some people here never ceases to amaze me. And it does induce the urge to puke ...

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-20-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Oleg knows that many in Eastern Europe either cannot afford or do not live near high-speed connections (similar to Canada). He also has state that it is the distributor (not the developer) that attaches the DRM.

Quote:
Let me guess - You're from a reasonably large urban center, in a developed country and you're solidly middle-class with a comfortable economic life. It is a stretch - but I can guess that you're an American (as you guys seem to fear, rather than look out for, your neighbors).

Is any of this correct? How far off am I?

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 01-20-2011 at 06:45 PM.