Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Approved Member

The colour scheme in Reha, the lizard island, is really strange (purple trees? ) The rest of the game looks more normal. And the baby dragon? Well, I actually like it a lot, even if it is childish. My kids (4 and 2 years old) love to watch me play. Don't be deceived - AP is just as good as TL and maybe even better. More units, shorter overall game (less grinding), more abilities, reorganised skill trees, more bosses. It's great.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

I'll have to agree with zhuangzi here. KBAP provides much more challenge, a lot of skill and ability re-balancing, and the dragon is very cute. I for one, really enjoyed how he goes to sleep using a snail-shell az a pillow.

The thing that the developers fail to improve is the music. Don't get me wrong, in my eyes it's great - especially under_the_shadow_of_the_oak song, but it's pretty much the same as it was in KBTL. There are only a few new tracks, but it any case, I cannot complain. Lind Erebros has made some pretty good tracks for us in KBTL, and most of them are back in KBAP.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Approved Member

Can anyone upload to some filehosting files: data.kfs, ses.kfs, loc_ses.kfs from english version and send me link into PM ?

upd: thnx!

Last edited by spamm; 11-21-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

I doubt someone will upload them for you. You may be better off getting the english version through paid download. Or - heck, I hate myself for saying this, because I bought the original Russian version of the game, and should expect everyone to support such a fine product - wait a while till it gets to the torrent engines.

Besides - if you already bought the Russian version - why do you need the English one? It works perfectly. I'm doing it to fix my thread. In the end, I will uninstall it and will return to my own copy.

EDIT: Since we are in the discussion thread, I must point out that I'm completely dissatisfied with parts of the translation. The "Accuracy" skill, which allows you to break items for crystals and talent runes is named "Neatness". I always thought that Neat is used for a person who is very tidy or to express cleanliness, order, etc. "Caution" also doesn't sound entirely right, but it is acceptable (it used to be combat readiness). The "Dissertation" skill - which sounded proper is called "Thesis". The "Great Tactician" medal, which actually meant something is "Grand Strategy". Very imaginative...

OMG, OMG, OMG... Amelie the Valiant - nice. The Fair - well, that works I guess, but "The Just" is much more appropriate - because in the Russian version, the Paladin Amelie is called "The just, fair, equitable" (dictionary translation). Still, Fair may also mean pretty, which is not applicable in the situation (although it's applicable in general). The Charmed - what the heck? Who charmed her? The Charmer - it would fit. The Charming - meaning using charms (although she is charming in general) - it would work. But Charmed... Give me a break.

"To destroy the opponents troops through punishing combat spells" - punishing? Devastating would be much, much better. To punish is completely different thing...

"Calm rage" spell - the Russian version of the game calls it "Anger management" - and it sounds cool, looks cool, and it is appropriate. Sheesh.

OMG number 2. Sammail, the demon is called Samman. Nice.

Nice. The Hourglass of Time is now the Clock of time. I wonder how a hourglass, filled with sand can be a clock?

Why do I have a feeling that the translation has been made in a hurry and not by professionals...

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-20-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
why do you need the English one?
For correct updates my mods to english version.
Old 11-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

In that case, do what I did - borrow it from a friend, fix everything you need, and revert
Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
I doubt someone will upload them for you. You may be better off getting the english version through paid download. Or - heck, I hate myself for saying this, because I bought the original Russian version of the game, and should expect everyone to support such a fine product - wait a while till it gets to the torrent engines.

Besides - if you already bought the Russian version - why do you need the English one? It works perfectly. I'm doing it to fix my thread. In the end, I will uninstall it and will return to my own copy.

EDIT: Since we are in the discussion thread, I must point out that I'm completely dissatisfied with parts of the translation. The "Accuracy" skill, which allows you to break items for crystals and talent runes is named "Neatness". I always thought that Neat is used for a person who is very tidy or to express cleanliness, order, etc. "Caution" also doesn't sound entirely right, but it is acceptable (it used to be combat readiness). The "Dissertation" skill - which sounded proper is called "Thesis". The "Great Tactician" medal, which actually meant something is "Grand Strategy". Very imaginative...

OMG, OMG, OMG... Amelie the Valiant - nice. The Fair - well, that works I guess, but "The Just" is much more appropriate - because in the Russian version, the Paladin Amelie is called "The just, fair, equitable" (dictionary translation). Still, Fair may also mean pretty, which is not applicable in the situation (although it's applicable in general). The Charmed - what the heck? Who charmed her? The Charmer - it would fit. The Charming - meaning using charms (although she is charming in general) - it would work. But Charmed... Give me a break.

"To destroy the opponents troops through punishing combat spells" - punishing? Devastating would be much, much better. To punish is completely different thing...

"Calm rage" spell - the Russian version of the game calls it "Anger management" - and it sounds cool, looks cool, and it is appropriate. Sheesh.

OMG number 2. Sammail, the demon is called Samman. Nice.

Nice. The Hourglass of Time is now the Clock of time. I wonder how a hourglass, filled with sand can be a clock?

Why do I have a feeling that the translation has been made in a hurry and not by professionals...
I don't have the game yet, but "charmed" has an alternate meaning as being born or gifted with innate talent or luck (e.g. "charmed" with magic, etc.). Other than that, from what you say it does seem there are some translation issues.

Last edited by CurtisJasper; 11-20-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamm View Post
I will see what can be done in that matter when i DL mine
Old 11-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamm View Post
I just found the camera mod in your signature, spamm. Works fine. This is pretty much the only essential KB mod for me, as I like to have the camera zoomed way out most of the time.

For those of you who haven't used this before, unzip the file (very small) into your /data directory. When you start KBAP, you won't be able to zoom out any further until you enter a new area. For example, when I loaded my game just now in Debir, I had to go into the Snakes Underground before I was able to zoom out further. Why is this?
Old 11-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

So do you have files already, spamm ?