Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
I already answered most of these questions before, but apparently my explanation needs repeating.

1. I got absolutely no reason to lie to anyone. If I don't want you to know something, I simply won't talk about it, but I take huge offense to people calling me a liar. Everything I said is 100% accurate.

2. The console project has nothing to do with Storm of War. This is a development of the IL-2 source code done by an an external developer for the 1C Company (which is much larger than Oleg's team). Oleg's team is not involved. Oleg's guys have not done any development on the console version. I don't know how to prove a negative in this case, but it's a fact nevertheless.

3. Look for all the negativity, accusations and criticism in this thread. Peope are not looking at what's there. They're looking for something that's not shown, and are coming up with wild conspiracy theories. Which is exactly the reason you're not seeing alpha shots. Alpha, by definition, means that things are incompete. And it's very clear to us that, if people are shown something that's incomplete, that's where all the attention will focus. This is why we're waiting until everything is picture perfect, because otherwise it'll be "oh no we waited a year and what do we get, manifold pressure in that video goes down .2 seconds too soon after carburetor impact ice forms, how dare you sirs!"

4. There's really no point in bickering at this point. Work is ongoing. The proof will be in the pudding. I can write here back and forth for hours, but it'll just be rehashing the same old points. We have nothing to do with the console game. Oleg's team is working as hard as they can. The game is extremely complex, and I would even say it's much more revolutionary than Il-2 was in its day. And It'll come out when it's ready.

I don't blame you guys for not posting anything. You are right about that. There will always be people here that will complain about anything. Even when BoB is finished there will STILL be folks who will complain about something. You can never please everyone all of the time.
And you have said what I have been saying all along...it will be ready when it's ready.
Old 06-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
Good Lord.

I posted before that after the next updates people will rant even more quickly and more violent, but I must confess I utterly underestimated some of you folks.

This has nothing to do with wanting information or feeling left in the dark any more. This has become a completely nonsense bashing of everything and anybody, showing complete disrespect even to those working on their weekends to get that sim out for you.

And now luthier was so kind to give you an update and an insight on the work going on and you have nothing better to do than tell them how their work has to be done and call him a liar?

If there isn't such a thing for PC-games, there is now: A difference between fans and hooligans. IMHO some of you crossed the red line by far and I'm really ashamed that luthier and Oleg have to read through this.

You may call it brown nose-talk. I'm just shocked about the complete absence of simple things like respect and good manners. Your luck that I am not a moderator here....

Thanks for the update, luthier and Oleg. The detail on the planes, internal and external are awesome!

Agreed...its kind of embarrassing.

Some of the people posting comments here are showing a lack of "class"...their are ways of asking questions, and expressing feelings without being rude or disrespectful.

If I had people picking apart every bit of information I released, I might think twice before posting any updates... or visiting.

Its interesting how some people perceive the "business man" to "consumer" relationship and how they feel it differs from a "normal" person to person dynamic... Some consumers of the "IL2" products feel that their purchase of the game "entitles" them special treatment. One comment you hear time and time again is "I bought all the IL2 games, and I plan on buying BoB SoW so Oleg owes me an explanation... he promised me an explanation...he broke his promise."

In the normal world you would be nice to people you wanted to hear from, but some people feel that because they bought the game that they no longer have to treat Oleg like a normal human being... they feel that their purchase means that they can talk to Oleg in any way that they want to.

Interesting...
Old 06-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

All of us here are posting on an official fan site and would not be doing so unless we had a great interest in sims and SOW in particular. We all have a right to vent and give our opinions positive or negative.

If someone makes a negative post or questions the powers at be, so be it and move along or comment...you will probably get a comment back. It also goes the other way, blindly agreeing with info that is kinda separated from reality will be questioned by someone. Be it programming time, FW 190 windscreens, ammo loads, FM's, choice of flyable aircraft, lack of cockpit info, copyright issues, etc.

If you want to follow lock step and believe the company line, fine. But don't get upset when some of us will not follow so quietly and try to question everything!!
Old 06-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshark888 View Post
All of us here are posting on an official fan site and would not be doing so unless we had a great interest in sims and SOW in particular. We all have a right to vent and give our opinions positive or negative.

If someone makes a negative post or questions the powers at be, so be it and move along or comment...you will probably get a comment back. It also goes the other way, blindly agreeing with info that is kinda separated from reality will be questioned by someone. Be it programming time, FW 190 windscreens, ammo loads, FM's, choice of flyable aircraft, lack of cockpit info, copyright issues, etc.

If you want to follow lock step and believe the company line, fine. But don't get upset when some of us will not follow so quietly and try to question everything!!

Not really what I'm talking about...
Old 06-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

It seems as though there are those that feel that because they bought the product (Il2) from Oleg, they can "push" him around and demand that they are the ones giving him a paycheck, and that if he wants another paycheck (ie BoB) he had better hurry up, do it THEIR way, or they won't buy it. What few people post here ( in relation to total sales ) won't make any difference in the grand scheme of things if they choose not to buy BoB.
The fact that Oleg has received money for the copy ( or ten copies ) of Il2 that we have purchased does not make us the boss. If that were true, then we would have a classic case of too may chiefs and not enough indians, if you know what I mean.
Even in the latest update, many are speculating about this and about that..."Why is Oleg even working on this aircraft...What a waste of time" For all those who are skeptical, I wish you would keep your comments to yourselves. It is things like this that keeps Oleg and Ilya away, and this is not the first time someone has said this. Even Ilya has said himself that no "good" updates will be made for a while until things are "perfect" as there will be those that will whine and complain knowing full well that these are work in progress shots, not the final release.
Ilya almost came right out and said it. They are tired of the whining and complaining around here from some of you...This isn't right, that's not right...Even when patches were released for Il2 there were many complaints, about every single patch. It is true that there were some legitimate issues, and Oleg fixed them, but many were foundless.
Oleg is a good man with the same passion for WW2 aircraft that I have, and I am so glad that someone like him has taken so much of his time to make such a great work of art like Il2. But even that wasn't enough for Oleg. I am not sure what Oleg's motivations are ( but I am so glad he has them) but he had to do even better and start making SoW:BoB. I have been really impressed with this man in the past, and he has earned my trust as I am sure he has with many of you. I know that he is working hard and when the day comes that BoB has come to fruition, I will be overwhelmed to see how much was put into it.
Old 06-08-2008, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Oleg, Luthier, et al.

Know that for every troll and mouthbreather lurking about these assorted forums, there are many of us who have likely invested far more time (and money!) in the series patiently (and quietly) waiting on the sidelines for our chance to jump back in to the game. We know that no matter how long it takes, SoW will be truly great and have every confidence in the progress we've seen in development so far.

Take care,
Alan
Old 06-08-2008, 11:42 PM
Approved Member

Maybe the people who sow the seeds of discontent are working secretly for some unknown (yet unannounced) flight-combat sim... maybe they are trying to undermine the community or trick Oleg into divulging "secret" features that he is developing for BoB SoW (LOL!!)

Last edited by proton45; 06-09-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970 View Post
Gosh, you are hard to please... First, everybody screams give us something, just a little bit...a little sneak pick... Now that update is posted... not good enough. Oh well....
Yeah and peiople wonder why Oleg stopped coming to UBI..
Old 06-09-2008, 05:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw111 View Post
I don't blame you guys for not posting anything. You are right about that. There will always be people here that will complain about anything. Even when BoB is finished there will STILL be folks who will complain about something. You can never please everyone all of the time.
And you have said what I have been saying all along...it will be ready when it's ready.

Too true. And it will be the same folks who have whined for the last 7 years.

How was the B 17 ride at MAAM? Boy was it hot this year.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

Listen guys, you don't have to apologise or explain anything. I understand exactly how you feel. There's been a break in communication, so this is a natural development. We need to work better on communicating with you guys. It takes a while to (re)-establish rapport. I can't speak for Oleg, but I personally will try to communicate more, and hopefully after a while we'll all be on the same page.

And to explain to everyone who I am exactly and what my relationship is with Oleg, we've been working together since I think 1999. First I just helped him in my spare time, starting from the very early pre-Il-2 days. Then after a while I figured this could be a full time thing for me, so I started RRG, which is basically an extension of 1C:MG. We work together as basically two offices of the same company (Oleg is in Moscow and my team is mainly in Kiev). We had this symbiotic relationship on Pacific Fighters and 1946 - I was the design lead on one end, Oleg was on the other, my guys built most of the content, and his guys put it all together.

The relationship continues today in exactly the same way. I'm building my own thing for Korea, and also doing thing for BoB (two games on the Storm of War engine). With BoB, RRG guys under my command are building some 3D models to be used in Battle of Britain, and I'm also doing things like radio comms, training mission, dynamic campaigns, GUI design, and generally participating in high-level design of the sim as a sort of an added brain. In short, RRG and MG have a highly intertwined relationship that's really hard to describe in a paragraph or two.

PS To nip a potential conspiracy theory in the bud, RRG is doing work on BoB, but MG is doing no work on Korea. Korea has no bearing on any BoB schedules.