Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Crossworlds Campaigns

Crossworlds Campaigns Questions, strategies, hints and other info about campaigns in KB: Crossworlds.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

Still, i don't think you can't mass shackles scrounger's shamans with optimal leadership and int items.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Maybe you should check with a Mage, and not a Paladin.

For the Mage class it is 2X.

For Paladin class it is 1.4X

For Warrior class it is 1X.

Just imagine how imbalanced it would be if they let it be 2X or 1.4X for Warriors.

You can check the KB AP translated manual for a lot of these details and game mechanics. A lot of strange subtleties in there.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=10787&page=6

Demon Portal Net Summoned Leadership IS a function of Intellect.

Call of Nature is ALSO a function of Intellect as well.

There is a base leadership statistic for each level of the spell, and then intellect is multiplied against it. (not directly, but in a very standard formula, 5% per intellect, etc).
Well, IMHO, this is a bug. Shackle should function by Intellect, just like Hypnotize does, not Leadership. I mean, it makes no sense. No other spell is influenced by Leadership then, just this one?

I think I'll do a mod (or just edit the spell.txt) because frankly, this I feel is not right.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

I don't really pay attention to game mechanic (besides the basic one), but from what i heard, there are several if not lots of spells influenced by leadership.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB Shockwave View Post
Well, IMHO, this is a bug. Shackle should function by Intellect, just like Hypnotize does, not Leadership. I mean, it makes no sense. No other spell is influenced by Leadership then, just this one?

I think I'll do a mod (or just edit the spell.txt) because frankly, this I feel is not right.
Actually Hypnosis is not a function of Intellect at all and works purely off of leadership. It is 80% of your leadership at level 3.

It is also probably why I never use Hypnosis since it costs so much mana and crystals, and only lasts 2 rounds. Might be ok in lower difficulty levels, but in Impossible, it becomes far less useful since you can't use it in the best time: Round 1.

There are a few spells that are affeced by raw leadership, and some are functions of Intellect.

I think it is for balance reasons though. Imagine if I could Hypnotize Scrounger's orc veterans in round 1? Since mages have an implicit hard leadership cap, they could never "intellect slam" up to a point where such a scenario was possible.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Took me long time to start .. hearing i have to play whole campagn again with just few sidequests didnt make me eager to play it really . Played Dotc and cota and left a game for a while.
So i have starded with hard mage, currently on verona using paladins demonologists engineers and droids no loss around 100 battles
Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Scroungers army is an absolute pisstake and im a lvl 57 paladin. He must have 10 units compared to my 5 and his damn shamans and goblins reduce my guys to a pulp before i've even really had a chance. His ogres (39) make a real mess of my army and my usual phantom on the griffins wont work because they are killed in 2 turns using (target) I can shackle his units but it's doing nothing for me really as his units make mincemeat of my guys lol

Joke

Last edited by Kings Bounty Hunter; 11-17-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Approved Member

Ok, since you're using the same class as mine, i'd like to give some input for your reference. Most people indeed complaint about scrounger, i agree that she is one of the hardest enemy. And paladin is the least liked class of all 3.

Here some long tips.

As paladin (general tips):
1. You won't have destructive black hole or any mass destruction spell as good as a mage.
2. So the key in your playstyle is units.
3. But again, you also don't have initial rage start as a warrior.
4. So unit combination is really important too. There are more combinations than the one that i'd recomend, again this is for paladin.
5. Manipulating unit placement is a key.
6. That being said, manipulating unit placement means that summoner units are very useful. Pet dragon wall ability also very useful.
7. Paladin often rely on setup opening games in early turns (turn 1-3). Unit that helps you do this are those that can disable, preferably those that can mass disable. Like dryads, faun, wolves, witch hunter, ancient ent/ent (entangle), etc.
8. Yep, paladin opening game is the trickiest of all 3 classes.
9. Most unit that helps in setup game usually have low initiative, so for this unit to succesfully help you in setting your opening, you need Caution 3 or Adrenaline 3 (i recomend both).
10. Most of the time, you need to spread your damage if you're forced to play defensive, i mean distribute it evenly on your enemy stacks, in other words, don't focus in killing 1 stack then move to the other, instead damage all of them evenly.
11. If you aim for non no loss game, it's really no brainer, just cast target on toughest tank or sometimes fastest tank, then do anything you want.

And againts scrounger, use pet dragon egg for more unit. Must have insanely high attack if you're not using lv 5 unit (a minimum of 30), and must have very high defence (25 is minimum) for no loss game (forget defence if you do non no loss game).

Must have at least one tank, preferably paladin, at max mastery, its defense can become almost as high as black dragon, not to mention good phys resistance. You can also bring 2nd tank, in case your paladin is beyond revivable for no loss, switch the tanking role to the 2nd.

Stone skin and disabler spells (preferably target) are a must, divine armor is optional, if you have phys resistance items, you can forget divine armor. Archmage magic shield can substitute for divine armor, though magic shield + divine armor + stone skin is absolute bad ass. As for target, it instantly disable goblin shaman (most dangerous threat) and the rest of her ranged unit.

Ok, but she also has blood shaman, indeed she is. But remember that blood shaman astral attack is much weaker than goblin shaman, so you can ignore this one, or if you want to disable both shamans at once, you need a disabler unit (like i said in the general tips, opening is trickiest with this class), preferably dryads in this case, as in turn 1 you can sleep goblin shaman while sheeping or blinding blood shaman, then turn 2 cast target. Not to mention dryads summons are far stronger than royal griffins in term of damage output, and it isn't limited to 1 charge, of course the purpose of summon is more to unit placement manipulating than helping to do damage. For unit placement manipulation, consider pet dragon wall too.

You need to disable blood shaman if you have 0 astral resistance, if you have 50 or more, you can ignore this orc at early to mid turns, though remember that this orc must be killed quickly too, as it can cast astral attack more than once (goblin shaman only has 1 charge). Also, dryad has 50% chance to make enemy's talent spent, perhaps if you manage to sneak your dryads to attack goblin shaman, you can make their astal attack spent, meaning it's gone forever. She can also make ogre, orc chieftain and blood shaman talent spent, all those three talent has a minimum reload of 2 turn, meaning that you can disable one stack's talent all the time if you attack it continously, each 2 turn dryad is guaranteed to disable a unit talent if you attack it in previous turn (remember the chance is 50%).

Most dangerous threat now lies in ogres and orc chieftains and goblin thrower poison. Though unit placement can deal with that, but remember that they will focus your paladin. Watch out for goblin poison, it's the most dangerous threat, even more than ogres and orc chieftains, you'll see that it is this poison that do the most damage to your paladin. If you bring secondary tank, feel free to switch the tanking role.

Now you must kill those goblin thrower and blood shaman asap, that's why for this combination, unit that has Area attack and no retaliation is your damage dealer (like dragons, any ranged unit, any caster, etc), you can also use goblin thrower or goblin shaman as your damage dealer (they do insane damage). The rest of the step is just a rinse and repeat of all the above.

Another combination is using droids and disabler and of course damage dealer (preferably ranged unit or those that has no retaliation), probably the easiest of all, being resistant to poison and physical damage, and easily revivable. The strategy is a slight modification of the above. Some people tried heavy lv 5 units, though i never saw it myself.

Remember that this is only for your reference.

Last edited by atlatea; 11-18-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

What about T'hau's area attack atlea? he casts every 3/4 times despite my unit infront of his unprotected hand.

thanks for the response btw

??????????????? The most extraordinary thing has happened.

Hang on this deserves it's on thread.

Last edited by Kings Bounty Hunter; 11-25-2010 at 11:37 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Approved Member

You're welcome.

Againts k'tahu,

You can lower the chance/possibility of his area attack.

You must always have a unit in front of his normal hand (his blind spot), this force him to move/switch position.

However K'tahu cannot move (switch position) 2 times in a row, so after he switch his position, be prepared for lizardmen summoning or area attack.

Assuming there are no lizardmen units in the battlefield (i mean k'tahu's lizardmen), the posibilities are 50% chance of summoning lizardmen and 50% chance of area attack.

Another possibility arise if you have your unit in front of his iron hand, it become like this: 33% chance of summoning lizardmen, 33% chance of area attack, 33% chance of punching your unit which stand in front of his iron hand.

Try to not use your real units to stand in front of his iron hand, use summoned units.

Posibilites are altered if there are k'tahu's lizardmen in the battlefield or you have more than 5 stacks.

The presence of k'tahu lizardmen lower the possibility of lizardmen summoning and increase the possibility of the other 2, in other words increasing the possibilty of area attack.

That's why clear/kill all k'tahu's lizardmen stacks as soon as possible.

More than 5 stacks in the battlefield means increasing the possibilty of area attack. So make sure you don't summon too many units.

As with all other bosses, try to kill k'tahu in 10 turns (that is my personal standard though), maximum is 15 turns, more than this usually = severe casualty on your side.

Last edited by atlatea; 11-25-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:20 PM
Approved Member

Are you lads kiting your way to Verona (if possible) before having a fight? I can get as far as Rusty Anchor but i'm really struggling here without the 1 GD as there are no pirates

lvl 10 mage btw using
1 rune mage
1 cyclops
8 paladins
21 inq
4 archmages