Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:11 AM
Approved Member

How am I a noob? A noob of what exactly? Because I don't sit there slack-jawed at the pretty graphics makes me a noob? Just because you have a weird hard-on for this arcade game and decide to get defensive is no need for name calling. Nothing I said was untrue. Clearly some of you guys like this game for the graphics, as has been stated by yourselves many times over. I think it's funny that the WoP fanboys are calling other people fanboys because not everyone agrees with them. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

To be clear, I have nothing against the WoP/BoP devs and wish them luck. I've not kept up with the patches (are they trying to patch it up to a proper sim?), but the last I checked it's just a pretty arcade game, using watered down assets from the IL-2 series but with oversaturated, whiz-bang graphics, originally made for consoles and then offered to the PC community under a slightly different guise. I fail to see how supporting this game furthers the sim community in any significant way. It's for a whole other gaming niche entirely.

Sims are arguably a dying breed, but this certainly is not the direction I want to see them go. A "Sim-lite" or a sim-"ish" arcade game like BoP does not interest me at all. Either it's a true sim or it isn't. Don't wallow in-between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Hsqn Protos View Post
Haha ... Just goes to show that some people are no account noobs.

Just downloaded the new P40 and I LOVED it. Show some love to this game and it will reward you. I haven't had his much fun since Forgotten Battles.
________
Launch box

Last edited by Necrobaron; 04-26-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:38 AM
Approved Member

SoW fanboys are setting themselves up for disappointment. People are acting like SoW is going to ship with a brainchip - it's still a game folks, there will be hundreds of things that you will be able to point out that are unrealistic about SoW, just look at the screenshot discussions. Heck I have yet to even see a "flat-bottom" cloud in a SoW screen shot.

*inspired a post for update thread*
Old 12-27-2009, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

Who is acting like SoW will be perfect upon release?

Just a hunch, but flawed or not, I'm guessing SoW ships with a far more advanced flight and damage model than any WWII flight sim to date. I know the all important flat bottom clouds might be absent upon release, but I'm sure they'll be patched in later. If that's not acceptable I'm sure BoP will oblige because...geez...it's pretty!
________
SchoolGirls

Last edited by Necrobaron; 04-26-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

1) I wouldn`t make any judgment on how SOW will look like just yet and especially compare it with the product that is already gone gold.
2) Comparing a brand new product to 9 year old sim is kinda silly.. Needless to say that IL-2 is still superior to WOP in few departments as was already mentioned.
3) I would love for WOP to succeed, and i hope that developers will not stop in the process of closing the gap between flight sim wannabe and the actual flight sim.
4) Don`t think for a second that Maddox is scared of competition, he will only welcome it... and you know who will win at the end? Us, and only us.
5) Yes, i bought WOP and i think developers did an excellent job and i have a feeling that they will do much more to please air combat junkies. I can only wish them best of luck in their venture.

and finally...
6) Yes i am still alive and kicking Happy New Year all
Old 12-27-2009, 07:02 AM
Approved Member

Hey, you guys who like to play with "BoP" or "WoP" should have some fun and enjoy yourself....but whats with the bad mouthing of "SoW"? Why do you need to tear down "SoW" just to justify your enjoyment of "BoP"? I think thats kind of lame...
Old 12-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrobaron View Post
How am I a noob? A noob of what exactly? Because I don't sit there slack-jawed at the pretty graphics makes me a noob? Just because you have a weird hard-on for this arcade game and decide to get defensive is no need for name calling. Nothing I said was untrue. Clearly some of you guys like this game for the graphics, as has been stated by yourselves many times over. I think it's funny that the WoP fanboys are calling other people fanboys because not everyone agrees with them. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black...

To be clear, I have nothing against the WoP/BoP devs and wish them luck. I've not kept up with the patches (are they trying to patch it up to a proper sim?), but the last I checked it's just a pretty arcade game, using watered down assets from the IL-2 series but with oversaturated, whiz-bang graphics, originally made for consoles and then offered to the PC community under a slightly different guise. I fail to see how supporting this game furthers the sim community in any significant way. It's for a whole other gaming niche entirely.

Sims are arguably a dying breed, but this certainly is not the direction I want to see them go. A "Sim-lite" or a sim-"ish" arcade game like BoP does not interest me at all. Either it's a true sim or it isn't. Don't wallow in-between.

In all honesty you seem to know nothing about the game. I respect your opinion but you have never played WOP. Who in the freakin world is telling you its a arcade game ? Thats such BS its a freakin Riot !

Let me ask you this, When was the last time you saw a Arcade game with full left Aileron trim, Aileron right trim , evelator trim, Full flap control, full Prop pitch control, Fuel mixture control, wheel brake, open and close cowl, Full engine managment clear down to the supercharger, Spins , Stalls, Red outs, Black outs, When you pull G's the force pulls your head around in the plane more realistic then any other sim I have ever played. A Amazing game wind engine , where every close pass of any plan ( PROP WASH) throws you around , even your own prop wash from the ground when you dive to close can wreak you in a tenth of a second.

Really, I'm floored that you call this a arcade game. The only reason I call it a light Simulation game is because there is no Mission editor yet and I say yet because the Dev's are looking to make one.

I have played Sims for 30+ years, I am as Hard core as any Sim Fan out there. I play Black Shark like it is going out of style on full sim settings.
I play ROF every other day and Il2 1946 (AAA) still atleast 15 hrs a week.

Who in the Hell is telling you this is a arcade game ? Where did you get that from ? Its just like Il2 1946, You can tweak the settings from a arcade style clear to full simulation. Its no different.
I really think someone gave you some Bad info on WOP.
I wouldn't be playing it if it was a arcade game, even if it was full mind blowing photo realism with the graphics !

Now don't take this post as any kind of attack against you, Please don't ,,because Its not one in any way. I respect your opinion and your right to voice that opinion, its just your so off base in your comments here that its really almost funny. I don't find it funny though, because I'm getting the feeling that your just miss informed about WOP.
If I come across as blunt, its mostly my complete and Utter Shock that you and others call this game a Arcade game.

And,
As for whoever it was that called you a noob, well thats just BS too. You don't even know anything about Necrobaron.

PS , And anyone who isn't looking forward to SOW ,,, WELL GO JUMP IN A NEAR FROZEN LAKE ! LOL If you aren't looking forward to SOW then you shouldn't even be here ! Even if SOW has some issue on launch, OLEG will fix them and it will become a legendary WWII sim. Thats one thing I 'll bet on.

DESODE

Last edited by Desode; 12-27-2009 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
Hey, you guys who like to play with "BoP" or "WoP" should have some fun and enjoy yourself....but whats with the bad mouthing of "SoW"? Why do you need to tear down "SoW" just to justify your enjoyment of "BoP"? I think thats kind of lame...
It`s like calling unborn baby ugly... i guess some can judge just by looking at the sonogram
Old 12-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970 View Post
It`s like calling unborn baby ugly... i guess some can judge just by looking at the sonogram
S~! My brother from another mother !!!

No but you can see birth defects
Old 12-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Hsqn Protos View Post
S~! My brother from another mother !!!

No but you can see birth defects
Birth defects would have something to do with birth That`s why they call them birth defects... no?
Old 12-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

S~! CrazyIvan

In honor of your return to the forums. I will this one time let you slide.

Welcome back Bro and a very Happy New Year to you and all who bought Wings of Prey.

P.S
Can't wait to flame you in W.o.P tommorow