Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

I don't ever recall the German cockpits being promised and I've never been under the impression they would be included in the patch.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zg26 View Post
I don't ever recall the German cockpits being promised and I've never been under the impression they would be included in the patch.
They said they would make German cockpits from the very beginning, and had most of us believe they'd be in the patch. I might find a quote, but I'm too lazy atm.

On a side note, I'm glad people keep on showing how much they appreciate the community of this forum, even though they think the game is broken, and keep repeating that.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered Member

I can't believe some people think this game is broken, play more video games and you'll see that IL2 is no where near the level of "broken" when compared to other games from other developers. cough, cough...ea games
Old 11-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by durangodoug View Post
I can't believe some people think this game is broken, play more video games and you'll see that IL2 is no where near the level of "broken" when compared to other games from other developers. cough, cough...ea games
Please tell me which.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post

I'm a VERY experienced Flight Simmer, I LOVE my flightsims, I LOVE IL-2 Series on the PC, But the xbox release was nothing short of an insult, and they let themselves down badly, partly by releasing a half finished game with no cockpits, which they arent even going to release as promised. but also they elt themselves down by hiring a simply AWEFUL publishing company.
And herein lies the problem I think.

Here's a different point of veiw.
I haven't played a 'proper' flight sim since CFS2. I stopped buying PC games because of the constant upgrades needed etc.

I bought a playstaion and never looked back.
Since that day I've been waiting for a console flight sim type of game and have bought many over the years PS2 and 3 only to be dissapointed.

I saw IL-2 on the shelf on it's day of release and wondered if this may be the one.. And it is, by far the best flight'sim' game on a console that I've played.

I've played hundreds of online arcade matches and have had the more enjoyment out of this game than any other game I've played online. Bought COD6/MW2/Franchise expansion, and whilst it's a good game there is nowhere near the depth that you get in even an online IL-2 game.

I'm so bored by the 'hardcore' brigade banging on about all of the flaws and faults and technicallities...

Get yourselves into a good 5 a side arcade match kill some planes, get killed have a laugh.

To comapre the console version against the PC version is futile. Different animals, different market.

So to the people who made this I'd like to say thanks coz I've had a great time playing it. And I will continue to. To anyone who's thinking of trading in their copy of the game I would urge you to do it, it's useless just sat there, someone will pick it up cheap and play it.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:31 PM
Registered Member

Although he states he doesn't care, I have to agree with HOUSE MD on this issue. Those bugs and missing functionalities (please don't forget the messy flightstick setup) and other issues, which have been mentioned a lot of times now in various threads, do make this game certainly not perfect as some people try to believe.
So, I still hope this patch will arrive, if not I will avoid any 1C games, as I donot accept the way they treat their customers.
Hope to see some of you in an online game, if no error message appears.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:45 PM
Approved Member

Comparing BOP console to a PC version is OK but this is the first and only title attempt at a WW2 combat sim for a market dominated by Arcade style games. I have a drawer full of PC games that will not work on my PC because of issues with memory, processor, wrong Graphics card or one not supported, thats what I call useless never mind 'broken'!
Buy BOP, slap it into your console and it works and you know it will work, in that respect alone its money well spent! How well it works is down to the individual but for me its a no hassle purchase that has given me hours of enjoyment which is how I evaluate a title. Being realistic is not the same as being deluded!
Old 11-20-2009, 09:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by House MD 221B View Post
Please tell me which.
EA... The Battlefield series. One of the best shooters made (better than MW2 IMO), but the mics are so broken...

O, and NFS: Shift. I don't think any game will fail as hard as that on again. There's a pic somewhere on the net where somebodys X-BOX was trying to connect to the Playstation Network to play online. XD
Old 11-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX-SiLeNCE-Xx View Post
EA... The Battlefield series. One of the best shooters made (better than MW2 IMO), but the mics are so broken...

O, and NFS: Shift. I don't think any game will fail as hard as that on again. There's a pic somewhere on the net where somebodys X-BOX was trying to connect to the Playstation Network to play online. XD
lmao
i thought bf1943 was decent for its price but it seriously needs an artilery vehicle, bomber turrets and dlc
Old 11-21-2009, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Default No your missing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteStates View Post
If you're placing so much emphasis on the patch, I think you're missing the point of the game and would probably be better off playing MW2 or something instead. Because that game is in no need of any patching whatsoever.

If you can't have fun with the game as is, then the patch isn't going to fix that for you.
The game it self is fine .OK GOT IT .THE problem is the COMMUNITY and the fact that we have no one to play with the ONLY thing that my get it back is the update .OK got it ,or is there a way I can draw you a picture...