Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 02-14-2013, 11:46 AM
Approved Member

Oh i get 'stuck' in combat all the time. Not really a new bug; one easy way to get there is place a chest using rage skill that is blocked from the next attacker. Then of course the ai gets stuck most of the time and yuo ahve to exit and reload. While that one is common there are other ways to confuse the ai into an endless loop of being stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimovfr View Post
New one to submit...

A bit of description first : I'm playing as a Viking, lvl 46. As for the main quest, I'm located in Arlania, just talked to Archmage Rezo, have to "Stop Guilford". I'm not sure this info is valuable but who knows....

A new bug occured last week (after the penultimate patch). It occurs very often when I play with orcs, (not seen with humans nor elves) :

Goblins shamans
Shamans
Orc chieftains
Veteran Orcs
Goblins with catapults

During the fights, at the beginning of a turn (2nd, 3rd, 4th, never the same), the hourglass icon keeps on turning and turning again... as though the game A.I. is freezed in some infinite loop function.... and all I can do is reload my saved game (I would like to thank the F5 Quick Save creator ..). Sometimes playing the same fight again will be ok, and sometimes the bug occurs again....

I think it happens when I fight against undead, but I might be wrong, since I had a lot of undead armies to defeat recently, and very few others...

Hope the developpers will have a look at that, it became very annoying...
Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 PM
Approved Member

Really weird, Jake, since I'm sure I was not stuck that way 15 days ago, and moreover it only happens with orcs (that's one intel I'm really sure of...).

I will check the "rage chest" explanation tonight... what do you mean by "that is blocked from the next attacker" ? Do you mean you have to drop it off just beside the next attacking mob ? My bug only occurs at the very beginning of a turn, not during a turn, that would mean I might not have the same loop as you ....

Anyway, is there any "log file" that can be activated in the game ?? Or any file I could transmit to anybody for debugging ?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Approved Member

You put it in a location where the next attacker (who meets the requirement to pick up the chest) can't reach it. Note that if you have the beta patches I'm told that the recent one broke the chest completely and attackers will no longer pick it up at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimovfr View Post
Really weird, Jake, since I'm sure I was not stuck that way 15 days ago, and moreover it only happens with orcs (that's one intel I'm really sure of...).

I will check the "rage chest" explanation tonight... what do you mean by "that is blocked from the next attacker" ? Do you mean you have to drop it off just beside the next attacking mob ? My bug only occurs at the very beginning of a turn, not during a turn, that would mean I might not have the same loop as you ....

Anyway, is there any "log file" that can be activated in the game ?? Or any file I could transmit to anybody for debugging ?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

The game has been running smoothly until today. I played just now for maybe 2 hours and it crashed to desktop about 5 times. Any idea?
Old 02-15-2013, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

Just read through what I've missed and it doesn't seem like too much since the hotfix. Let me know if you guys are still getting issues with anything that's been fixed per these hotfix notes.

Otherwise it looks like people are having hangups during combat and there's a problem where offering gifts to valkyries and then loading it does not reset the counter for how many gifts you have. Did I miss anything else?

RE hangups, another potential cause is old mods installed. Look inside your folders (typically King`s Bounty - Warriors of the North\sessions\addon) and make sure you're not using any old .kfs packs with .lua files inside of them. For example, I was using the mod to show you spell upgrade information in a tooltip but I didn't realize it had old lua files packed into it. Once I got rid of it, no more hangups.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

I apologize if this ends up in the wrong place, but I couldn't think of a better spot to post it, and no one else appears to have encountered the same issue recently.

Ever since the most recent steam patch, my current savegame (created on build 6250, the one released on Dec 6th) has not been awarding the proper amount of experience for a completed battle. I've instead been getting a very, very small amount of experience regardless of the size of the battle I complete. Loading previous saves have all encountered the same bug. I have not attempted to start a new game. Not long after launch, I heard of someone having a similar issue after obtaining the "Learning" talent. My current savegame does have rank 3 of learning, but I had never encountered this bug beforehand.

Is this bug at all fixable, or should I look to be starting a new game again? I can provide exact details about XP awards and/or the savegame file, if that's needed.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered Member

Talking Could WoTN support 2560*1080(21:9) display resolution?

Hi,
I'm flsxm, a fan of king's bounty from China. I really love King's bounty.
I bought all the King's bounty games(Legend, Princess,Crossworld and WoTN) from steam, and the WoTN is Valhalla Edition! You can understand how I love your KB series!
However, this series have a common problem to me. The characters seem too small in my laptop. So, I bought a 29-inch Monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2913WM) to play my favorite games. When I got my big monitor, I was happy to see what will happen. Sadly, WoTN cannot support 2560*1080......
It's making me kinda angry. Heroes VI can support, Disciples III rebirth can support, Victoria II and Crusade Kings II can support, Even Heroes V can support!!
Please help me! If this is not an exceedingly difficult technological problem, please support this resolution. I bought this monitor for WoTN, and other games have supported this resolution.
I hope WoTN Dev can see this topic, and give me reply ASAP. Thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsxm View Post
Hi,
I'm flsxm, a fan of king's bounty from China. I really love King's bounty.
I bought all the King's bounty games(Legend, Princess,Crossworld and WoTN) from steam, and the WoTN is Valhalla Edition! You can understand how I love your KB series!
However, this series have a common problem to me. The characters seem too small in my laptop. So, I bought a 29-inch Monitor (Dell UltraSharp U2913WM) to play my favorite games. When I got my big monitor, I was happy to see what will happen. Sadly, WoTN cannot support 2560*1080......
It's making me kinda angry. Heroes VI can support, Disciples III rebirth can support, Victoria II and Crusade Kings II can support, Even Heroes V can support!!
Please help me! If this is not an exceedingly difficult technological problem, please support this resolution. I bought this monitor for WoTN, and other games have supported this resolution.
I hope WoTN Dev can see this topic, and give me reply ASAP. Thanks!
Have you tried manually editing the game.ini file inside your "User/Documents" folder?

Code:
setf ~screenresoultionx 2560
setf ~screenresoultiony 1080
Old 02-20-2013, 02:18 AM
Registered Member

Hello

I have recently bought the game from steam, and very much enjoyed it. But after 30 or so hours in the game I've ran into a serious bug - my (total) rage points decreased by around a third or so (used to be 84 or so, then all of a sudden dropped to 50). I can't cast some of my abilities due to not having enough max rage for them.

I have no idea what triggered it. I suspect that it happened after I bought and used the spell calm rage during a battle, or after rage skill level-up I chose an upgrade for my wall of ice that increased its hp from 500 to 1000. At any rate I was wondering if it was possible to edit a hex or a value in my save file that would revert my rage points to what they were before, as my character is very much martial oriented and relies heavily on rage skills.

I'm pretty sure that I did not change any equipment or assign a different valkyrie.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 AM
Approved Member

did you use calm rage? that one is bugged, permanently removes rage