Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 01-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdamascus View Post
Probably working as designed. Blind is dispelled whenever the unit takes damage. If you pre-burn a unit, then blind them, it will only last one round as they will take damage from burn/poison/cold, thus, dispelling blind.

Or if you hit them, that will naturally dispel blind as well.
Ahh I see, I had no idea the elemental effects would dispel blind. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

@kenchen722
Quote:
Ahh I see, I had no idea the elemental effects would dispel blind. Thanks for the explanation.
As you named this `elemental` effect, it gave me idea. Casting on some unit blind, make it unable to move/attack/use special ability. Why ???
If some1 is blind, that doesnt make him/her statue in that place. It still can function, but without line of sight or vision where it will act.
Is this even possible ? To make blind to cause unit to act uncontrollable in random direction but not like berserk to attack closest unit ally/foe. Blinded unit can move/defend/use ability that is in aoe or cast single target on some random unit ally/foe but cant make direct attack on enemy since it cant see it.
So expl : enemy hero blind your inquisitors and there is chance for them to just move, to cast holy anger on one random stack on WHOLE arena ally or enemy , or it can randomly use resurrect on some random stack that had losses since start of battle.

Is this idea to crazy or not ?
Old 01-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Blind in King's Bounty, at least since the reboot with the Legend, has always been working more like what most RPG's call "Sleep" (in fact, it works exactly like Sleep (like Bear Hibernation) in Kings Bounty itself, except it doesn't work on Eyeless creatures).

If it were up to me, I'd just rename the spell as "Sleep" and create a new "Blind" spell which would probably disable ranged attacks / abilities instead (basically assuming that the other senses would still allow the target to locate enemies in melee range).
But then again, they've just been rolling with this mechanic since the Legend, and while its confusing, it doesn't really affect the gameplay.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

The item Amulet of Death [dead_amulet] is specified as being part of a set that was deleted from this game. The set is "Set of the Dead" [set_deadman] that was in the Armored Princess game, but has been removed from this game. The link to it from this item should also be removed.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

I think I have read about this somewhere before, so I suspect this will be a repetition. The item Game of Bones [dice] does not work when you try to use it. You will get a dialog box, but nothing will happen after that, no matter if you select OK or Cancel.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Approved Member

The description of the item Optimization Module [droid_card_best] should be changed from:
"+25% Resistance of Droids"
to
"+25% Magic Resistance to Droids ".

Source:
rbonus=magic,25,0,0,-100,0,0
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Prince's Crown does not give +500 Leadership bonus. Enemy's cerberus is attacking its own Gremlin tower's.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Updates:
  • Added Avrelii Gauntlet to Items
  • Added Game of Bones to Items
  • Added Amulet of the Dead to Items
  • Added Kerus's Sword to Items
  • Added Ogre Club to Text & Descriptions
  • Added Optimization Module to Text & Descriptions

Ivra, thanks for the detail on most of those - and when you have a minute, can you check if the Prince's Crown has any bugs in the code regarding its 500 leadership?

I think I'm all caught up now, if I missed something please let me know. I'm not following too close these days until they fix my poison cloud.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
and when you have a minute, can you check if the Prince's Crown has any bugs in the code regarding its 500 leadership?
Just did it, and it worked for me. I equipped the Prince's Crown [chaos_crown] and my Leadership was increased with 500. The code looks ok too. I am using 6250. Can it be and older version

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelotcrusade View Post
I think I'm all caught up now, if I missed something please let me know. I'm not following too close these days until they fix my poison cloud.
Yes, this one:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...postcount=1006

Also, I guess I am luckier than you. I am using poison cloud all the time and it has never crashed. If you like you can upload a save game that I can try. If it crash for me too then the reason should be hero-related. Some items or skills that does not work together. If I do not experience a crash, I believe it is PC related.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:05 AM
Registered Member

Where would I go about uploading a save to have it looked at? I've seen notes about that in other places as well...