Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Not a bad idea... I'll have to have look at the mission builder.

I've been using the cross country mission and changing the plane to a 109 but your suggestion would also help me to get used to the german airfields...... and work out where the field ends and the strip begins! (That is the main problem.... apart from the hideous wind conditions you mentioned.... well.... I tell a lie... I think the MAIN problem is that I probably held my breath for too long as a child )
Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
Not a bad idea... I'll have to have look at the mission builder.

I've been using the cross country mission and changing the plane to a 109 but your suggestion would also help me to get used to the german airfields...... and work out where the field ends and the strip begins! (That is the main problem.... apart from the hideous wind conditions you mentioned.... well.... I tell a lie... I think the MAIN problem is that I probably held my breath for too long as a child )

Very easy:

select extras/select FMB/select "file" at the top tool bar/choose "load map"/select "English channel-1940"/select "view" at the top tool bar/select "object browser"/choose your aircraft/holding left mouse down and holding shift key down, draw a square around an airfield, you could use the same one as ATAG/hold left mouse down and Ctrl key down on the runway to place your aircraft/do that again at the other end of the runway/ select "waypoint" in the object browser/choose "previous" and set that to takeoff...thats it your done for now, take off!.....make sure take off and landings is set in your difficulties settings or it will be an airstart.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-03-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Very easy:

select extras/select FMB/select "file" at the top tool bar/choose "load map"/select "English channel-1940"/select "view" at the top tool bar/select "object browser"/choose your aircraft/holding left mouse down and holding shift key down, draw a square around an airfield, you could use the same one as ATAG/hold left mouse down and Ctrl key down on the runway to place your aircraft/do that again at the other end of the runway/ select "waypoint" in the object browser/choose "previous" and set that to takeoff...thats it your done for now, take off!.....make sure take off and landings is set in your difficulties settings or it will be an airstart.

Oh yeah, that's intuitive all right...

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 04-03-2012, 04:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Very easy:

Cheers SlipBall! I know what I'll be doing tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post

PMSL

EDIT: Hmmmm..... ok...... followed your instructions, Slipball, and when I loaded up the mission, the plane was set to external view and promptly took off and landed whilst I was putting the kettle on. LOL How do I make the plane player controlled and not AI?

EDIT NUMBER TWO: Don't worry... it suddenly works now. LOL This is such a weird bit of programming.... I'm convinced this game is possessed by satan.

Last edited by Volksieg; 04-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post

With your long history here I'm a bit surprised "intuitive"...you already know how this is done, because this type of mission building is the same as the earlier game. Just helping the others

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-03-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
How do I make the plane player controlled and not AI?
There is a "player" checkbox in aircraft properties (RMB click >> Properties >> aircraft tab).

You can also press ALT-F1 in game while watching any aircraft from external views to enter it as a pilot. ALT-F2 to exit. Aircraft switching must be allowed in difficulty/realism options.

Last edited by Ataros; 04-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
There is a "player" checkbox in aircraft properties (RMB click >> Properties >> aircraft tab).
Thank you sir!...of course I would forget the important thing

Old 04-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

Old 04-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Cheers guys! Very much appreciated!

I'm wondering.... is there a way, yet, to record and use radio messages? Something I have noticed is that there is a severe lack of tutorial missions out there that guide you through flight with full CEM. Once I have the knack of it and can pull off some nifty stunts etc, I thought it would be rather fun to create some for a few of the planes where the "Instructor" tells you what rpm you need, when to close your radiator, climb to a specific height etc.....

Another question (My curiosity has been sparked! Thanks Slipball!)... if I set AI enemies, do I need to turn their aggression on or will the attack etc on sight?

If the moderators feel they need to move this clump of posts.... feel free, of course.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Cheers guys! Very much appreciated!

I'm wondering.... is there a way, yet, to record and use radio messages? Something I have noticed is that there is a severe lack of tutorial missions out there that guide you through flight with full CEM. Once I have the knack of it and can pull off some nifty stunts etc, I thought it would be rather fun to create some for a few of the planes where the "Instructor" tells you what rpm you need, when to close your radiator, climb to a specific height etc.....

Another question (My curiosity has been sparked! Thanks Slipball!)... if I set AI enemies, do I need to turn their aggression on or will the attack etc on sight?

If the moderators feel they need to move this clump of posts.... feel free, of course.

1. try this, I haven't viewed it yet, but it may help you
http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.ph...ml#Post3548166

2. maybe, I'm not sure

3. yes, but they are dumb as a door knob