Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 11-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Approved Member

Wicked server guys im getting 88ms ping which is good enough for me considering im on the west coast. So it is perfect.

And yes good times indeed.

Flying around at 5k I was finidng it impossible to spot targets flying below me but soon i noticed a Spitfire heading towards a formation so i dived and snuck in below an blasted him with cannons at close range. He flipped on his belly and dove to the deck. I then regained altitude but noticed another spit up higher, he got the bounce on me and i split s and ran for home but then shortly i tried to regain altitude but got bounced again...this time i just dived and went for home. But it didnt stop there i noticed a wellington with both engines oput peacefully gliding over the sea....I made a few bnz passes on it and then when it splashed down in the ocean i headed for home and made a great 3 point landing.

First real mission was a good one.

Last edited by SIDWULF; 11-11-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:34 AM
Approved Member

Had a great time flying tonight. Picked up a wingman from teamspeak (George Preddy) and we flew some tight sorties, picking up a few enemy craft.

Red flyers need to get on TS! The German side is far too organized for us to keep going up alone
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 11-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post

Red flyers need to get on TS! The German side is far too organized for us to keep going up alone
...maybe you're overestimating Blue side organization. Yesterday I flew 1hour and half alone in Blue TS channel losing precious minutes of fuel and... memory leak looking for enemies or visually identifying contacts. I had fun anyway, but with some coordinated mates in comms it could have been much better. C'mon, don't be shy, don't mind about wives jeering comments (they will never understand in any case...), and populate the TS channel !
Old 11-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Approved Member

I never go on without a few of my virtual homies from II/JG53.
We of course have our own TS server. Lots of fun ganging up on a lone red/bad guy!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:13 AM
Approved Member

Has there been some major rescripting on the ATAG server missions to reduce the number of objects ? The reason I ask was I lasted 1 hour 20 earlier today with significant less use of memory and no crash, even with 49 players on line.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
I never go on without a few of my virtual homies from II/JG53.
We of course have our own TS server. Lots of fun ganging up on a lone red/bad guy!
No doubt about it. You're one of the lucky guy who has enough time to follow a virtual unit activity. That's not me any more .
The call was dedicated to lone hunters
Old 11-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
Has there been some major rescripting on the ATAG server missions to reduce the number of objects ? The reason I ask was I lasted 1 hour 20 earlier today with significant less use of memory and no crash, even with 49 players on line.
No, the amount of objects has stayed the same. I've done some bug fixing only. I have been messing around with netspeed on the server though. Coincidence maybe?

Also, jaydee flew around for 3 hours last night (roughly 20 players) without a crash. He said he downloaded a memory booster program and has it set to refresh his memory every 120 seconds. I've tried lowering the clock settings on my GPUs based on another thread I saw, and had no effect on CTDs. Possibly all placebo effects, but some of this stuff may be worth trying.

And as you can see by my sig, steam is screwing up. It's been stuck on the same player count for almost 20 hours now. Here's hoping for some new info from the dev team soon!

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 11-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
And as you can see by my sig, steam is screwing up. It's been stuck on the same player count for almost 20 hours now. Here's hoping for some new info from the dev team soon!
Probably something to do with Steam being hacked.

No.401 Squadron Forum

Old 11-11-2011, 02:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
No doubt about it. You're one of the lucky guy who has enough time to follow a virtual unit activity. That's not me any more .
The call was dedicated to lone hunters
Seems we have a lot more lone hunters on the Brit side of things. I invariably get hit by the wingman when I think I've got the jump on a lonely 109. Makes for very frustrating evenings!

Still fun though

No.401 Squadron Forum

Old 11-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Approved Member

What program has Jaydee used ?