Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 03-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Thanks B6 for this "mini" update.

Some screenshoots. Cool
ASUS GTX 680 TOP
Corsair 16GB RAM
Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas
Saitek Pro Rudder
Track IR 5

SB Audigy 2 ZS
Old 03-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Thanks B6
Old 04-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Approved Member

Default Fresh stuff from sukhoi.ru

1st beta patch (which is hopefully coming soon) will contain new engine only, no other fixes. AA is coming but later. 2nd beta or release will contain bug fixes but no ETA for it yet.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
1st beta patch (which is hopefully coming soon) will contain new engine only, no other fixes. AA is coming but later. 2nd beta or release will contain bug fixes but no ETA for it yet.
we can wait for other fixes for now... hope to see it soon
Asus Xonar DX
Asrock 870 extreme3
Windows7 x64 Ultimate
Saitek X52pro (stick modded) - Saitek rudder pedals - SteelSeries Siberia V2 headset
Freetrack ps3eye
Samsung 23" SyncMaster XL2370
Old 04-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
It strange that they know things like that and don't tell us for it?
but no AA yet

But thanks Ataros for the news.

Last edited by Kankkis; 04-03-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

I understand totally that the Devs taking things slow and don't want to rush an uncomplete patch out, but I'm asking myself if it is too complicated to release a "normal" patch with several bugfixes now.
Maybe the new version of the sound engine or just the small fixes which can be solved during some minutes (as luthier stated a while ago). Fixing the compass in the Ju-88 etc.

I mean I am completely unknowing in terms of software programming, but I thought one of the benefits of Steam are the easy way to implement a new update into the game.
If these kind of changes to the game ar not nexessarily connected with the new engine this would have been a great way to avoid some bad temper.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by III/JG53_Don View Post
I understand totally that the Devs taking things slow and don't want to rush an uncomplete patch out, but I'm asking myself if it is too complicated to release a "normal" patch with several bugfixes now.
Maybe the new version of the sound engine or just the small fixes which can be solved during some minutes (as luthier stated a while ago). Fixing the compass in the Ju-88 etc.

I mean I am completely unknowing in terms of software programming, but I thought one of the benefits of Steam are the easy way to implement a new update into the game.
If these kind of changes to the game ar not nexessarily connected with the new engine this would have been a great way to avoid some bad temper.
I guess the performance stuff is too interwoven with all the other components of the game so that if they release small fixes now they might get broken again or other stuff gets broken when the performance patch is released on top of that. I do agree though that there are TONS of smaller and bigger bugs that needs to be squashed and it would be nice if some of them will be fixed like, this year or something. I sure hope that the bug fixing patches won't take even half the time that the performance patches have. BTW, both the Ju-88 compass and the reversed He-111 needs fixing.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

I have my thumb up for CLOD and 'm sure that almost everything will be fixed in time. But from the customer's point of view it goes too far too slowly. Last patch Oktober the 17 2011. I fully understand that many things have to be rewritten and this creates new problems all the time. It is a natural process when you encode softweare. It is complicated and it sometimes happens unintended event to register. But could the concept of Patch release not happen regularly instead of large amendment cover patch?

I wish they would take a look and see how the team behind Arma2 is doing it. They are really pro and doing a gret job, beeing in contact with customers/ modders ect. And they release a lot of batas that is backward compatible with previous vertioner up to the final patch. Small fixes all time improve it all the time and its amasing how great it work. That way you can choose whether to update to the latest beta or not. I get mine from SixUpdater and the same thing cut be dane, as you mention through Steam or just mauel download.

I hope they will look that way in future. It makes more happy customers, less blah blah blah from communities in genneral and many more hour in flight online with my friends.

Happy progamming
Old 04-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I guess the performance stuff is too interwoven with all the other components of the game so that if they release small fixes now they might get broken again or other stuff gets broken when the performance patch is released on top of that. I do agree though that there are TONS of smaller and bigger bugs that needs to be squashed and it would be nice if some of them will be fixed like, this year or something. I sure hope that the bug fixing patches won't take even half the time that the performance patches have. BTW, both the Ju-88 compass and the reversed He-111 needs fixing.

The 109 too...I don't know, maybe the German's made the compass with 0 at the east position...it should be either E or 90.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kankkis View Post
It strange that they know things like that and don't tell us for it?
but no AA yet

But thanks Ataros for the news.
I noticed you are using a Radeon.... have you checked out the morphological AA in the current drivers? Just checking as I'm currently running it with no performance hit whatsoever with a resolution of 1280x720 (Rig described below...as you can probably guess, I'm waiting on this patch moreso than many others may be. LOL) and it looks like I'm running on 1600x900 (My native Res)! Worth a looksy as, due to that nifty little feature, I'm not even bothered if they ever fix AA.

Anyhoo....

Cheers for the little update B6! Hopefully it won't be too much longer but, as has been mentioned before, tis better you guys sort out the particle problems before release. Good stuff.

Last edited by Volksieg; 04-03-2012 at 12:16 PM.