Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: which would you buy?
*T.Flight Stick X 9 8.11%
*T.Flight Hotas X 57 51.35%
AV8R-03 26 23.42%
other (please state) 19 17.12%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Default Thrustmaster T-Flight X HOTAS

I just got my stick last night and can't wait to start flying for "real" this weekend! I tested the controls a bit and I highly recommend the Thrustmaster 1 layout for those using PS3.

Here's a link to Thrustmaster Layout 1 (Simulator Mode):

http://go.avforums.com/?id=223X354&u...ustmaster1.png

[NOTE]: In Arcade and/or Realistic, the Flaps button corresponds to Target Camera
[EDIT]: In Arcade and/or Realistic, the Trim button corresponds to Target select.

Here's a link to Thrustmaster Layout 2 (Simulator Mode):

http://go.avforums.com/?id=223X354&u...ustmaster2.png

Enjoy! I'll be seeing you guys in the cyber skies...here's hoping you don't see me coming!

Last edited by polyphemus_65; 10-05-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Oh i wonder if the Logitech G940 would work, probs not, but does anyone know for sure?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga.../5855&cl=us,en
Old 10-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Registered Member

Default Thurstmaster and looking around?

Couldn't find this information, so maybe someone can enlighten me...

Has the problem with thrustmasters looking around functionality been fixed? I mean e.g. looking to your 6 o'clock.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Approved Member

not yet, but an update is inbound - soon
Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

hi guys, 1st post here
I'd like to thank u guys for this forum- I bought the av8r-03 right after buying Bop since it was pretty much the only stick available in stores for ps3 in canada... and almost threw it out the window as soon as I tried it. Huge deazone, poor rudder control and no landing breaks makes phil a dull boy lol
So went through realistic missions with the control pad - had a blast - but i soon realized that the only way to play sim mode is with a stick (unless there a way to look around with the pad, is there?)

Some1 i played online with (i think his name was xxx-silence-xxx, thanks alot btw) suggested to use the thrustmaster layout with av8r on mode 1, and to come check out this forum. The config does help with the deadzone and rudder control, but screws up all the other controls layout, wich is the only advantage to using a stick imo (that and being able to look around)

then I came here and saw there was an update coming... so i decided to put the stick aside until the patch comes around instead of setting it on fire...meaning i'll prob only b playing realistic until then. I use it once in a while but its too frustrating so anybody knows when exacly is this dam update coming around: almost feel like a kid about to throw a fit in the toy isle here!!!!

so thanks again for the info
will b seeing you guys (hopefully b4 u c me) in the skies soon
cheers

Last edited by philabong2; 10-15-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Default Looking Around?

I guess I'm such a noob when it comes to flight sims that all this talk of looking around to one's 6 o'clock has me perplexed. If you are flying in simulation mode, you can look up and use the rear view mirror to scout enemies on your tail. Provided, of course, you are flying an allied (here read, 'cockpit available') plane. Granted, I don't know if you can look behind in any form in the virtual cockpit view, but I never use that view. If I'm dying to fly my BF or FW, I play on realistic. Besides, unless you are plastic man, I don't think you would be able to turn your head all the way around to your 6 o'clock in reality either so it seemed logical to me to have to depend on a mirror.

The hat switch controls the look around feature on the Thrustmaster HOTAS and I find it much easier than holding down R3 to look around, but that is an option if one is using the controller (at least on PS3)...
Old 10-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

go to frontierpc.com and order your thrustmaster joystick there. and yes it sucks that in canada we can not buy any of this stuff in the stores. same as the new logitech ff controller. only available in usa stores. i say we cut off the oil till they change their attitude.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by great gazoo View Post
go to frontierpc.com and order your thrustmaster joystick there. and yes it sucks that in canada we can not buy any of this stuff in the stores. same as the new logitech ff controller. only available in usa stores. i say we cut off the oil till they change their attitude.
Ebay is another option.

Last edited by Foot_Soldier; 10-20-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurrry View Post
Oh i wonder if the Logitech G940 would work, probs not, but does anyone know for sure?

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ga.../5855&cl=us,en
In the specifications section on the site you gave it looks like it only works for windows based systems. Sucks, it would be cool to have the pedals and all, but I don't think they have anything like that for PS3 or XBOX for that matter.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Sandylowlead

its all about the ace edge^^