Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 03:40 AM
Approved Member

If true, this would have to go down as one of the stupidest game development/publishing decsions of all time right?

I'm leaning towards it being untrue simply because it's too stupid to actually believe.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:45 AM
Approved Member

VERY disappointing if true!
But...I'll still be buying this game on release day either way...
Old 08-13-2009, 04:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I don't think he is lazy, he probably cannot comment on it.
okey if it was really2 true then...may i know the source of these assumption & please don't get me wrong at least something logic...yeah i know they can do anything with it...but do take note 1st of all it was a simulation + arcade + multiplayer...they MUST had implement a fair gameplay & it will be definitely fair in every basic aspect...it will be the same, how can some of the plane got this & some doesn't...

take it like this for example, ferrari got driver hud & lamborghini doesn't had, but they race on the same track...it was a silly things to do & let say if they didn't had a licences to implement the hud option, then don't bother to put the option on the first place.

dear trk29 no offence juz take a deep breath & u'll get use to it.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ371 View Post
This games gonna be good, its gonna be fun.
You're darn right it is!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy69 View Post
I think theres enough acade flight games out already. .
Name one that is half as good as BOP will be.

I don't know why you refer to BOP only as "arcade". It will be a flight sim for consoles.

I agree that no cockpit views of german planes would be a weird mistake. That is why we will soon find out that it's just a rumor.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manintrees View Post
Name one that is half as good as BOP will be.

I don't know why you refer to BOP only as "arcade". It will be a flight sim for consoles.

I agree that no cockpit views of german planes would be a weird mistake. That is why we will soon find out that it's just a rumor.
Agreed. It must be a rumour (Aussie spelling).

They would not compromise 50% of multiplayer so stupidly.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:28 AM
Approved Member

If this is true, I can only imagine the panic Anton and some of the devs must be feeling, seeing as how everyone is getting really worried and frustrated, and is threatening not to get the game because of this.

I however, will be getting the game since I recently ordered a joystick, and am getting it two days late, which should be today, but also because the game is going to be enjoyable regardless.

I mean, yes, this is a very, very big mistake if it is true.. but its not going to destroy the game as you guys say. If this is the case, they obviously worked out ways in which to make online equal, and fair.

And as you guys were mentioning, there is always room for patches.. but the only thing I don't understand.. why couldn't they just take the cockpits from IL-2: 1946, and somehow implement them into BoP.. it seems like a simple thing to do, just take the main template, and then tighten up the graphics a bit.

Anyway, all in all I hope to god this isn't true, and if it is, I however, will still be purchasing this game, and will enjoy the hell out of it!
Old 08-13-2009, 05:36 AM
Approved Member

The way I see it, PC gamers are the ones who are most upset about the game missing this or MAYBE missing that. Because they've had great games in the genre for a long time now.

Console gamers, like myself, will be much more forgiving simply because a game like this has never been made. Does that mean I would be happy that the game is missing one or two important things? No. But some substituted cockpits and some missing cockpits (supposedly) won't turn me away one bit.

BTW, if it is true there are missing pits I would bet my bottom dollar there will be an update that includes them on day one or shortly thereafter.
Old 08-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Approved Member

Default same discussion thread (mod please merge)

dear xnikex please merge this thread with these one: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8772
since it discussing the same topic.

TQ
Old 08-13-2009, 06:14 AM
Approved Member

I don't really get this whole "arcading it down" for the masses when it comes to console. Look at Forza 3. Or the juggernaut Grand Turismo series. FPS games rarely have "simulators" but even now the Operation Flashpoint series is coming to console. I get that you have to have a mode that lets people who aren't hard core enjoy the game. Totally understandable. But know what? When I bought Forza 2 I wanted to get into it more. I wanted to turn off the assists. In order to compete online with that I needed a wheel. But that's that next level of the game that I really enjoy. I COULD still be happy playing the simplified version of the game, but I don't, because that's not me.

I guess it's like, for a company who has a history of making authentic, in-depth games, why penalize the fanbase you've built by ignoring a clearly important aspect of the "simulation"? It's the same business with all the controller discussion. It's a WWII flight combat game. You want to play in the simulation mode, you should think about dropping the $40 and get an Aviator at least (if that breaks your bank, my condolences).

After hearing Anton's views on the whole "why can't we play as the Germans in the campaign" debate, it's clear to me that he feels like Axis airplanes are very much in second place. While I disagreed with EVERY reason he gave, and even much of his views on the subject of war, his decision to focus on Allied aircraft in and out of the campaign, I'm sure, is more of a time and resources decision. Not every company has the infinite budget that iD or Valve or in-house EA franchises do (or name your big-budget game).

This whole "strive for excellence" thing sounds a little self-important, and a little naive about the gaming industry.

But, I'm with you, it still really bugs me...this lack of attention to some really impressive fighter planes that served in WWII (regardless of nation). And now that Axis planes have no cockpit in multiplayer, as I said before, that now affects the gameplay. It's much easier to see everything in the HUD display, so those true Allied simmers are going to be at a disadvantage. And dammit, the Me 109 in all it's variants (specifically the G2) is my favorite plane ever. It's just a cool friggin' airplane. And it's not like it's obscure. It's really sad that I can't line shots up through the reticule, and instead am forced do it on some display that looks like it's out of a modern jet fighter. Luh-ame.

Anton, if you're reading this, I'm not saying all this because I hate the game. I actually dug the demo so much, as I said, I bought an Ace Edge. I think we're all a little distraught because we feel like it's not what we were hoping it to be. A pretty obvious detail is sadly missing (according to some French dudes).

So, in conclusion, WAAAAAAA.
Closed Thread