Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

I think that yous guy are doing a good job and i like the direction finders and "some" of the aircraft but if you are going to make a patch think what people would love and make the game what it should be by having,
moving dogfights
6dof trackir
catapults for aircraft carriers.
Zuti MDS
i know it a big asks but i think these are more urgent then the needed for new aircraft
Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPITACE View Post
the CW-21? who few this and were did fly in ww2? thanks.
The CW-21 was operated in small numbers by the Chinese and Dutch air forces, who flew them rather unsuccessfully against the Japanese.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

@Daidalos-Team:

Thanks for the neu radio navigation!

I have a question about this. What happens if there are NDB's on the map and your plane has waypoints, and you press the "A" key?

- Does the plane follow the "old" waypoints?
- Does the plane follow to the tuned NDB?
- Is the "A" key disabled if you use NDB's on the map?

Btw: What's the range of the NDB's in the game?

Thanks for your effort, Daidalos
Old 01-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Autopilot flies like AI so it's still using the old waypoints as usual. Disabling autopilot would of course be possible when the realistic navigation option is turned on, but that might be too hardcore for some pilots. (I get lazy sometimes too).

Range of NDB is around 100 miles but that varies. At hi alt you have better reception that very low alt. And if you position your self so that there is some big hill/mountain between you and the NDB, then the reception is really bad.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Approved Member

I've just seen the radio navigation video on Youtube. I have to say this feature adds a whole lot more immersion to the sim.

I hear the raining sound at the end of the blind landing. So I'm asking whether you are thinking of adding more versatile weather effect like overcast and raining? Also is it possible to add raindrops on the windshield and side windows?

Old 01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

I just love the Cw21b, and the instrument panel is in Dutch !!

couldnt be any better ^^
Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 PM
Approved Member

Mayor steps for Il-2 and SoW today. Il-2 took a step further from game to simulation with this radio navigation add on and Sow….? Well just take a look at that video of that Spit and you will understand.
I almost feel sad that we must move on and eventually abandon Il-2 all together… but all love is like that I guess.

Regards

Viking
Old 01-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Approved Member

Very impressed with the radio navigation aids. Do we get some nice overcast layers and wind profiles to go with that?

W.
Old 01-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered Member

Hi evreybody !

I would like something. Could all ships (like destroyer or trawlerman boat) become a moving radio beacon ?

And THANKS for this marvellous add-on !!!
Good Luck for the suite.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAL_R-One View Post
Hi evreybody !

I would like something. Could all ships (like destroyer or trawlerman boat) become a moving radio beacon ?
Very good idea R-One. It is possible.

Do you know historical background of this? I recall that Waldo.Pepper mentioned that Japanese submarines could carry NDBs to help planes navigate to their target.
Closed Thread