Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:29 AM
Approved Member

Looking at the units and droids also has same resistance as horseman cso i maybe try them dont know .. i am so mad i do not have knights,slippery cuirass ,twinking boots .. especialy cuirass since ofr boots i have perfect shoes and would be hard choice .. but i do not have any good armor dress so its easy to drop it .. my choice is beetwen leather dress and dragon cape .. i will choose dragon cape i think
Old 11-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Well, I'm close to giving up on the no-loss thingy. It looks mathematically impossible to beat K'tahu up on impossible without losses. On the lower difficulties it may be possible, because he has less HP and the stacks he summons are fewer, but in the end, his damage output is really, really big with all those summoned creatures and spits.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:44 AM
Approved Member

Calinda somehow did it .. on warrior tough .. but warior might be even in worse situation since he doesnt have his dragon .. but more leadership tough .. Calinda has 44K leadership .. i have 29k .. 15k channes a lot ;p Bit i do not have any leadership items ..
Old 11-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

As a warrior, it is doable, and is much easier. Stock up on mana artifacts. Take the same high physical resistant party, put on the Inquisitor's Sword and the Singing Dagger and go to battle with at least 250 paladins. As long as nothing dies completely, phantom the paladins and they will resurrect pretty much everything in 2-3 turns.

Besides, as a warrior, you get a lot more from +20% leadership scroll and you may well get close (or over) to 300 paladins. First, that's a lot of firepower and second, that's doing resurrections much easier.

I have a few options left. I can take Agvares as a companion and get a bit more paladins with the same phys resistant party. I doubt it would make much difference, but it is worth the try.

EDIT:
BAH! I almost did it this time. That tactic with agvares worked. I lost only 49 Guardsmen this time. All I needed was 20 mana and I would have done it... That may prove that it is doable, with a little bit of luck. The Rage eater is invaluable in this battle, as it allows you to convert almost all of your rage into mana after K'tahu dies.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-28-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Approved Member

Whats special with agvares that you take him ?? Oh and i had easy uprade items so timeback + sacrifice to get full stack of my knights NO time to try the booss fight yet but i am gonna do the try with :

paladins
R griffs
demenologist
knights
hunters
Old 11-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Approved Member

Agvares has a weapon slot. That allows me to wear both Inquisitor's sword and the Singing dagger. That provides extra paladins, which means extra firepower and extra resurrection power.

Actually, that tactic paid off. Both Ktahu and Zilgadis went down without me losing a unit.

Only Baal left, and I'm worried about that fight. That idiot throws his sword way too often for my liking. Archmagi and Demonologists suffer big time - usually a third of a stack goes down like this. High physical resistant units are called for once again. Stone skin is a must too.

That's the final battle... Let's see if I can get it done as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kb 2009-11-28 16-33-40-46.jpg (233.9 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg kb 2009-11-28 16-05-12-63.jpg (238.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Well all armor bearers except for elenhel do have a wepaon slot And i think that archer like hunter will be no go.. So i will try similiar top yours just grihin instead of guardsmen .. so hm whats your tactics ? paladin blindspot adn sending phantoms to the rest of army which kills summons? paladin is kinda to slow for that i think so horseman??

Last edited by Elwin; 11-28-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

Well, you will need some phantom support, but you will also need stone skin to minimize the losses. losses are a big problem against Ktahu, and they are even bigger problem against baal. For a mage, it's like winning a chess game vs. opponent when you take away your queen, both rooks and both bishops in the beginning. There just isn't enough firepower to deal with both the damage and the losses.

The first attempt against baal ended up with 704 losses. Nice.

There is another problem here. Bill Gilbert's Leadership is equal to your own. So if you're a warrior with 50k+ leadership for this battle (using the wanderers' scroll), Bill Gilbert will have just as much. Now that seriously tilts the scales in your favor and makes the no-loss much easier.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-28-2009 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Approved Member

Double post, but it's worth it

Baal down. 0 losses. Time to post in the high score thread!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Approved Member

Well i lost very minimal against ktahu but baal ... i didnt know that he will vanish part of land and my units wii be guns so i lost a griifn and demologist .. summary of 900 casaulties but think of redoing it