Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiberiu View Post
Yea, I get you. But what's wrong with justifying piracy anyway? You have to test your car before you buy it, right?
Just to check, do you often steal a car to "test" if it works?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
Just to check, do you often steal a car to "test" if it works?
I think the issue is more like "Do you ACTUALLY buy the game if you like it?" This isn't really the place to discuss piracy, and the topic is pretty complex anyway. But I think it is often fallacious to think you are just previewing a game. That would be fine, if you actually purchased the game once you knew you liked it. But it is rarely true.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
I think the issue is more like "Do you ACTUALLY buy the game if you like it?" This isn't really the place to discuss piracy, and the topic is pretty complex anyway. But I think it is often fallacious to think you are just previewing a game. That would be fine, if you actually purchased the game once you knew you liked it. But it is rarely true.
True. I was mostly picking fun at the idea of "testing" a car. When you test drive a car, you get permission from the dealer to do that. You don't just walk into the lot, hop in a car and drive away. That's what makes it a pretty bad analogy for the whole piracy angle. If the developers gave permission for people to play for a bit for free, then it might work.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhruic View Post
If the developers gave permission for people to play for a bit for free, then it might work.
But they do, how many times you can see on steam games for free play test for the week-end, last Friday to Sunday I think you could test drive Left 4 Dead 2
Old 11-07-2012, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Oh, sure, some do. And downloading and playing the game at that point would, obviously, be perfectly acceptable.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

@sethmage
Quote:
oh don’t get me wrong, I won’t confirm nor deny my piracy activities, I just find it amusing that somebody obtains game/movie/song by “illegal” means then will complain to developers/producers about quality of their products.
But no matter if some1 buy or get game/movie/song legal or illegal from that point on that user is game advertiser and marketing agent. If product is good he will probably have positive mark for it in interaction with other possible customers. But in this case buy or piracy game is swarming with bugs and errors, so your way of getting it wont influence your mark. Game will get bad review no matter if you buy, borrow from friend his laptop with game installed or steal it by piracy.

Quote:
But they do, how many times you can see on steam games for free play test for the week-end, last Friday to Sunday I think you could test drive Left 4 Dead 2
Ok this is true, and some game studios invite for beta test, and free license keys, but in case of KB-WotN this wasnt case and i think iif it was many of this game problems wouldnt be here now cause i`m sure many would be caught before releasing it like it is now. So 1C messed up in this case.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:19 PM
Approved Member

Cool

I must agree with tiberiu about the KB is easy game, even for impossible level. I think developer should make more diffculty level, the enemy hero should prefer cast damage spell to low level unit insteads of some negative spell like slow, bad luck...,resurect spell or resurect ability need have limit for using times per battle, I want win a hard battle with no-loss after so many try with many diffrent strategy, not win because AI randomly make bad move.
After enjoy KB TL, when I play KB AP and KB CW, I feel boring when at mid game, because in this stage, I can get all kind of unit, spell, the battle become too easy if you know some bug (I think some strategy who make you get rage/mana infinity are bug, not strategy.
I will really enjoy the game if at every stage of the game, I alway need think a strategy to get over it. (IMO, KBCW is too easy and boring because you can get powerful unit at first island, rune mage too poweful, you only need 2,3 strategy and unit combo to win this game at impossible
When I play KB, I enjoy when I win a hard battle, not for a perfect end game.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:41 AM
Approved Member

You don't have to worry about no loss games anymore.
You know that first fight with Guilford ,when he cast armaggedon at the end of the battle ? Those troops are counted as casualties on the final score.
Was a little disappointed after 32 h of gameplay without losing a single troop.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gempepaine View Post
You know that first fight with Guilford ,when he cast armaggedon at the end of the battle ? Those troops are counted as casualties on the final score.
Oh wow, so the only way to do it is to win with level 5s or black dragons + astral mail, crown of the prince, etc.

Although, I think no-loss is a bit overkill but thanks for the heads up!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gempepaine View Post
should still be doable
like said above
level 5 with some extra+res
from skills and items