Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:46 PM
Approved Member

this will be new engine ?

http://www.outerra.com/forum/index.php?topic=637.0
Old 12-11-2012, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel79 View Post

I'm looking forward to this, 777 Studios and Maddox Talent combined? Sounds like a simmers dream to me.
A little birdy told me the only Maddox team members are the modelers to transpose models over to the ROF engine. I doubt we see any improvements to what ROF currently offers. If they try and put the complexities into the ROF engine that are currently in Clod, it will just be that much more full of limitations. I would love to be proved wrong. But when anyone brings up those limitations on the ROF forums currently, threads are locked or deleted.

Assuming they are magically gonna be able to turn around what they can't for ROF is a pretty poor assumption. And it just adds to it when you can't even talk about those limitations now. Do they know how to fix it now what they couldn't for 4 years of ROF? I doubt it. I will of course wait to be able to load up the ME and do a test. That will determine if I ever buy it in the 1st place.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 12-11-2012, 05:01 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Great news! Finally we can leave this CloD mess behind and start a-fresh, good luck and all the best to the new IL-2 team! Byebye banana!
Old 12-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

From FAQ:

"The Digital Nature engine ... has advanced physics, realistic flight-modeling, progressive damage modeling, complex ballistics, detailed environmental modeling, detailed terrain modeling and superb graphics rendering..."

Compared with CoD engine, nothig of this is true by far.

I have tryed RoF many times as I like WWI planes, but always with the same result. I can´t get hooked with it´s cartoon and off look. I hope they can improve the engine to match CoD new standards, in physics, damage, render distance, CEM, planes and terrain detail and awasome lighting, but I seriosly doubt it. Anyway the pay for every pieze of the sim model ala RoF is a no go for me. So I´m out.

This is the Oleg`s vision dead. It was a very similar vision to mine. So I´moving ahead, but no with BoS as it is planed now.

See you in the skyes... in the CoD skyes of course.
GTX 560
Old 12-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
lol, you gotta be freakin kidding me

yo furbs, come and look at this one and then try and tell me again how happy you are

unbefreakinleavable !!
Its about right. Look at the price of all of the planes, the maps, the weapons addons and the field mods on their site and you'll see what I mean.

http://riseofflight.com/en/store

Tot em all up, mind you I bought a good few of their planes and other stuff in their sales so 500 might be a bit of an exaggeration. I've still spent a good few quid on it though and like furbs I dont regret paying a single penny of what I've forked out.

My guess that is a couple of years after its launch, YOU will probably be amazed at how much money this new sim has taken out of your wallet.
One thing I can say though is that you dont really notice how much you have spent seeing as you buy things in dribs and drabs.

Rest assured though that the IL2 community will be paying through the nose for this new game and when you moan about the cost you will be told how lucky you are that someone is making this sim for you.
Its what Jason does...

Last edited by Davy TASB; 12-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:32 PM
Approved Member

S!

Interesting news and gives hope. Maybe a naive comment, but I think the "former competitors" saw the light and gain more than lose by merging their teams. I hope this brings good management and community relations, less hassle and delays etc. I congratulate both 1C and 777 Studios for the new era of flight simming!
Old 12-11-2012, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

Well one thing for sure, the communication so far over at the new forum has been excellent!

EVGA X79 Dark MB| I7 4820Kcpu @ 4.5 ghz|16gb Corsair 2100 MHZ DDR3 ram|EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB |SoundBlaster Z PCIe soundcard | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Pedals | Track IR5 | Windows 8.1 64 bit
Old 12-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Luthier has been steadily dumbing down the IL2 product ever since he climbed aboard. Way to go Luthier.

Re 'communication is better at the new forum', yes, new people are in charge ...

I really do feel for Oleg, that this is the outcome after all he achieved earlier.

RedToo.

43 Squadron.

My 'Waiting for Clodo' thread: http://tinyurl.com/bqxc9ee

Last edited by RedToo; 12-11-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailantd View Post
From FAQ:

"The Digital Nature engine ... has advanced physics, realistic flight-modeling, progressive damage modeling, complex ballistics, detailed environmental modeling, detailed terrain modeling and superb graphics rendering..."

Compared with CoD engine, nothig of this is true by far.

I have tryed RoF many times as I like WWI planes, but always with the same result. I can´t get hooked with it´s cartoon and off look. I hope they can improve the engine to match CoD new standards, in physics, damage, render distance, CEM, planes and terrain detail and awasome lighting, but I seriosly doubt it. Anyway the pay for every pieze of the sim model ala RoF is a no go for me. So I´m out.

This is the Oleg`s vision dead. It was a very similar vision to mine. So I´moving ahead, but no with BoS as it is planed now.

See you in the skyes... in the CoD skyes of course.
+1
Old 12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Approved Member

Sad news.

For me it's out of question to return to RoF Business model. I don't see myself going after German pilots strap and Russian belly buttons as if it was the most wanted mods by the community just because it increase your virtual pilot resistance to G and nausea... Or whatever can spin out of their marketing leader

Enough is enough.

As for the game engine, beside what was promised and did not survive the first weeks on the market (FM, credible atmosphere, realism, historically accurate FM and WM...) , RoF game engine was eavily Hacked even before I had the opportunity to run it on my PC. And this with no sign of concern from Rof's devs (contrary to what we hve seen with CoD)

So RiP CoD (?). The battle is over...

Last edited by TomcatViP; 12-11-2012 at 06:37 PM.