Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

View Poll Results: Do you want Red outs and black outs in simulation mode?
Yes 56 91.80%
no (post your reasons why) 5 8.20%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steiner View Post
HERE YA GO! I GOT REDOUT, BLACKOUT, BLUEOUT AND PURPLEOUT!

Steiner, you're on a roll today. LOL.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

I'm feelin' good, I got rageing endorfens 'cause tomorrow the demo comes out.
I feel so good that I think I'll go mow the lawn.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
tomorrow? time goes quickly
Old 07-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm already. Got my pilot goggles and scarf ready, the rest of the outfit will come later Jk
Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Have any of you seen the video's for the game on IGN.com? Damn those videos just make me want it more. Also, it has a video of a guy terribly struggling in the realism mode. Check them out if you haven't.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
You reminded me of that commercial where that pilot mows his lawn in his flight suit, helmet, and everything LoL.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xNikex View Post
You reminded me of that commercial where that pilot mows his lawn in his flight suit, helmet, and everything LoL.
I think you could totally rig up a flight stick to a riding mower. LOL.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch View Post
I think you could totally rig up a flight stick to a riding mower. LOL.
Lmao! Never really thought about that since the throttle could also controlled the same way too LOL.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauptmannmolders View Post
of course we'd all love to have these things and frankly i did expect these features to be here so yes i'm dissappointed but i'm sick of people whining about every single little detail of this game. This type of moaning is what makes even slightly more casual gamers think sim fans are losers and make no mistake this game is trying to straddle both sides on purpose. Lets be honest it would appear at this stage, prior to its release, that this game is going to set a new bench mark for flight games on consoles. That is all i ask. We may be abe to get pickier on the second edition but for now the guys that have made this game have poured untold millions of dollars and tens of thousands of hours into a game that if unsuccessful may ruin their company. I for one want every espect to be perfect but even if it is missing a few things the first time around, i am extremely excited and very grateful for the work they have done.

+>>
here here
Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 AM
Registered Member

Red outs and black outs? Sure they would be nice but they're far from a deal breaker for me. No there's something else that just might though but first a little backround if you will let me indulge.

I've been playing the IL-2 series of games since Pacific Fighters came out. So not forever but almost. Simply put, it's my favorite pc flight sim I've played and I still do to this day. However as you might have gathered with me posting here, I also love to play games on consoles too. So when one of my fave pc series makes a move to the console I get quite anxious. Witness Race Pro just a few months ago. Utter failure IMO. BoP though, after playing demo, is obviously on much firmer ground. It feels like IL-2, yay! It looks and sounds great too. The multiplayer will be the true test of course.

So here's the rub and it may just be me because I didn't see much mention of it elsewhere on this forum (could be I just didn't dig deep enough)... why didn't you include a custom button layout option? I'm not a programmer but it seems like such an obvious thing to do. Personally I have a real problem with having the Throttle, Rudder & Head-cam all on the same stick. I might be able to walk, chew gum & pat my belly at the same time but looking around at low altitude w/o screwing up your throttle position or rudder is nigh impossible for me.

I think it's great that you made sure to support flight sticks with your game but the appeal of console gaming to me is being able to plop down on the couch, hit a button and be off and running with my controller in hand. I already have an X52 for the pc and I really don't want to have to by another one for the 360. I only have so much space & $$$.

Believe me it's not just you guys, there's plenty of other console flyers that have the same issues it's just that because I love your past games so much that this is a dissapointment for me. I'm wondering if you tried any other flying games on the 360 when coming up with your control layout? It's very similar to the Battlestaions' games (which I also love but for the ships not the planes). If it had to be a fixed layout then Over-G's wins hands down. Lt stick for pitch & roll, Rt stick for head-cam, Triggers for rudder control & Shoulder buttons for throttle control. To me that just makes sense, no?

Anyway, I'll almost certainly get the game when it's released (any chance of a multiplayer demo???) and deal with the control scheme best I can but just wanted to hopefully have someone at 1C to hear my piece. Thank's for your time.