Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:33 AM
Approved Member

Well for missions with limited Ammo and such i can understand it, but if you say we cannot put limited ammo in the campaign missions because you need to kill to many targets, it doesent make sense if your engine breaks down after using it so much, In that mission you have to face ATLEAST 20 FW190D's.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepTrgt View Post
Well for missions with limited Ammo and such i can understand it, but if you say we cannot put limited ammo in the campaign missions because you need to kill to many targets, it doesent make sense if your engine breaks down after using it so much, In that mission you have to face ATLEAST 20 FW190D's.
Yeah, I truly don't know..

continue to talk about this in http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=8912

that is dedicated.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Yea i dont know either, i'll just see if its in the full game and see if its only me. I might do something wrong never know, but up to now it doesnt feel like i did anything wrong.

So we'll see!
I enjoy the game anyway
Old 08-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Approved Member

not to mention the six 50cal. dont do anything to ground targets, ive seen old ww2 gun cam films were they blow up tanks and trains with out rockets maybe it would be good to mention to developers because i think that should be part of game
Old 08-19-2009, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

Unlimited fuel
But i think its just over use of WEP.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxqubit View Post
I'm no wizzard on these matters. I just fly and hardly look at the meters/dials ... but on Tiger Hunt i had similar experiences.

I remember at least 2 times that the engine stopped working. These were long missions. One battling the enemy planes, the other i was trying to fly as high as possible. That time the engine stopped at 7000m(?? i dont recall, seems very high, but i remember being surprised)

Anyway, i assumed that i simply had run out of fuel. But could be that 'oil pressure thingy'
Well I had my engine stopped in Dover but it was due to damages.

Was it in sim mode or another one ?
Old 08-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBooze View Post
not to mention the six 50cal. dont do anything to ground targets, ive seen old ww2 gun cam films were they blow up tanks and trains with out rockets maybe it would be good to mention to developers because i think that should be part of game
Shooting a tank with .50cals wouldn't do anything. It would do some damage to a train though, so maybe that should be modelled.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Must have been a lucky shot to take out a tank on a strafing run. The only way that would happen is if a round went through the hatch and hit some shells.

Last edited by Riceball; 08-20-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

It really depends on the tank, you could chew up a Pzr Mk 3 pretty easily with 6 M2's but on a Tiger you'd be limited to chewing up the fuel tanks and exhaust (A tank with no fuel is almost as bad as a destroyed one anyway).

Regardless I did notice that your guns have no effect on ground targets/objects which was a confuing choice from the devs. I'd like to be able to destroy Flak guns and other unarmored ground targets instead of wasting rockets on them.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker15 View Post
Regardless I did notice that your guns have no effect on ground targets/objects which was a confuing choice from the devs. I'd like to be able to destroy Flak guns and other unarmored ground targets instead of wasting rockets on them.
I blew up some AA with the machine gun on Tiger Hunt. Took a few sweeps but it went up.