Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Oleg if you ll make another game and will not look after it....please dont make it...
Old 06-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD_crash View Post
I would like to see the AAA reduced from submarines for a time before it dives, This would allow A/C like the Swordfish a good chance of sinking it as in RL (asuming that the subs can dive during the game)
Hey if the men refuse to leave their guns and sacrifice themselves for the good of the ship, who are we to complain!

and Mekushikurih, Oleg has supplied more update and support for the Il2 series than anyone could reasonably expect. We were infact spoilt! Just because they have finished with IL2 to start working on BoB doesn't take away the six or so years that Oleg supported the IL2 series.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekushikurih View Post
Oleg if you ll make another game and will not look after it....please dont make it...
Huh?

Does responding to this comment mean looking after a troll?
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Approved Member

Default best rez for spotting bogeys in SOW?

per the title, is it possible to get a clue as to the best resolution to use for spotting bandits in SoW? I guess this has been asked before. No I didn't do a search. Still be nice to know. I assusme a lot of guys are holding off buying a new system until SoW is in imminent release. Buying a good monitor that displays the best res for spotting bogeys could be an issue (?).
Flyby out
Old 06-30-2009, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagTaken2 View Post
Huh?

Does responding to this comment mean looking after a troll?
i believe that person is very young and because of that unable to concentrate for more than 15 min. at anything.
Therefore that person isn´t aware how long this game exists and how much oleg has done for it.
It might have taken those 15 min. to install the game, find this forum and post.
Maybe we wont hear anymore from there?
Old 06-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Registered Member

yes he done so much that we have sniper bomber gunners and it cant be fixed...
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Stay with us on this one, focus bro focus. He's working on SOWBOB! Why spend any more time on the old flight sim when he can put the finishing touches on the new one? Try downloading some new mods for Il2 or keep moving when attacking bombers, don't sit on their six.

Flyingbullseye
Old 07-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Attacking a bomber from, the rear was always dangerous and the interwar RAF philosophies that recommended this form of attack, (It the pilots duty to press on the attack until he a) destroys his target; b) expends his ammunition; c) receives enough damaged that he can’t attack any longer) lasted only long enough for the fighter pilots to actually try it in a shooting war!

I’m not an expert but try a diving, slashing attack from outside the arch of fire from the tail gunner and try not turning back on to your target until you’ve exited the immediate danger area and put your self in a proper position to attack again.

Also you might appreciate the gunner’s skills a bit better if you fly a few missions in bombers and take over control of the guns. Even a mug like me can get an occasional kill from the tail guns if the attacker is not using the correct tactics!

Cheers!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Registered Member

beyond visual range,

9 hits only,

all to the engine area...

the rest is bull shit... ah..also

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...2&postcount=10

they are not normal, and dont tell me that he is looking after the game, if that was a mmo or something alike that had rivals, its lifespan would not be that long.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
beyond visual range,

9 hits only,

all to the engine area...

the rest is bull shit... ah..also

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...2&postcount=10

they are not normal, and dont tell me that he is looking after the game, if that was a mmo or something alike that had rivals, its lifespan would not be that long.
This has been a problem in every WW2 flight sim I've attacked bombers in, notably the BOB section of the original MS CFS.

Attacking a large formation from the rear wasn't clever, attacking stragglers from the rear was do-able, which is why the big wing boyos liked head on attacks, that sort of attack broke up the formation, and made all of the bombers stragglers and easy targets. The Spitfire and Hurricane I think (unlike contemporary russian planes) had bulletproof windscreens, not enough to stop cannon shells, but plenty to stop rifle calibre bullets getting through.

The 12.5mm guns of the US bombers were very different from the 7.xxmm guns in use earlier in the war.
Closed Thread