Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 07-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Approved Member

Yes, a Ju-88S would be really nice, especially because its incredibly fast compared to other variants including night fighters (610 km/h+ at altitude)
Problem is lack of cockpit pictures. A Me-410 would be far better in the schnellbomber role, because its multifunctional.

Quote:
In terms of bang for our buck, what does the A-14 give us? Having a forward firing MG-FF is interesting (we have it in the torp version after all) but not immensely so. All I can see is that it has cable cutters and a MG-FF.
Yes, I agree with you. Of course the C-6 would be much better, but if its cockpit is lost, A-14 is the only variant that could be added to the game without much work. Other benefit would be that this variant had slightly more armor than the A-4.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaunt1 View Post
Yes, a Ju-88S would be really nice, especially because its incredibly fast compared to other variants including night fighters (610 km/h+ at altitude)
Problem is lack of cockpit pictures. A Me-410 would be far better in the schnellbomber role, because its multifunctional.

Yes, I agree with you. Of course the C-6 would be much better, but if its cockpit is lost, A-14 is the only variant that could be added to the game without much work. Other benefit would be that this variant had slightly more armor than the A-4.
Ahh, well more armor can be useful certainly

Although the C-6 cockpit apparently was lost, if there was time to work on something then I'm sure it could be recreated. But yes... the Me410 is probably one of the best projects that could be worked on because you can get quite a few versions and variants including the bomber version without much modification between them.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Could you make the Ju-88C6 from scratch?
Old 07-11-2013, 07:58 AM
Approved Member

Wasn't there a Ju-88A4 (late) in the works at one point too? (No dive brakes and heavier defensive MG81Z armament and armour?)

I agree a C6 would be the most useful to have although an S1 would also be a treat!
Old 08-27-2013, 01:56 PM
Approved Member

Not a big deal, but I think the armament of Fw-200C3/U4 is still totally off.

1; defensive MGs: currently, the aircraft has one MG-FF and 5 MG-15s, but on the real C3/U4, the side and rear top machineguns were replaced by MG-131s.
solution: fix the armament, OR delete the /U4 suffix from the name.

2; bombload: Way too high. 50% of the loadout options are far above the real 2100 kg.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Not a big deal, but I think the armament of Fw-200C3/U4 is still totally off.
The Fw-200 is overdue for some attention. It was one of the earlier planes in the game and the model shows it.

If TD is still interested in the "anti-shipping strike fighter" aspect of the game, it would also be a natural to become a flyable plane. It would be the perfect Axis counterpart to the B-24D.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
The Fw-200 is overdue for some attention. It was one of the earlier planes in the game and the model shows it.

If TD is still interested in the "anti-shipping strike fighter" aspect of the game, it would also be a natural to become a flyable plane. It would be the perfect Axis counterpart to the B-24D.
+1
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Correct me if Im wrong, but I think someone modeled a cockpit for Fw-200 in the ancient times, but Oleg rejected it for some reason. Maybe TD has this cockpit?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Correct me if Im wrong, but I think someone modeled a cockpit for Fw-200 in the ancient times, but Oleg rejected it for some reason. Maybe TD has this cockpit?
That would be a start, but you'd also have to model all the other crew stations. So, multiply the work for a single seat plane by at least 5.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
There were also cockpits for the B-29 and possibly a few others. I remember Oleg saying that the models were not easily importable into the game engine (didn't follow the rules) and that the team would basically have to rebuild from scratch rather than try and fiddle with them to make it work.