Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

You're absolutely right And this can be a nice asset to your well-being.

However, a note of caution to the other players. The adventure spells (or whatever they will be called in english) have limited use. This means they're best used in battles with bosses and castle sieges. In addition to that, if you're striving for a faster victory, you don't always have the luxury of going back and forward between the continents to add the extra troops.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

it seems armored princess is going to be a great game. i've got KB the legend yesterday and i'm going to have plenty of game play to play with KB the legend before moving to Armored Princess After it's Released
Old 10-20-2009, 04:16 PM
Approved Member

Some quick impressions:

-Morale is a more important part of the game. There are now more skills, units and artifacts to increase morale, even for neutral units. Also, enemy units have morale, which is a big innovation. Morale changes during the battle - negative effects, for example, decrease morale!

-Critical Hit chance is shown in unit description now, and many effects and abilities, even skills, change this.

-Certain spells have been majorly re-vamped. Battle Cry, for example, is a mass spell even on level I.

-There are a lot of unit abilities that come into play when a certain number of the unit has been destroyed (Barbarians alway inflict Critical damage after they are halved, Swordsmen get Evasion, Lizardmen/women get new talents, Gobot worms can multiply). This makes the battles more interesting, and moreso makes gives you - or your enemy - a chance to come out on top even after losing many units.

-Unit avaliablity, most likely thanks to listening to feedback at forums, is less random. You can guaranteedly find certain units in certain places, for example Inquisitors - for whom there is much demand for - are for sale in most temples. There is even a Green dragon you can recruit fairly early in the game.

-Similary, most likely after listining to us non-loss game maniacs, you can do the training mission without losses since you get Paladins for your army (and you fight ents, not a dragon).

-Followers are more versatile then wives, and give unique bonuses, some even change during the game.

-Sadly I find the main plot and the quests less diverse then KB-The Legend. Most quests are simply headhunts to kill an enemy hero. There are still complicated quests and tricky ones with multiple outcomes, but far less then in the original game.

-Hint: When choosing your Dragon pet, most give average bonuses like +1attack, +5 Mana, etc. The light blue one, though gives +1 initiative to all animals in the army! This also includes dragons!

-Many units have been tweaked and generally, they are more durable and have more then one uses on the battlefield. Most Level 4-5 units got HP increase (Royal thorns are real monsters with their 360 HP!), some too powerfull units have been de-nerfed (Cannoneers have lower initiative, dragons are less fast) and most level 1-2 units got new abilities that make them usefull even in battles against level 4-5 units (Fairies can mark targets for archers, lake dragonflies can paralyze enemies, Pirates can evade attacks, werewolves can increase their numbers similar to ghosts against humanoid enemies).

Last edited by BB Shockwave; 10-20-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

I wouldn't get too excited about AP being harder than TL. I played the game through on Hard as a Warrior and didn't have many problems.

I found the skills that increased critical hits to be incredibly powerful. By the end of the game my units had at least 30-40% critical chance, which was great. The 'Wake Dragon' spell is very useful for a Warrior, as you can sometimes use the Baby Dragon twice in a turn toward the end of the game, and it negates recharge time of course. Basically I found the Warrior path to be very, very strong. The main Dragon skill toward the end was Dive Dragon, which had been buffed insanely. I was slightly disappointed about the lack of variation in the Dragon's skills. Some of the other things are nice early (the wall is okay, as is the strange egg) but toward the end it was all direct damage.

Time Back is gone, but there's now a spell which does exactly the same thing, so I ended up using that a lot.

I don't think Impossible will be too difficult for a Warrior. As a Mage, it might be more challenging.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Is there any site where the new spells, creatures etc. are explained in english? We need something to hold us over until release.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
Is there any site where the new spells, creatures etc. are explained in english? We need something to hold us over until release.
You can find info about new creatures in this thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...?t=5243&page=4
Old 10-30-2009, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

Thanks
Old 11-20-2009, 04:08 AM
Approved Member

Hey everybody, can't wait to get the new expansion as I fell in love with this game about a year ago when I found it. I just recently purchased KB:TL retail, and was just wondering if there would be any specific place I would have to purchase the expansion. I was going to do it online as I have not found a single store in this city that knows anything at all about AP release. To my understanding there was a couple different english releases 1 of which was done by Atari and another by Nautilis or something like that, I guess Atari was the north american release (which is the copy I have) so are there any particular sites I should be downloading this expansion from? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:27 AM
Approved Member

You can get it from Gamersgate, which is a very reliable and trustworthy service. Click on the link in my signature...
Old 11-20-2009, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

So far I think I prefer king bounty to ap; i've only played the demo and I think the demo starts in the middle of the game so it might not be a fair comparison. I'm mostly making this comment in case there is a third game. The things I prefer about the the original (dislike about the expansion) are kind of petty but the colour scheme and cutesy dragon are kind of annoying in the new game. Examples include the beholder; shaman colours (vs original) as well as the dragon antics during the fights. I remember how excited I was when I played the kb's demo and rushed out and purchased the game the first day it was available (something i rarely do). After AP's demo I kind of lack luster; well I'll play this game sooner or later but I can wait a bit. As I noted the demo might not be a fair impression; and also as players go i might be in a minority but since i figure these games are successful and a third game is likely in the works I figured i should comment sooner than later.

My view on the actual game might change when I acquire the full game (waiting to see who the distributor is in usa before deciding on digital vs disk)