Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: The Legend > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Registered Member

Default Game Crashes

Help Please. I have been looking forword to playing this game since it was released. I have installed it, game loads, goes through the setup, and can go into the options. But once i select character and go to 1st screen then game crashes and i have to reset my computer. I'm using Vista on a Toshiba Laptop and as far as i can see all the required specs are fine for this game.

Please please i cannot go any longer without playing this game as i first started playing Kings Bounty on the Old Sega Megadrive
Old 07-31-2009, 05:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhs1 View Post
Help Please. I have been looking forword to playing this game since it was released. I have installed it, game loads, goes through the setup, and can go into the options. But once i select character and go to 1st screen then game crashes and i have to reset my computer. I'm using Vista on a Toshiba Laptop and as far as i can see all the required specs are fine for this game.

Please please i cannot go any longer without playing this game as i first started playing Kings Bounty on the Old Sega Megadrive
What is the video card on your laptop? It is definitely problem with GPU.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

Hi

Thanks for the quick response. Its an ATI Radeon X1250
Old 08-03-2009, 05:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhs1 View Post
Hi

Thanks for the quick response. Its an ATI Radeon X1250
That's pretty strange, as this problem is related to shader 2.0 support, although your card supports them. First of all try to update you video drivers and install the latest DirectX. If the issue is not solved, try to use 3dAnalyzer, it is free programm, and it allows to simulate sheders, using software recources. It help on the systems, which do not support Shaders 2.0.
Good luck.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Registered Member

I am having the same issue with the same laptop brand and I am pretty sure the same video card.

I have updated and installed the patch and I have all the updated drivers? Any other advice?